Forums

Help › Forums

sub 60 round

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jul 28 2011 2:14 PM (24 replies)
  • Kalliste
    1,414 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 10:14 AM

I am now a believer!  Just shot a 60 and lipped out on 2 holes. All the posts I read about cheaters etc well...enough is enough. I made Legend a while back and yes it was tough learning the new angles and landing zones from the back (black) tee and it was tough also having to relearn the mid iron approach shots instead of a wedge to the green (oooh those were the days  lol) but the fun you get from being a Legend and still be able to shoot good scores is immense. I am currently 65.76 average and by no means do I call myself a great player but this is a game...a very fun game. Frustrating at times but it brings you back the next day for more!

Back to believing...I know now that those seemingly impossible rounds scored in the 50`s ARE possible to achieve. No `cheats` out there, just very very good players and I commend them on their skill.  One day just one day, I hope to break 60, so wish me luck please!......lol

• Dianne81
    773 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 12:48 PM

Great attitude !!!   Goodluck!!!!

• bluechew
    15 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 1:02 PM

I have been a legend for about 3 months i guess, i have 1 round in the 50s& some low 60s on a regular bases. I still don,t know how some of these players are able too shoot low 50s on a regular bases. I firmly beleave there is more too just skill players shooting that low all the time. Hate me if you will but i don,t think these players are doing it alone. Thats just 1 mans opion but i stick to my convictions & i am a show me kind of guy.I have been a member for 14 months play as much as i can,so until someone can show me day in & day out there doing this alone i am a non beleiver sorry.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 1:09 PM

congrats (Legend)   well said i am also a believer  :) keep playing well.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 1:10 PM

I've been on this site since september 2010 and recently made legend. I thought i'd never break 60. Shot 60 a few times but always feeling like i left a few out there. But then a couple of days ago i finally did it. Shot 58 on bethpage! I never thought i'd get my 1st sub 60 on bethpage as it's certainly not my favorite course.

Now to try getting another sub 60. Nearly done it on Congressional last night just needing a par on the last for a 59 but got nervous, clicked too early on my approach and hooked it in the water and ended with 60. Oh well must try harder.

Keep going and your 50 something will be just around the corner. Good luck!!!

Dazza

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 2:52 PM

Kalliste:

I am now a believer!  Just shot a 60 and lipped out on 2 holes. All the posts I read about cheaters etc well...enough is enough. I made Legend a while back and yes it was tough learning the new angles and landing zones from the back (black) tee and it was tough also having to relearn the mid iron approach shots instead of a wedge to the green (oooh those were the days  lol) but the fun you get from being a Legend and still be able to shoot good scores is immense. I am currently 65.76 average and by no means do I call myself a great player but this is a game...a very fun game. Frustrating at times but it brings you back the next day for more!

Back to believing...I know now that those seemingly impossible rounds scored in the 50`s ARE possible to achieve. No `cheats` out there, just very very good players and I commend them on their skill.  One day just one day, I hope to break 60, so wish me luck please!......lol

Hey Kalliste....

Have a go round the Cadillac Ketel comp in the weekly tourneys round Kiawah and see if you can shoot a 57 or so. It's off the white tees. Played it once and shot -15...and I'm no great shake.

tbe

• LuisCraveiro
    749 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 6:19 PM

Congrats and good luck :D

• Yoda79
    697 Posts
    Fri, Jul 22 2011 7:22 PM

Congratulations Kalliste. Well done. I'm still a Tour Master but I do remember my first 58 I shot. And I'm in no ways a super star of WGT. Nor do I cheat. All it boils down to is practice and consistency. And when you hit a bad shot, first you recover from it nicely and then learn from that mistake so you don't do it again. I am actually looking forward to making legend and having fun (and being frustrated all at the same time) in learning the game all over again. So congratulations once more in shooting 60. Keep at it and I'm sure you will get that 50 something score very soon.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 3:10 AM

Kalliste:
    Just shot a 60 and lipped out on 2 holes

cheat....

congrats

• Kalliste
    1,414 Posts
    Sat, Jul 23 2011 3:54 PM

bluechew:

I have been a legend for about 3 months i guess, i have 1 round in the 50s& some low 60s on a regular bases. I still don,t know how some of these players are able too shoot low 50s on a regular bases. I firmly beleave there is more too just skill players shooting that low all the time. Hate me if you will but i don,t think these players are doing it alone. Thats just 1 mans opion but i stick to my convictions & i am a show me kind of guy.I have been a member for 14 months play as much as i can,so until someone can show me day in & day out there doing this alone i am a non beleiver sorry.

Yes Bluechew... maybe something in what you say from some of the scores I do read about but without proof we have to believe the scores were legit but the believing bit in my 1st post was really about me...I was getting a little frustrated as I used the Raptures V2`s to get to Legend and once there I had to upgrade to `better` clubs but I was having trouble with the faster meter and the G10 irons with their `higher` trajectory. I was unable to combat the wind effect as they fly so high. However I stuck at it and eventually got used to them. Now I have the new Burner 2.0 irons...even faster meter and wow, they are something else! I love them...if you can get near the ding....lol....also have the CG16 wedges now too so I am back in love with the game!

Again that "now I believe" bit is really me thinking to myself "yes, I believe I can and will shoot in the 50`s" one day soon.

Also thanks to everyone that has replied to my post (which was my first attempt, haha). Have met some truly good people whilst playing ...thanks to them also!

Kalliste.

RSS