650 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 2:37 PM

luckysump:
    It gets Worse.

:)

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 4:02 PM

Put some of your prettiest dangling earrings in the holes.  It will stop the leaking and make your opponents wonder what the heck has Lizzie got herself into now.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 4:51 PM

Well I would, but anyone in England would immediately assume I lived to Totnes.

Lizzie xx

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 4:58 PM

LizzieRossetti:

Totnes.

For us Yanks: Totnes: "Today, the town, with its population of 7,444,is a thriving centre for music, art, theatre and natural health. It has a sizeable alternative and "New Age" community, and is known as a place where one can live a bohemian lifestyle."

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 5:13 PM

andyson:
    For us Yanks: Totnes: "Today, the town, with its population of 7,444,is a thriving centre for music, art, theatre and natural health. It has a sizeable alternative and "New Age" community, and is known as a place where one can live a bohemian lifestyle."

OR;

Strange magic stranded on a beach with playboy models.

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 5:53 PM

What he said ^^^^^^^...way better than having some nasty thing stuck in your teeth.:-))

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 6:03 PM

Lizzie,

I find that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of bacon...or something like that. Anyway, if you eat your apples with a spoon, and of the sauce variety, teeth are neither needed, or a potential target for the rogue piece of peel to launch an attack between.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 6:37 PM

Lol all !

I like Totnes being described as Bohemian, I might even consider buying some of it if that were true, but reality dictates otherwise. Generally accepted as the Hippie capital of the world, Totnes suffers also the ingress of Townies who buy a piece of delightfully charming Devon, in the sure and certain belief that the bucolic beauty they have fantasised about over the Times crossword whilst on the tube, will live up to their expectation.

Upon arrival their first act is usually to have the town Council ban anyone who dares own a cockerel, since the awful cacaphonie these outrageous beasts are capable of, is quite unacceptable. This is swiftly followed by the banning of all bell ringing for much the same reason, believing this to jeopardise the notion of peace and quiet in the countryside that they now own, and therefopre have a right to change beyond all recognition.

Having purchased the very latest behemoth four wheel drive with an everlasting metallic shine, never to be sullied by actual farm and country dirt, honest though that may be, they then set about re routing ancient rights of way to accomodate such vehicles and making every lanes' surface passable without a tremor to the undoubtably efficient shock absorbency of their particular Chelsea tractor.

Next the village shop has to be razed so that a fully functional uber-market can be built in its place, along with 200 houses belonging to the native population, who, not unlike the clansmen of the highland clearances administered by General Wade, make their way to a life of penury and state benefits in the nearest unsuitable town. Of course this requires an upgrade of infrastructure so unprecedented that local council tax has to be quadrupled, thereby forcing the little family run pottery shop to close along with 35 other such charming business'. But no matter, for now with the huge expanse of well stocked shelves, the little Town Of Totnes (Ahem) becomes an overnight stop for articulated vehicles weighing 44 tonnes and therefore requires a more direct and accessible road system to link with the national network. The influx of East European transitory and migrant workers adds little to an economy already bursting with the London (and often "Pink" ) pound, but does spark exponential growth within the local constabulary, formerly known as "Burt the copper".

Now truly on the world heritage trail of "Genuine English Villages"  Totnes enjoys brisk trade with passing tourists spurred on with internet descriptions such as " Bohemian"...

Lizzie xx

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Thu, Sep 15 2011 7:14 PM

Goodness, I caused all of this due to the mention of dangling earrings?

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Fri, Sep 16 2011 5:47 AM

renniw52:
    Goodness, I caused all of this due to the mention of dangling earrings?

Ya, see how you are? And we were all going to have a good weekend. But NOOOOOOOO, you gotta go out and mention dangling earrings and all tootnes, or whatever Lizzie was rambling on about , breaks loose.

Next thing you know we will be seeing some old as$ fighter pilot sporting some cheap ass Wal-mart bought dangling who knows what.

Thanks allot renniw52!

RSS