Help › Forums

Putting Tip: Distance Control

Mon, Jan 2 2023 5:14 PM (1,173 replies)
  • ctidcarl
    5 Posts
    Fri, Nov 11 2011 7:43 AM

SGTBilko:

FuzzyBallz:
    when finished you will now have a scale to go by, if you set it to lowest setting you should have marks for the range in feet / as example if you had a putter that 25 was lowest marks would be / 0, 3 feet, 6 feet, 9 feet, 12 feet, 15 feet, 18 feet, 21 feet, and full power 25 feet.

You mean this. I have used it ever since I have been here but this one is actually an older version. The current one I use is 15, 30, and 60. I have them for Redwood and Daytona putter. If anyone wants a copy just let me know it is in MS Excel

ctidcarl@hotmail.co.uk

Need to try something to help my putting, I'm going through the levels due to consecutive days play and accruing points.

However, my putting hasn't improved much within the 5 months I have been playing

• dmoore5000
    1 Posts
    Mon, Nov 14 2011 6:43 PM

TWO THUMBS UP EVEN IN 2011.

• speedking550
    1 Posts
    Tue, Nov 15 2011 7:26 AM

If its not a problem can you please send me a copy to speedking550@yahoo.com Thanks

• gbarto
    141 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2011 3:06 PM

This putting advice is invaluable!!!! ....did not know anything at all about the putting swing meter and how it is divided into 5 seperate movements back,so you can gauge distance accurately on all puts!!!!  This one peice of advice immediately improved my scores. and for the first time began sinking some long 20 ft. plus putts!!!!  Also other great advice throughout the article.  Thank you Nivlac who ever you are !!!  you have made WGT much more enjoyable to play!!!!   I will read all your posts in the future.

• gbarto
    141 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2011 4:31 PM

Agree totally.  with the irons and driver I understand but with the putter,ESPECIALLY on short or medium length putts,there should be a fair amount of"give" or leeway as there is in the real game of putting.Hopefully these comments will be read by by someone who could fix this issue.

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2011 7:03 AM

Thankyou so much for your tutorial. You will never know how much it has helped. Your tip on the distance on each movement of the club head has been invaluable. Have found out it also works on other clubs as well which has been a bonus. It shows that you are not worried about competition, in fact I think you probably relish in it. Thankyou. MEL1950.

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2011 3:40 PM

mfjchamberlain@hotmail.com.

Hi SGTBILKO.

Read your entries with interest and saw your meter card. I would be grateful if you could e-mail me one for the Daytona. I have tried making one before but could not get the measurements right. I'me useless at thingslikethat.   (As i am with my putting. LOL)     Thanks in advance. MEL1950                                                      

• gbarto
    141 Posts
    Sun, Nov 20 2011 1:10 PM

excellent short game advice!!! thank you.

• gbarto
    141 Posts
    Sun, Nov 20 2011 5:45 PM

good post.  been looking for some guidance on green speed conversion/caculation ratios.     all to be taken with  a grain of salt.  only way to be sure is to actually play the course.  thanks again.

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Mon, Nov 21 2011 7:21 AM

SGTBilko:

TheLonewolf01:

Hi,

I got this info from another of our club members, I found it helpful and hope you do to :

Get yourself a roll of masking tape and cut a bit off, the length of the power bar. Cut 1/3 off it length wise just so it's nice and narrow. Now mark lines on the top at 1/4, 1/2 and 3/4 length. Then on the bottom mark 1/3 and 2/3 along.

Stick that on your monitor just under the power bar. Your putting especially will massively improve now you can see where e.g. 10 and 20 feet are exactly on a 30 foot bar. 

---

With putting in general, if you're going down hill, add extra bend for curved putts.

Also, as a basic guide add on a foot for each inch up hill and take off a bit more than a foot per inch down hill. You can do roughly the same for wind on long iron shots (1mph to 1 yard).

Or you can send me your email and I will send you this below. Nothing fancy I have one for the Daytona, Redwood and Ghost putter. Absolutely free to anyone that asks. as for your basic guide of adding and subtracting, you are correct in theory but this has to be based upon your level. I can tell you as a legend I quickly learned that theory does not hold water at all. The key is the less you have to raise the meter bar the more likely you are to hit your mark. I personally prefer the early/late method and rarely move the marker.

mfjchamberlain@hotmail.com.

Hi SGTBILKO.

Read your entries with interest and saw your meter card. I would be grateful if you could e-mail me one for the Daytona. I have tried making one before but could not get the measurements right. I'me useless at thingslikethat.   (As i am with my putting. LOL)     Thanks in advance. MEL1950  

RSS