I said let baby quit :^}

• Dneirf
    438 Posts
    Sat, Aug 18 2018 1:13 PM

• AceSkyKing
    17 Posts
    Sun, Aug 26 2018 7:26 AM

Well said pdb1.  

The Gentleman side of the game is that golfers are expected to follow the rules of the game whether or not any one is watching.  The Etiquite side is treating other players like one would like to be treated.  

I agree that there are a million legit reasons to exit a game. And explanations are not required. If one has a normal life then reasons like having to go to work, catching a flight, a kids game/concert, a business meeting, dinner time, or anything logical to that player does not require my permission.  Neither does it  require my permission to quit if someone is having a really bad round but has just had enough.  

No one is a horrible person for quiting a game.  Discourtesy to other players is not the norm for a game of golf. But then neither is intolerance for those who are.  Real Life.

• MickleMike
    3 Posts
    Thu, Aug 30 2018 10:19 PM

Well said Dneirf, and I am especially happy I have now found another new word that defies the "I before E" policy we all learned as kids.

One problem I have as an avid golfer and golfer on this site is people who quit a game, leaving me in a spot where my consecutive days played points are in limbo that I like to give to my country club. Not much of a big deal but it freezes my whole game play and at times I have had to contact WGT and ask for my XP to match my consecutive days played because of their glitch. You would think they would fix that.

More importantly you brought up the word etiquette. I would think the best button that WGT needs is one to report players who are just off the hook. While I don't remember from the day I signed onto this site whether it was 21 and over or not, my kids hang around me when I am playing this. Tonight it was the second showing of someone I have played before who was just rated X in the chat room, as well as rude, disrespectful, racist, discriminating, and I don't think anyone was safe in any race, orientation, anything from this person. Why should I have to give up my game and my XP points because of that? Do we need an adult section on this site? 

• Luckystar5
    1,638 Posts
    Sat, Sep 1 2018 9:42 AM

Yes, there are a million and one reasons for forfeiting,  this topic has been worn out and beat to death!  Take it as a compliment when someone does so, look at the positive side, saves you hits on golf balls, saves your time, you get the victory, you can move on to another game quicker etc. As far as daily xp count, you recieve those points on your very first tee shot, you don't lose them.  Check out the searcheck section on this topic, if you have lots of time to waste. 

• PAGES
RSS