Forums

Help › Forums

open scoring..Royal St Georges

Tue, Jun 14 2011 2:30 AM (119 replies)
  • oneeyedjohn
    9,571 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2011 8:43 AM

I'll apologise if there is any misunderstanding on my part of course.

I'm too new here to start a ruck with anyone, but I know what is polite and what is not polite

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2011 9:03 AM

wildcat18racing6:
    And just to show no hard feelings with anyone, first one to respond to me who needs a longer driver will get it for free.

I'm out growing my R11...do you have a 300 yard version tucked away?

:)

• wildcat18racing6
    420 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2011 9:20 AM

MBaggese:

wildcat18racing6:
    And just to show no hard feelings with anyone, first one to respond to me who needs a longer driver will get it for free.

I'm out growing my R11...do you have a 300 yard version tucked away?

:)

lmao, nice try

• theMuttsnutts
    45 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2011 12:51 PM

Heisman12:

theMuttsnutts:
    So... do you have a driver I could borrow b0gey?

Wish I could, but I don't think you'd find that to be the solution.  

I just played my second game there.  Putter was on fire and I was 11 under through 13 until I got metered on 14 and took a triple bogey because I didn't play the rescue right and ended up going into the drink.  Still, a 62 second time out means that scores are going to be very low here, under these conditions.

One other thought: there are those who can't or won't buy better equipment.  I wonder if those people ever thought to thank those of us who are spending money and keeping WGT practically free for them?

It would be a major part of my solution... :D

Thank you to everyone that make this game practically free... Bless you

• davidbnewell
    8 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2011 3:08 PM

wildcat18racing6:

Just one pint? hell, lets drink a bunch of pints and laugh about it all lol. And by the way guys...thanks. And just to show no hard feelings with anyone, first one to respond to me who needs a longer driver will get it for free.

What if you don't carry a driver? :) Yeah, I play off the tee with the 230 Rapture 3-Wood and starter balls. Feel it will better prepare me for long iron approaches and the increased length of holes as I tier up. Saving for the R11. Only 9 more levels to go...

I will say that Congressional is a BEAST for Qualifying if only hitting 230 off the tee. Especially the back 9. I've gotten to the 11th tee at -3, but all downhill (uphill?) from there. St. Georges seems alot easier to me on first pass. Much more approachable greens from the distances I've got left. I can easily see how people are dropping 56-57's, if hitting 8 irons to wedges on 14 holes that all stick with no bounce.

I wouldn't be too surprised if someone doesn't go 52 in the Qualifier at St. Georges.

• seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2011 3:26 PM

Just shot a 57 which included a par at par 5 14th when I had a great chance to be real close in 2, and a bogey at 15.

I am no super-legend player, but I played the qualifier for about 2 hrs straight.

So to all those who say a sub 60 round must mean you cheated - yah boo to you.

If I can be 3 shots off BnB (although I don't for one second believe the gap will be that small at the end) then it just goes to show that

a) the course is set up quite easy

b) anyone who is good with their middle and short irons and putter will break 60 easily

c) cut will be 56 or 57, cos if I can do it then many more can too

By the way, I would recommend using the Cally spin rather that the Cally distance balls as you don't need the extra distance really, and the extra spin comes in handy around the greens.

Man I wished I'd shot the 56, so I could go for the fitting of my hat already

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Jun 9 2011 10:06 PM

theMuttsnutts:
     I only want a driver, I've already got a bag...
    theMuttsnutts:

MBaggese:

theMuttsnutts:
    So then you got a driver I can borrow?

Sure, anytime you see my bag laying around, feel free to grab it.

I only want a driver, I've already got a bag...

Anyway just got -2 after 9 (had to play out of my skin then......... ended with............................................... 12+

it was fun up until the 11th when the fairways got longer and the greens were constantly moving around...lol 

Grab the whole thing, my clubs are better than yours.

• JohnHancock
    1,905 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2011 4:15 AM

Is it just me or does anyone else feel like they are playing a different game when they come on here?  I have been on WGT for 2 + years and play daily.  This morning I shot a 62 in the Qualifier and was very pleased, this being my best ever 18 hole score.  I can't see myself shooting better than that on that course in those conditions.

Then I come on here and read how 'easy' it is to hit a 57 or better lol.  Sometimes a little humble pie wouldn't go amiss around here.

• Tobbbia
    3 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2011 4:52 AM

wildcat18racing6:

Just one pint? hell, lets drink a bunch of pints and laugh about it all lol. And by the way guys...thanks. And just to show no hard feelings with anyone, first one to respond to me who needs a longer driver will get it for free.

Unfortunately, I don't think I qualify for a longer driver, as there are many who still use the starter one. However, if Wildcat or anyone else feels I really need to upgrade a certain part of my bag to get under 63, or feels generous enough as to donate some old equiptment, I definately wouldn't complain... I am ready to earn it, if it is necessary... Let me know.

• gobbog
    150 Posts
    Fri, Jun 10 2011 4:55 AM

seanobrien:
    Man I wished I'd shot the 56, so I could go for the fitting of my hat already

I think you're safe at 57, I have a feeling the cut will be around 59 maybe 58. But I'm usually wrong about these things!

Hope I'm right, I'm at 57. Don't feel like grinding out any more rounds to try to get lower.

gl!

RSS