Forums

Help › Forums

Unlikely scores

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 25 2011 2:12 PM (50 replies)
  • iukine
    195 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2011 1:27 PM

Well put YJ, I'm in agreement with you.  Once again the question arises that poses another question ( that statement don't make much sense, does it!?). But the point I'm getting at is......... the difference between people who can spend more time on the site than others(and there are exceptions). I've played video games with my kids in the past and there is no way I can compare to what they can do!  That being said, I hate to say this, but, maybe we need more levels, now before everyone goes ape ***, think about it. How would WGT determine who is what and where on the level guage, how would they do that. More levels is not the answer, neither is singling out the players who kick butt. There's no way to do this! Someone got any suggestions? I'm out of ideas, don't know what to suggest!?

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2011 1:50 PM

Jedef:
    and for Snaike who's post was removed because of a tasteless picture I presume (see below)
    No.... sorry.. ~I~ removed that post.  There was no picture involved.

Yes, I wrote that line and a lot to go with it... the point was that I decided that I didn't want to get into another 'cheating' thread.

They are getting tiresome.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2011 1:54 PM

iukine:
    maybe we need more levels,

I believe you mean more Tiers..but the thing is, even if WGT had 30 Tiers, rather than the 6 now, it wouldn't make a difference in the 'Major" Tourney's.

Sure, it would tighten up Tier specific Tourneys, and just about eliminate Tourney SandBaggers, but at the end of the day -as it pertains to the Major Tourneys- it would make no difference at all, the best players on this site will be at the top, and we'll get sun burnt looking up at them :)

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2011 2:28 PM

iukine:

There's no way to do this! Someone got any suggestions? I'm out of ideas, don't know what to suggest!?

We all should just love that that we have, is this not enough and more?

Lizzie xx

• Jedef
    63 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2011 3:56 PM

For the record,   the multiplayer idea would not only be more sociable but would allow the shots , clubs used  and distances to be seen by others as well as the shot itself  . I'm sorry but I still find it difficult to believe that a player can consistantly calculate the perfect shot and  'hit the spot'  without any error of judgement  and with sufficient accuracy to  produce these scores regularly.  There are in my opinion just too many variables .

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2011 7:12 PM

Jedef:

For the record,   the multiplayer idea would not only be more sociable but would allow the shots , clubs used  and distances to be seen by others as well as the shot itself  . I'm sorry but I still find it difficult to believe that a player can consistantly calculate the perfect shot and  'hit the spot'  without any error of judgement  and with sufficient accuracy to  produce these scores regularly.  There are in my opinion just too many variables .

Well, I have to poop in your hat.

I (and 49 others) watched three of the best at WGT play MP on a live stream, we got see one of the best just the same way as he was playing, shot bar, meter movement, club selection, aim...everything....way more info that you would get playing against anyone.

Now this was MP, but set up as stroke, so the third person hosting the feed could join...but IIRC, 61/62 was posted as scores in this match (5K credit match by the way with 50 people looking in and jabbering about it), and my feeling the scores would have been lower had they been playing stroke play...

Why you ask?

Well, when one of the players just needed par to win the hole, there was no incentive to make a birdie...pitch/chip/putt up for a tap in since the hole was over (stroke play...no concede option).

Honestly, just because you can't, doesn't mean it not possible.

Just because the rest of your friends you talk with don't think it's possible, just means they can't do it either.

And...just because you are in some group of "x" amount of people who think it's not possible, really means you are in a group of people who are not able to do it.

plain

and 

simple

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2011 9:57 PM

sometimes people just have to man up and know their limitations on this game.

tbe

• Jedef
    63 Posts
    Wed, Jun 22 2011 11:24 PM

thebigeasy707:

sometimes people just have to man up and know their limitations on this game.

tbe

look people  , could we dispense with this  ' it's sour grapes ' attitude ?  I provoked this debate  mainly because I want the negative speculation to be untrue.   I'm merely voicing a widely held view that  'something is rotten in the state of Wgt'.

If there are streams that can be watched and these players really can produce the scores playing with the same clubs and balls that I and others do then surely it should be more widely promoted.  I and I'm sure many others would love to see it being done. It would give players more incentive to perservere with the game after reaching the top tiers knowing that theses scores really can be achieved.

I have tried to be constructive in all my posts and have learned more from them than from all the ' dark mutterings' , so please  refrain from 'slagging ' them off.  I am a WGT agnostic  not an atheist..

I mean , Is it so unusual to be sceptical when you play a game for more than a year , get to the highest tier and buy all the best gear and play everyday and still not see how it can be done ?.  When you enter a CTTH comp and the score is 42 or something for 9 holes, or a course that has just opened produces a score of 54 within 2 days ?  . I say again, come on boys !  try to see it from the average players standpoint and resist the urge to mock.

Surely it would be a good thing to dispel these YouTube fueled doubts once and for all instead of resorting to this bunker mentality everytime the issue is raised.

I rest my case.  Good golfing to you all  and thanks for the feedback.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2011 2:17 AM

Jedef:

I'm sorry but I still find it difficult to believe that a player can consistantly calculate the perfect shot and  'hit the spot'  without any error of judgement  and with sufficient accuracy to  produce these scores regularly.  There are in my opinion just too many variables .

You seem to be under the impression that in order to shoot a sub 60 round, every shot has to be perfect? The fact of the matter is that the perfect round rarely happens.

You do not have to hit the excellent line to produce an excellent shot. As long as you are within a couple of pixels of it the result can be an approach inside 15 feet. From that distance there are a huge numbers of players who are very proficient at putting. Inside 10 feet even the bad putts can drop. Very often in these rounds it is getting away with the poor shots you hit that make the difference.

• suncity28
    1,266 Posts
    Thu, Jun 23 2011 2:30 AM

Jedef:
    If there are streams that can be watched and these players really can produce the scores playing with the same clubs and balls that I and others do then surely it should be more widely promoted.

There have been a large amount of these games played & has been live for players to watch (recent live game was around 2 - 3 weeks ago)

Can not remember the link to the saved broadcasting of these matches if I remember  ill post the link later 

RSS