Forums

Help › Forums

with all due respect...

Mon, Oct 28 2019 4:02 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • drillboss
    33 Posts
    Mon, Oct 21 2019 2:57 PM

If this version ( a knock of the cell phone version) is the best we can get, then I for one will be very disappointed

Why cannot the graphics mimic the current look of the PC version?

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Oct 21 2019 3:57 PM

The graphics are fantastic on my new monitor. Its a totally different game and its going to take a little time to get used to it.

We got a year, thank you WGT

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Oct 24 2019 6:58 AM

DonCaron:

its going to take a little time to get used to it.

We got a year, thank you WGT

Plus, they have that year to hear the community's complaints feedback to make adjustments. ;-)

I look at it this way.  If WGT went away completely when Flash goes away, I'd be crushed and would have to find a new game to play.  This new version is knowing the new game I'd have to find is already there and I already "kind of' know how to play it and don't have to start over from scratch.  ;-)

Biggest problem for me is,  I like to play at work during slow times (any time I can get away with it tbh lol) but I can't download it on the work computer without admin rights.  :(

• ScottHope
    10,308 Posts
    Thu, Oct 24 2019 7:14 AM

hpurey:
    ...but I can't download it on the work computer without admin rights.  :(
    Have you got anything with which you can blackmail someone in the IT department?

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Oct 24 2019 8:07 AM

drillboss:
    Why cannot the graphics mimic the current look of the PC version?

I think that’s the best we’re gonna be given, all but for a bit of tweaking here and there, the game is heading eventually towards the mobile appearance, to be honest 

it doesn’t matter how wonderful the graphics look on a new monitor or even a decent gaming P.C, it’s still going to resemble the mobile version in some shape or form eventually.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 24 2019 8:40 AM

hpurey:
    Biggest problem for me is,  I like to play at work during slow times (any time I can get away with it tbh lol) but I can't download it on the work computer without admin rights. 

What about putting it on a flash drive?

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Oct 24 2019 10:19 AM

ScottHope:

hpurey:
    ...but I can't download it on the work computer without admin rights.  :(
    Have you got anything with which you can blackmail someone in the IT department?

LOL  no :(

YankeeJim:

hpurey:
    Biggest problem for me is,  I like to play at work during slow times (any time I can get away with it tbh lol) but I can't download it on the work computer without admin rights. 

What about putting it on a flash drive?

I've been thinking of trying that, just keep forgetting when I get home. 

**Edit,  remembered I have a flash drive in my work computer for saving non work related I mean WGT stuff.  LOL  I'll try that now......

.... Nope, got a pop up window saying it needs to be on a local hard drive.  But  i just found online something about making apps portable so I can maybe install on a usb drive afterall.  I will try that at home and see what happens tomorrow.  

• BOZskills
    407 Posts
    Thu, Oct 24 2019 2:43 PM

H,please don't slam me for this but maybe a tablet for work. Since its similar to the mobile version anyway? Hope you "work" it out anyway,gl.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Oct 25 2019 5:50 AM

BOZskills:

H,please don't slam me for this but maybe a tablet for work. Since its similar to the mobile version anyway? Hope you "work" it out anyway,gl.

LOL  no slamming.  :)  Was a valid idea really.  but.....

I got it to "work"!   Didn't need any additional apps/programs either.  Just went home and took the entire folder for the new WGT launcher and saved it to a flash drive.  Stuck it in my work PC a few minutes ago and was able to launch from there.  Woot!

Someone at work actually gave me the two yellow Truvis stress balls without a clue to me and "yellow".  LOL

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 25 2019 8:56 AM

hpurey:
    I got it to "work"!   Didn't need any additional apps/programs either.  Just went home and took the entire folder for the new WGT launcher and saved it to a flash drive.  Stuck it in my work PC a few minutes ago and was able to launch from there.  Woot!

Does the game actually install on your work computer or do you just play from the flash drive?

• PAGES
RSS