Wed, Jul 27 2011 8:04 AM

SgtDoodles:
    Here's a long chip:

Haha :D

• SweetiePie91
    269 Posts
    Wed, Jul 27 2011 8:09 AM

YankeeJim:
    My point exactly. It works for all shots if you know how they act and you know that by doing it, not trusting a rating or spec.

Ok this is my last post to you in this thread because you seem to be the kind of guy that just GOTTA have the last word on everything..

I got the answer from a post earlier that told me the lengths came from me shooting from fairway to fairway, not fairway to green. That is the kind of answer I want, not that I should just accept everything as it is even if the lengths are not correct.

• dacrash
    475 Posts
    Wed, Jul 27 2011 9:06 AM

Hi,

Have you tried counting number of movements the club makes on backswing? Divide club distance/number of movements= length for each movement of the club.

This allows you to not have to use the meter to estimate 90% or whatever the shot requires.

It could be that when you us the meter to estimate percentage of power you are at the point when the length of backswing changes distances.

It is just like putting, but if you know how far each movement of the backswing is, you can come reasonably close to the distance you want.

Hope this is new info and it helps, if not, sorry.  You can read the putting tips and apply the advice to most of your other clubs.

Good luck and have fun, that's what it is all about.

dacrash

• PRIESTESS
    10,716 Posts
    Wed, Jul 27 2011 10:33 AM

SweetiePie91:
    But I still don't get why a 21 yard wedge will go further than 21 yard when I hit it 90%. the 90% was just an example btw to show that when I hit it with LESS than full power it goes further than it says it should WITH full power.

On chips you need to know roughly where the ball will land and then how much the ball will release to the hole, this will depend upon your own knowledge of that particular green,,The shot may say uphill but that might only be the first 3 or 4 yards, so that shot might play much quicker than it indicates,So in short it all depends on your green knowledge and hindsight on how that shot is going to roll after you hit it,

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Wed, Jul 27 2011 11:39 AM

The inconsistent chipping/pitching/flopping drove me nuts. I use my TM Z Satin 64° with full shot for everything around the green. It is extremely consistent. I know how far each shot will go with each movement of the avatar from 3 yrds up to 50+ depending on wind, lie, etc...

It took no more than an hour or so on a practice round to map it out. After a few rounds with different lies you'll have it dialed in. I've had 4 or 5 people message me after giving this same advice to others in the forums thanking me for the tip.

Give it a try. It may work for you too.

replay.aspx?ID=42969489 be42 4f2f 9cc6 9f2d0141a38d

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Wed, Jul 27 2011 1:27 PM

SweetiePie91:

It didn't explain why a chip goes further than it should with those conditions I wrote in my first post. 

did you read the part about using full backspin every time

• SweetiePie91
    269 Posts
    Thu, Jul 28 2011 7:28 AM

SGTBilko:
    did you read the part about using full backspin every time

Yes.. I read everything! But thanks to fuzzyballz I think I will do better now in future :)

RSS