Forums

Help › Forums

open scoring..Royal St Georges

Tue, Jun 14 2011 2:30 AM (119 replies)
  • b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2011 1:41 PM

IH8kidz:
    Yeah, must be all that practice and thousands of rounds, and knowing every blade of grass and reading the wind perfectly, where to place the ball, etc. Come on people, the course just opened and a 54? Alot of luck or something else.............

A lot of skill and a lot of hours playing the game.   This course is at its easiest to say the least.  I predict it takes 57 to get in.       

Playing ranked with the winds juiced up makes this a tough course.   Found weeds 3 times in an MPC one was 70/80.  Managed to save par all 3 times.   

Cheers,

b0gey

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2011 1:50 PM

Please --- enough with the cheating already .....

With low winds this is the easiest set up I've seen from the back tees in 2 years ...The putting is ridiculously easy --- ball runs straight and true.  Subtle moves like Bethpage but slower putting greens make it so much easier.    Any of the folks who have played "thousands of rounds" as I have - just has to do 1 or 2 rounds in order to score very low.   Only 3 or 4 holes can get you in trouble ... but after seeing them 1 or 2 times it's easy to avoid the tough spots.

Now when the winds are turned up .. and the greens are at real tournament speed ... it might be a bit different.  

IH8kids ... try the course a few times before you make that kind of comment.   Your a TM on the verge of becoming a Legend.   You'll see how easy it is.

• theMuttsnutts
    45 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2011 2:01 PM

54 top score cuts at 63.... lol

No point entering really its a tourney for the usual suspects I feel.

Bring on crazy golf I'd win that....

Woof...

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2011 2:05 PM

I'm with Ivietri. I just had one round and I could see how simples the putts were going to be, all I have to do now is actually learn to putt my ball where my mouth is...

Great course, and something new for anyone who says they are tired of the existing courses, one has to wonder how long it will be before those people crank up the whine machine as an alternative to getting down to enjoy with a little bit of good grace for what we have just received.

Lizzie xx

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2011 2:55 PM

I think the next time we get a new course and someone opens up a "What do you think the cut line will be" thread, I'm going to counter with a "How many posts will it take before someone insinuates someone is cheating" post ;)

• Heisman12
    102 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2011 3:19 PM

lvietri:
    With low winds this is the easiest set up I've seen from the back tees in 2 years ...The putting is ridiculously easy --- ball runs straight and true.

Agreed.  I just played my first round and shot a 65.  That was with 29 freakin putts, which is a number I rarely reach.  For the doubters, I'm not smart enough to cheat:)

I'll play it a few more times this week, and would be surprised, with these conditions, not to break 60.  It's a fun course, if a bit easier than others, and I'm impressed with WGT's work.

• theMuttsnutts
    45 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2011 3:59 PM

Heisman12:

lvietri:
    With low winds this is the easiest set up I've seen from the back tees in 2 years ...The putting is ridiculously easy --- ball runs straight and true.

Agreed.  I just played my first round and shot a 65.  That was with 29 freakin putts, which is a number I rarely reach.  For the doubters, I'm not smart enough to cheat:)

I'll play it a few more times this week, and would be surprised, with these conditions, not to break 60.  It's a fun course, if a bit easier than others, and I'm impressed with WGT's work.

Low winds??? lol had nothing less that 10mph for the first 5 holes.

It does looks fun but this is only open to players with a decent driver then I take it... suckered again.

anyone lend me a driver for a few hours? made the mistake of hiring the v2 the other day to try out  but now I cant afford the v2 for real... lol

They could at least deduct the hire from the cost if you decide to purchase it...

Robbing C**TS

• ryan4spurs
    828 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2011 4:01 PM

I went from 63 in my 1st attempt to a 58 in which I made 3 basic errors on the course, so could have shot a 55 on my 2nd round. Surely I must be cheating???

The constant moaning and complaining that players here are cheating is getting very old now. Get better at the game if possible. Play and complete your rounds so you can get used to the greens, that's where the low scores are made.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2011 4:05 PM

theMuttsnutts:

Low winds??? lol had nothing less that 10mph for the first 5 holes.

It does looks fun but this is only open to players with a decent driver then I take it... suckered again.

anyone lend me a driver for a few hours? made the mistake of hiring the v2 the other day to try out  but now I cant afford the v2 for real... lol

They could at least deduct the hire from the cost if you decide to purchase it...

Robbing C**TS

Gosh you complain a lot.

Do you think you would have a better chance of qualifying if everyone hit from the White Tees?

You had your chance last month at Kaiwah to qualify for the Kettle one, did you make the cut?

• troyronaldson
    382 Posts
    Wed, Jun 8 2011 4:23 PM

im better just to sit and watch the cut line dwindle. bib does it again with a casual 54 lmao same old members different tourney. good luck to those that have qualified in one day pmsl

RSS