Forums

Help › Forums

DISCOURAGED!!!!

Wed, Nov 23 2011 9:10 PM (45 replies)
  • korana
    11 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2011 2:58 AM

i have the same problem and i am waiting for some one to give me advice before i go nuts.

• 1goodgolfer
    221 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2011 4:39 AM

SHRUDE:

I play with a glass of Bourbon and Ice next to me.. 

That usually helps.

Looking at your equipment....

You have a bunch of diffferent meter speeds across your clubs.

Try to get consistent meter speeds, Your wedges will always be faster.
    Consistent meters, consistent dings better 'mastering' of the swing meter as a whole. 

1. get onto the 'GI3' Balls (or better)  this will help..They really are the first set of balls offered that have a 'FEEL' rating..  = slowing down the meter.

I prefer the spin only balls over the Spin & Distance or the distance only.
    Only because the extra distance these balls give, isn't reflected in the caddy. Already enough math going on in my head for each stroke to add more. :)

2. Get the other two wedges for your set - (or the next level Z's) remove the 3H (its rarely used) You will see most players carrying 3 wedges with no 3H

3. After the other two options above are done.... grab the best driver your level will allow.

If credits are tight.. do the Surveys.

There is good info in the forums on how to get through the Surveys.

I do them every day..

4. New Irons.

Many people at your Tier and Tour Pro favour the Ping 'Rapture' Drivers and Irons. Slow meter, forgiving and decent distances.

The best Z's Wedges your can reach until you can reach the Clevelands.

Very good advice!

1goodgolfer

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2011 5:48 AM

KLJantz:
    I have played enough rounds by now to know that it is not all practice makes perfect.
    I will respectfully disagree that 28 ranked rounds is anywhere near enough to even make such a judgment call on  "waving goodbye." I will tell you that "if" you do stay , realize that it is a "marathon" and not a "sprint". Your game will develop over time , not overnight.  Be patient and be willing to learn from your mistakes and not repeat the same ones.  In time you (and many others) will come to realize that this game is closer to reality than given credit for. I read about players "recent" problems with distance control and what they refer to as unrealistic variations. Personally , I think they are having a hard time controlling spin on their cally's...they are extremely sensitive. I see people trying to chip through the rough from 7 or 8 yards off the green and wonder why  it travels 2 yards and buries again...I mean c-mon.  They simply are not playing the shot that the shot is calling for , it's not bad programming, it's terrible golf management and shot selection.  And then continue doing the same type of  things...?  I'm gonna' close , because I could go on for days about some of the things I see , but I hope you stay and let your game develop, but 28 rounds is just not enough babe....seriously.

Ace

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2011 5:50 AM

SHRUDE:
    remove the 3H (its rarely used)
    Umm , maybe in your game.One person's trash maybe another's treasure.

Ace

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2011 6:36 AM

TheAceFactor:
    Umm , maybe in your game.

Well I did say most players carrying 3 wedges remove their 3H

These Top WGT players for example.

JAKESTANFILL7

KINGTUCK

DANSAMCAM

YOBAN

BOLLOXINBRUGES

MONGO441

GOOCH134

LUISCRAVEIRO

BULFROG2004

CHUNKNSKULL

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2011 6:54 AM

Yes , I know them Shrude...been here a day or 2. You say it's rarely used...I say , maybe so in one person's game...maybe not so rare in another's.

• KLJantz
    5 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2011 7:07 AM

SHRUDE:

I play with a glass of Bourbon and Ice next to me.. 

That usually helps.

Hands down...the best advice I have received here so far...Cheers, SHRUDE

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2011 7:10 AM

Fair is fair here, Ace. Shrude might not know you play a classic game such as you would IRL. Your success shows that works quite nicely, too. I think there's a gamer vs professional working here.  ;-)

• SHRUDE
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2011 8:50 AM

I understand ace.. and I have visited your profile to know you have been here a day or two.

However,  I say its rarely used with those that use three wedges.

YankeeJim:
    Shrude might not know you play a classic game such as you would IRL. Your success shows that works quite nicely, too. I think there's a gamer vs professional working here.  ;-)

That sounds right. 

I do recognise Ace is a RL golfer and no doubt a good one.

We in a Game forum here. I'm talking about Game clubs and those with three wedges in this Game.

I do beg to ask the question though, with due respect, if ACE, tries the WGT 3 wedge method.. would her personal results improve?

Intresting.

Kudos to you ACE,  I mean absolutely no disrespect to a WGT player of your calibre.

See, IRL, in my bag.. I have a driver, 3 irons and a broom stick with no bristles.
    Need to replace my irons though, they are wood shafts.

;-) 

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Wed, Oct 12 2011 2:18 PM

SHRUDE:
    See, IRL, in my bag.. I have a driver, 3 irons and a broom stick with no bristles.
    lol , ok. Well , whether it's a hybrid , a  1 iron, or a broom(with no bristles.) It is a weapon in an arsenal that I wouldn't view as a "useless" item (to all). You may want to sweep leaves and dried worms before you putt...broom becomes not so useless real quick. In all seriousness , I have no probs with 3 wedges or 10 for that matter, if thats what works for an individual. I simply view "no club" as useless...it has a purpose. It's like , someone the other day trying to tell Priestess why Cleveland's would out perform her pings. Well , I assure you , she's carrying her pings for a reason. (Her reason) They may be useless , or not serve a purpose for him , but I assure you they do for her. As for a hybrid , it serves a huge purpose in my style of play , and "is not" rarely used...at all.  So , thats all I intended to bring to light here anyway. There is really no useless golf club. IMO

P.S. You  may one day cut a deal with Skycaddie with that broom of yours. " Purchase  a skycaddie today and receive a free bristleless  broom (with attachments) , it's a ball retriever, an umbrella,  a snake killer , and a walking stick. Simply attach the fiber optic bristles and sweep those pesky dried worms and leaves away for ever , Day or Night.  Attach the sham mi and dry your cart seat in seconds.     What do ya' think ? Not so useless huh ?  Might be something to think about Shrude...might have a winner with this broom thingy.     

Ace

RSS