Forums

Help › Forums

I refuse to watch or listen to ANY commercials!!!

Thu, Dec 7 2017 8:40 AM (25 replies)
  • SoCalJim23
    430 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2017 1:30 PM

It seems only FAIR.....that if WGT is going to put up 15 to 30 second commercials before every round and often times between the 9th and 10th holes......WE should all get FREE CREDITS.  Since, after all, WGT is making tons of revenues from those Advertisers.

So, even before every TV commercial is about to run when I play......I turn the sound OFF on my laptop and LOWER the screen so that I can NOT see any of the commercial.

When WGT decides to award me CREDITS for every TV AD they put up before my games......I'll go back to watching them again.

If enough of the MILIONS of WGT member did this......"maybe" WGT's advertisers will get the message?

• callaghan159
    6,313 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2017 1:51 PM

Try AD BLOCK--works for me

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2017 1:55 PM

SoCalJim23:
    So, even before every TV commercial is about to run when I play......I turn the sound OFF on my laptop and LOWER the screen so that I can NOT see any of the commercial.

Nothing like shooting yourself in the foot. LOL I haven't seen an ad in over 8 years. 

Adblock. Free and no brainer installation.  :-)

• SoCalJim23
    430 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2017 2:31 PM

Jim;

My guess about all this is.......maybe, it's because YOU are spending $$$ on new balls and I haven't spent a dime here on WGT in about 3 months.  I'm ONLY using "free WGT balls".....tired of pushing coins into the WGT slot machine.

If you want a good challenge.....trying playing ANY WGT course using those "free WGT balls"......playing with expensive NIKE balls makes a huge difference in how well you can play this game.

Jim

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2017 2:37 PM

SoCalJim23:
    My guess about all this is.

Bad guess. Just install Adblock and be done with the ads. Has nothing to do with what you spend or don't spend.

SoCalJim23:
    If you want a good challenge

I have a good challenge every time I tee off.

SoCalJim23:
    I haven't spent a dime here on WGT in about 3 months

LonnieScott has never spent a cent here and plays with the top equipment AND balls. Look him up.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2017 3:20 PM

SoCalJim23:

Since, after all, WGT is making tons of revenues from those Advertisers.

The Bad news is, it "doesn't matter" if you watch it or "don't watch", all the ad has to do is play on your PC and it counts as a "hit", your method has NO affect whatsoever...

SOOOO, if you really want to do something that a ton of players "already do", listen to Jim and install AdBlock, which does have some affect! LOL

• SoCalJim23
    430 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2017 3:28 PM

Hey.....MANY THANKS, Guys.....for the INFO.

I just installed AD BLOCKER for Windows 10 from the Microsoft Store.....for FREE and it's working great.I 

It seems like a few years ago....maybe before WGT sold this game site to TOP GOLF that they were saying IF you install an AD BLOCK program.......they would disable your site or somehow stop you from playing the game.  Because, I've always known about AD BLOCKER......just didn't think this WGT site would allow it.

The other thing (to you Jim)......I'd be very curious to know HOW any member can play WGT golf for FREE???  Surely, they aren't watching videos to earn free credits.  And, I almost always get disqualified from those surveys.  I looked at that player's Profile.....my stats are better than his and I have been buying credits to play for almost 4 yrs.  If he were to WIN several major WGT Tournaments and earn a lot of credits....that would make sense....but, I don't see any evidence of that on his Profile.  I just can't afford to keep buying credits here on WGT any longer.

Jim

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2017 3:30 PM

I have not seen add here in 8+ years AdBlock .   also only have $ 10 real dollars spent here ,  with all the free credits offered I have the clubs I want and have givven away much more over the years .

OPY

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2017 4:09 PM

SoCalJim23:

It seems like a few years ago....maybe before WGT sold this game site to TOP GOLF that they were saying IF you install an AD BLOCK program.......they would disable your site or somehow stop you from playing the game. 

I'd be very curious to know HOW any member can play WGT golf for FREE???  Surely, they aren't watching videos to earn free credits. 

Never been the case here at WGT, anyone can use adblock.

I spent $40 when I started playing again in 2013...then found out about surveys etc., figured out which ones to take and which ones to leave alone and haven't spent a dime since I spent $2 in July 2013...

I have all the best clubs, play with Nike balls, bought every upgrade along the way(some I used once and sold), and have a few hundred thousand credits in my account and have NEVER even come close to winning a major tournament LOL...all from surveys...

Plus I have bought $250 Amazon gift cards for 165,000 credits, so I not only play for free, I have made money!

May sound like a lot, but there are guys and Top Players who have Millions of credits, and have bought several gift cards, one recently bought some crazy number of gift cards recently, another is rumored to make a lot of money every month here...

It can be done fairly easy if you live in the USA, however neither of the 2 players mentioned do, they are just that good...

• justacowboy
    1,338 Posts
    Tue, Dec 5 2017 4:34 PM

fatdan:

SoCalJim23:

It seems like a few years ago....maybe before WGT sold this game site to TOP GOLF that they were saying IF you install an AD BLOCK program.......they would disable your site or somehow stop you from playing the game. 

I'd be very curious to know HOW any member can play WGT golf for FREE???  Surely, they aren't watching videos to earn free credits. 

Never been the case here at WGT, anyone can use adblock.

I spent $40 when I started playing again in 2013...then found out about surveys etc., figured out which ones to take and which ones to leave alone and haven't spent a dime since I spent $2 in July 2013...

I have all the best clubs, play with Nike balls, bought every upgrade along the way(some I used once and sold), and have a few hundred thousand credits in my account and have NEVER even come close to winning a major tournament LOL...all from surveys...

Plus I have bought $250 Amazon gift cards for 165,000 credits, so I not only play for free, I have made money!

May sound like a lot, but there are guys and Top Players who have Millions of credits, and have bought several gift cards, one recently bought some crazy number of gift cards recently, another is rumored to make a lot of money every month here...

It can be done fairly easy if you live in the USA, however neither of the 2 players mentioned do, they are just that good...

hmmmmm   BS   MAYBE ????

RSS