Bump

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 2:00 PM
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 2:15 PM

lee22sharon:
    but this issue of mio is beyond my comprehension how any member of WGT, let alone some of the most intelligent persons, fight for mercy for an individual who so blantly violated the rules that govern the behaviour of the WGT membership.

Lee-I don't believe it's as much about rules violations as it is the "Eisenhowerish" penalty, if you will. There are guys rotting in jail for marijuana laws they violated during a time when it was deemed to be that volatile of a drug. Heh, it's legal in some states now but those guys are still there. That hardly seems just.

I doubt Mio's a drug dealer but his offense and subsequent penalty for it do kinda outweigh the circumstances. Besides, do you think this guy's a threat ,still, or do you suppose he would be a model citizen as a result? I don't know if rehabilitated applies here but something like that.

Your stance is valid and very clear. IMO, there's just times when right is right and WGT's acquiescence here would probably be prudent. After all, they still have the hammer.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 2:31 PM

YankeeJim:

lee22sharon:
    but this issue of mio is beyond my comprehension how any member of WGT, let alone some of the most intelligent persons, fight for mercy for an individual who so blantly violated the rules that govern the behaviour of the WGT membership.

Lee-I don't believe it's as much about rules violations as it is the "Eisenhowerish" penalty, if you will. There are guys rotting in jail for marijuana laws they violated during a time when it was deemed to be that volatile of a drug. Heh, it's legal in some states now but those guys are still there. That hardly seems just.

I doubt Mio's a drug dealer but his offense and subsequent penalty for it do kinda outweigh the circumstances. Besides, do you think this guy's a threat ,still, or do you suppose he would be a model citizen as a result? I don't know if rehabilitated applies here but something like that.

Your stance is valid and very clear. IMO, there's just times when right is right and WGT's acquiescence here would probably be prudent. After all, they still have the hammer.

where did you read on my entries, that WGT was right?  what i have been saying is it is thier "right" to do as they did.  i have not said that i agree with what they did or if the punishment was equal to the "crime".  as you infer many times JUSTICE can be deaf, dumb, blind and without mercy.  he did wrong, they punished him, and well within thier provance to do so.  thats my point.  that is what freedom really means.  not what you are all yelling about.  that is destructive to the freedom this country is noted for.  again my nickel.

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 2:32 PM

lee22sharon:
    in a soceity of free enterprize, that can operate as it wishes, within the law and its own guildlines, for a profit, and not be held captive by only a few naysayers who are demanding that to which they are not entitiled.  this is counter productive to private enterprize and can not be condoned.

Listening to your customers is counter productive to free enterprise?

I wonder whether Nike is still paying Indian children a dollar a day to stitch footballs by hand.

WGT listened pretty hard when people wanted RG payouts reverted back to their original format.

Your reasoning is askew.

FREE MIO.

• PRIESTESS
    10,716 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 2:33 PM

andyson:
    Too funny Andy

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 2:41 PM

hacksaw5:

AGAINST MIO                         FOR MIO

LEE                                        EVERYBODY ELSE

SHARON

WGT

*isn't this a bit ridiculous?

as lizzie is want to demonstrate in her entrys in support of mio,  WGT was wrong.  sorry to disappoint the delusional but that simply is not the case.  i waited for WGT to jump in and defend thier position, but it was not forth comeing, so i decided that the issue at hand needed a differant prospective viewpoint.  i am it! alone or ?  do you follow blindly or are you blindly led?  i chose to be an individual you can make choices of who to align myself with by reviewing the known issues and choose wisely.  others obviously go blindly heather and yon exspousing beliefs of others and not thier own.  my nickel again.  ps:  it is always easier to follow the loudest voice than to be a voice of calm reason.

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 2:45 PM

There is a conspicuous absence of any comment from WGT on this thread.

The initial problem was Mio going on a singular campaign to oust sandbaggers and cheaters. And, yes, despite warnings his vociferous approach and his naming of names rightly led to a ban. 

For Mio to be reinstated I suspect he would have to promise to obey the rules that WGT set out in the terms and conditions. Being a dear WGT friend of his, and playing him almost every day, I am not sure whether he will hold his tongue.

There is a further issue. I fear the initial disagreements have become altogether more personal. Icon and Mio are far from bossum buddies. Icon has the power to keep Mio from these forums and worse. Whether by continuing to do so Icon is abusing his position is a personal opinion. On the other hand, it could be argued that Icon is just doing his job, and therefore doesn't deserve to be verbally attacked by any members while he is doing it.

I guess it's Icon's call.

• WigerToods2010
    8,446 Posts
    Thu, Aug 4 2011 3:08 PM

.... and we aint talking burgers btw!

RSS