Forums

Help › Forums

DISCOURAGED!!!!

Wed, Nov 23 2011 9:10 PM (45 replies)
  • robdelahunty
    670 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 10:57 AM

Meant between shots Jim.A qoute from  Walter Hagen i think?Was how he switched off between shots.

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 10:25 PM

May it have been.... "Don't hurry. Don't worry. Your only here for a short visit , so be sure to stop and smell the flowers along the way."        ?

Ace

• GSMEE
    4 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 8:06 PM

The game is a rip off.  What it costs in credits for balls etc not worth it.  The game is way to inconsistent from one course to the next and the short game aspects, pitching and especially chipping is a total joke.  If you want people to play and you can continue to make money, correct the stupid short game stuff.  it's no fun when you hit a shot perfect for a chip and it goes 2 feet.!!!  Also, if you do a practice round, the balls should not have any limit on them for strokes.  Also, take a tip from probably the best golf game ever, LS Links, allow mulligans during the practice round.  That's what practice is all about.

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 9:56 PM

GSMEE:

The game is a rip off.  What it costs in credits for balls etc not worth it.  The game is way to inconsistent from one course to the next and the short game aspects, pitching and especially chipping is a total joke.  If you want people to play and you can continue to make money, correct the stupid short game stuff.  it's no fun when you hit a shot perfect for a chip and it goes 2 feet.!!!  Also, if you do a practice round, the balls should not have any limit on them for strokes.  Also, take a tip from probably the best golf game ever, LS Links, allow mulligans during the practice round.  That's what practice is all about.

I agree wholeheartedly about mulligan thing. But there plenty of people here who can chip and pitch, it's just a lot trickier than hitting driver off the tee. The great thing about this game is country clubs, tournaments and multi-player games, which you have never participated in.... give them a try. That's what the credits really get you.

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 11:49 PM

LeonDelBosque:
    But there plenty of people here who can chip and pitch, it's just a lot trickier than hitting driver off the tee.

This.  I just played a round earlier that had three chip ins, including one for eagle on a par 5.  I love when people come in here crying about the way the game plays.

No, with the free clubs and very little practice/game time, you won't hit PGA shots.  When you've been practicing 6 months, and have some nice clubs, then you can expect to hit decent shots.  Much like real life.  These courses don't set up like a local muni course.  These courses are designed the way they played in majors.  The rough is rough.  If you think it was easy to chip from the rough at the US Open at Congressional, think again.  That rough eats balls.  Some of the courses on here have better rough, some have worse.  But the fact is, with cheap clubs and a few days of practice, no one is gonna shoot low at a US Open layout and condition course.  Period.

• GSMEE
    4 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2011 9:10 PM

I've been playing this game now for several months and have to say it has some nice features but the short game aspects, especially chipping really suck.  I am a 2 handicap in real life so I have some idea how to play the game, and the short game here makes no sense. It just absolutely ruins the fun of the game. I've noticed something that seems a little odd concerning playability and the amount of credits you have.  It seems the lower number of credits you have, the more forgiveness there is putting and the short game, especially the putting.  I'm in the Pro Tour tier and was consistently shooting around par or better with maybe 500-600 credits.  I have all top of the equipment.  With the high price of balls and the limit on strokes with those balls, I bought some credits..$50.00 worth.  I immediately noted a change in the forgiveness with the putter.  Also, I hit the meter right on the button and the ball didn't even go in the direction of the aiming marker.  Now call me not very trusting, but doesn't it seem logical that the program could be designed play easier when your credits get lower to sucker you into getting more credits to spend on whatever...?   After I use up my current credits, that's it for me with this game.  I'm going back to my old Links LS game which is much more realistic, allows mulligans to practice etc.  I wish everybody the best.  Keep it in the short grass!

RSS