Forums

Help › Forums

How about to play WGT in Real Golf Courses?

Sat, May 12 2018 11:53 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JHHAP
    5 Posts
    Tue, May 8 2018 4:46 AM

Hello players, I am wondering about how good will be to play this game in a real golf course? Without golf clubs or golf balls. Just as we play now in wgt but walking by the golf course.

With a tablet and a very small software change we will play walking after the ball for the next shot as in real golf.

I think it would be very fun.

We could play many more players per hole, because there would be no danger of a ball hitting you, it would also be accessible to people who can not play and the green fees would be much cheaper.

The golf courses would have more customers and this sport would be encouraged.

I would love to know your opinion and comments or ideas about it.

Greetings and enjoy this magnificent game.

JHH

• giraldin
    3,712 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2018 12:53 PM

Einnnnn !!!!!!!

• blindpugh
    433 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2018 2:32 PM

And I could turn up in my little virtual ice cream truck and not sell you anything

\@@/

• Dave33200
    2,955 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2018 4:31 PM

I'll drive the beer cart. 

• Chrynch
    568 Posts
    Wed, May 9 2018 4:43 PM

Stupid. You think a real golf course is going to let guys walk around their course and get in the way of real golfers who paid real money to play? The average golf course charges over $50.00 per player to play their golf course. The courses on WGT charge much more (Closer to $300 per player). The only courses looking for more customers are the low end municiple courses. Nothing like what you see on WGT. Keep thinking of new ideas, because this one is ridicules and does not reflect anything in the real world of golf.

• alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2018 12:40 AM

It's possible in St.Andrews on Sundays, when golf play is halted on the Old Course and it's reserved to the public for strolls etc. But, mobile WGT would spoil the walk IMHO, and it might be a better idea to play golf on the adjactant New or Jubilee Courses - with clubs!

BTW, they have a particular pin erected at the side of the 18th green for photos, and Swilcan Bridge is open to ev1!

• JHHAP
    5 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2018 1:21 AM

lol....sounds strange? You did´nt cach the idea?

• JHHAP
    5 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2018 1:22 AM

Thanks for your answer. There are many ways to develop this form of play, there will be clubs that agree and organize how to do it and others that do not, but the question would be if it is a good idea, if it would be fun.

I personally would love to spend a morning with friends playing the WGT in this way. Sure, there should be a virtualized field nearby ... we'll see.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2018 3:35 AM
    Bit like that Pokemon go game my lad plays. They could call it Wgt Go. Good idea for a golf app game. The only problem is when i play real golf there would be loads of kids wandering around the fairways.
  • alosso
    21,056 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2018 7:41 AM

+1

They say texting or reading the smartphone on the streets is dangerous - imagine to be in golf shots crossfire...

• PAGES
RSS