Help › Forums

flush your cache

rated by 0 users
Fri, Aug 5 2011 3:22 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • broosthemooos
    9 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2011 10:53 AM

What does this frigging mean. Today i have tried to play match play and everytime i play someone i always get timed out and disconected my pop up blo0cker is turned off but alows wgt but makes no difference i seam to get timed out or dissconected for no aparent reason. i have spent alot of money on upgrading clubs etc but is their any point in playing if this happens????????????? i dont think so. So please anybody can you tell me what flush your cache mean and why do i get timed out virtually all the time so ANOYING

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2011 11:03 AM

All those helpful FAQ's over there but nobody bothers to read them. ------------->>>

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2011 11:41 AM

If you mean browser cache you'll have to look up how to do it depending on which you're using.

Clearing the flash cache is important aftrer buying new gear and can be done here.  Click on delete all sites and it will be cleared. 

Good luck.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2011 1:39 PM

A word on that link from MainzMan, broos-when you do that it also resets your game settings so expect to have to reset them. (In the game menu under options.)

What browser are you using? 

• broosthemooos
    9 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2011 3:14 PM

i have tried firefox and google chrome. Regarding Mainzmans comments as long as i dont loose my credits or need to start from scratch ill give it a go

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2011 7:09 PM

broosthemooos:

i have tried firefox and google chrome. Regarding Mainzmans comments as long as i dont loose my credits or need to start from scratch ill give it a go

Clearing your cache files has absolutely nothing to do with any information you have with WGT or any credits you get or buy. It's all game related stuff that sometimes gets messed up. It also has info about your equipment that sometimes can get messed up too. Not your fault, just the way it happens. When you clear everything out you get new files when you play. This might cause a slight delay the first time you get those files but not a long one. It's always a good place to start when you run into problems.

• bearclaw27
    553 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2011 7:35 PM

YankeeJim:

A word on that link from MainzMan, broos-when you do that it also resets your game settings so expect to have to reset them. (In the game menu under options.)

FYI...You don't lose your game settings if you delete all the entries individually in your adobe cache except the media5.wgt.com entry...

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2011 8:16 PM

bearclaw27:

FYI...You don't lose your game settings if you delete all the entries individually in your adobe cache except the media5.wgt.com entry...

But wouldn't that be counter-productive if you need to flush the wgt files?

;)

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Tue, Aug 2 2011 8:39 PM

PugsAce:
    But wouldn't that be counter-productive if you need to flush the wgt files?

One should never have to clear ones cache.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Aug 3 2011 4:41 AM

Infinito3010:
    One should never have to clear ones cache.

And files should never get corrupted but they do. 

Not clearing WGT.com totally defeats the purpose of clearing your cache. 

• PAGES
RSS