Forums

Help › Forums

How about to play WGT in Real Golf Courses?

Sat, May 12 2018 11:53 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • pmm711
    5,641 Posts
    Thu, May 10 2018 11:48 AM

Do you mind if we play through?

• JHHAP
    5 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2018 1:45 AM
    Chrynch:

Stupid. You think a real golf course is going to let guys walk around their course and get in the way of real golfers who paid real money to play? The average golf course charges over $50.00 per player to play their golf course. The courses on WGT charge much more (Closer to $300 per player). The only courses looking for more customers are the low end municiple courses. Nothing like what you see on WGT. Keep thinking of new ideas, because this one is ridicules and does not reflect anything in the real world of golf.

Thanks for your comments. There are many ways of develop this idea. In this mode golf courses will receive money too. If you make simple numbers will find that in fact they will receive much more incomes. The point is too see the way to implement, maybe few hours dayly some days for the start. Maybe the fact right now is if it will be fun or not.
  • hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2018 4:05 AM

alosso:

+1

They say texting or reading the smartphone on the streets is dangerous - imagine to be in golf shots crossfire...

Natural selection?   ;-)

• Chrynch
    568 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2018 9:35 AM

Players on WGT constantly complain about the price of balls to play this game. Are you or other players willing to pay $50-$300 to walk around a golf course with only a tablet in your hand? The real golf courses I play won't let players go out unless they each have their own set of clubs. If you don't have clubs you must rent them from the pro shop. You might be able to walk around a vacant field and pretend that you are on a real golf course, but you will never get a real golf course to allow what you are proposing. Sorry.

• pmm711
    5,641 Posts
    Fri, May 11 2018 10:09 AM

The idea to play virtually while walking a golf course is ludicrous.  Just think of all the lost virtual balls that would be out there.  ;-/

Now...if I could play the same weekly televised pro tourney virtually while watching from my couch...there's something that would make my viewing more enjoyable...and more productive.  Well "productive" might not be the right word.  Just put a transponder in the flagstick so we'd have the realtime hole coordinates. I'm sure some ArcGIS and Esri developers could make this work.  There's a game I'd play. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,302 Posts
    Sat, May 12 2018 11:53 AM

I am sure golf courses would be fine if you paid the green fees and then walked the course - as long as you don't hold up play.  Wear a hard hat instead of your usual golf cap.

I don't think they would take WGT coins or credits for payment, though.

• PAGES
RSS