Help › Forums

Unlikely scores

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jun 25 2011 2:12 PM (50 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2011 10:13 AM

misterdubya:
    I am convinced that no amount of practice would make consistently scoring in the mid 50s in this game remotely likely

This might be getting blown out of proportion. Those scores aren't consistently shot, they're what it takes to win and as a result what you see on the leaderboards are those 50s. Don't factor unlimiteds in there , look at the single play scores-more low 60s than high 50s.

• TracyMax
    2,361 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2011 10:45 AM

YankeeJim:

misterdubya:
    I am convinced that no amount of practice would make consistently scoring in the mid 50s in this game remotely likely

This might be getting blown out of proportion. Those scores aren't consistently shot, they're what it takes to win and as a result what you see on the leaderboards are those 50s. Don't factor unlimiteds in there , look at the single play scores-more low 60s than high 50s.

But the scores are not really "realistic", though I know this is a game, how many scores do you see posted in the PCA or LPGA in the 50's?? None that I recall .

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2011 11:03 AM

TracyMax:

YankeeJim:

misterdubya:

But the scores are not really "realistic", though I know this is a game, how many scores do you see posted in the PCA or LPGA in the 50's?? None that I recall .

• Al Geiberger: 1977 Memphis Classic (29-30), Colonial Country Club (par 72)

• Chip Beck: 1991 Las Vegas Invitational (30-29), Sunrise Golf Club (par 72)

• David Duval: 1999 Bob Hope Chrysler Classic (31-28), PGA West (Palmer Course) (par 72)

• Paul Goydos: 2010 John Deere Classic (31-28), TPC Deere Run (par 71)

• Stuart Appleby: 2010 Greenbrier Classic (28-31), The Old White Course (par 70)

Annika Sorenstam, Moon Valley Country Club 59

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2011 11:42 AM

Ask and ye shall receive.  :-)

Nice blog, too, B.

• iukine
    195 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2011 11:45 AM

Bollox, those scores are occasionally done, not everytime they go out! My question is this.... how do you guys deal with the VEM? Or does it not affect you for some reason? That damn thing gets me 2 or 3 times a game, sometimes in a row. How do you get around that? Sometimes I can get around it and sometimes I can ding the meter when it skips, but not all the time. whats your take on this, cause I could use your help on this. I've done pretty much all the cures that have been posted on here, and to no avail! I know I've lost a few tourneys from this. Anyone who's got any info on this issue would be helping out alot if they would tell me the way around this problem.

Aloha to all.

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2011 1:39 PM

misterdubya:

TBE, your simplistic reasoning completely misses my point. Of course, nothing is impossible. But when the improbability gets extremely high it raises legitimate questions. I am convinced that no amount of practice would make consistently scoring in the mid 50s in this game remotely likely. To say that its "black and white, no grey area" is a particularly weak argument that doesnt answer my concerns. You're gonna have to come up with something better than that. 

WW

the difference between us on here is that I choose to let my golf clubs do the talking...that way I will improve further so that my 57 on Royal St Georges (which was a stroll if I'm to be honest)  may be a 54 or less if I have to seriously go for it.

maybe you should practise more too and all the others who struggle to comprehend players who have played this game for years so much so that they know where and how to hit or putt the ball and can turn out impressive scores.

anyways....i'm done with this thread and others like it because they are nonsensical, cover nothing new and seem to be started generally by folks who are either new to the game or simply do not practise enough to be honest.

tbe

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Fri, Jun 24 2011 3:28 PM

Jedef you make some valid points that would be worth of serious discussion - that is not going to happen. ;)

It is a game after all, and it is just that really. We must accept that some people just have more inclination to things such as these, that's all.

For example I sometimes get frustrated by my own game with my inability to play consistently, and then I think that I probably will never play consistently because I haven't got hours and hours everyday to practice and play as I have a family and a job to care for.  

If most players score 50 or 39 over an 18 round, good, I don't think they are cheats nor I admire them, they just can do that.

Get my point?

Of course some players that score in that range will get offended by comments of cheating etc., this is because they are proud of that and become protective of their achievements on this game, I understand that, it is in the gamers personality.

I am in a CC, for example, and I have seen a player going from hack to very low average TM scoring amazing rounds in 2 and half months. I don't know how long I have been here but even in another 3 years I would not be able to score those rounds. I find that amazing. But of course this person is not cheating, he is just gifted.

• Jedef
    63 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2011 1:37 AM

Thanks Sanco   I think you're right  it's not going to happen but the points have at least been aired.  I was to a certain extent playing the devil's advocate as I'm  of the same mind as you and don't spend all my life on here and you never know something might come of it..  MP tourny's would be good . maybe they could do both types.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2011 5:29 AM

BolloxInBruges:

• Stuart Appleby: 2010 Greenbrier Classic (28-31), The Old White Course (par 70)

Annika Sorenstam, Moon Valley Country Club 59

please show when they repeated their performance, and also show me when they repeated their performance on the next dad

LOL

• Sanco
    1,345 Posts
    Sat, Jun 25 2011 1:48 PM

Unfortunately nothing much good will come of threads like these Jedef, bar some general witch hunting on your persona for being honest and uncompromising (and crap at the game of course) - and you'd think you'd be entitled to your opinion in an open forum ...  :^))

You put your points across well and in a respectful manner, and that gave some food for thought to all those that keep an open mind, it's all you can ever do.

And, oh yes MP tournies "Single Play" would be a good addition, agreed. But that is a topic for another diatribe...

Regards

Sanco

RSS