Forums

Help › Forums

DISCOURAGED!!!!

Wed, Nov 23 2011 9:10 PM (45 replies)
  • robdelahunty
    670 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2011 12:06 PM

renniw52:
    Don't get caught with a tilt in your kilt. 

How do you know i am modelling a kilt,you a peeping tom squirrel?

• GSMEE
    4 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2011 12:24 PM

I'm a good golfer for real and I can't agree with you more!  The short game with this is terrible, not consistent, and chipping is a total joke.  Shot and club reaction is different from one course to another with the same club.  The hard part of real is easy here..hitting fairways and greens.  Short game and sand...very bad.  I have had some low scores, but I hit every green.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2011 1:08 PM

robdelahunty:
    How do you know i am modelling a kilt,you a peeping tom squirrel?

Haven't you ever noticed the mirror finish on the top of Ren's driver?  :-D

• KLJantz
    5 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2011 2:14 PM

SgtDoodles:

KLJantz:

Any suggestions before I wave goodbye??

Hurry up and do. 

Ya know Doodles, you convinced me to stick around here for awhile.

I appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions and I gained quite a lot of insight into each individual's personality through their words. I feel it is time now to close this thread and head for the waterin' hole.            Drinks are on me!!                                           

... uh... not you, Doodles....

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2011 8:44 PM

GSMEE:

I'm a good golfer for real and I can't agree with you more!  The short game with this is terrible, not consistent, and chipping is a total joke.  Shot and club reaction is different from one course to another with the same club.  The hard part of real is easy here..hitting fairways and greens.  Short game and sand...very bad.  I have had some low scores, but I hit every green.

Well  "good golfer"...get off the local munis and play some real courses, I have, and do.

In the local muni courses, rough is near non existant to speed up play.

Heck, you can putt from it if need be.

Try that at a real course. Ooops!,,,gotcha...hope you get my gist.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Oct 14 2011 9:00 PM

Interesting Thread this one...very entertaining..lol

My Radar doesn't kick in until the 5th can of Jim Beam...hmmm...lol

I gave up the Hybrid for a 3rd wedge, but doesn't matter what clubs are in your bag... you still have to knock the ball in the hole :)

I've noticed in the forums in the last few months that they are getting a bit nasty.

The biggest mistake we all make is, we think this is real golf... It's not.... This is the best Online Golf Game out and Thankyou WGT for making my life a bit better playing the game... This is an open Forum and everybody has the right of there opinion, whether it's right or wrong... doesn't matter... Let us all get back to the way we were(a year or 2 ago) and just help each other out...and the most important thing...Have Fun...

Cheers

Roger

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 6:58 AM

mantis0014:
    The biggest mistake we all make is, we think this is real golf

That, in itself, tells you just how realistic this game is. In the heat of the moments it's hard to remember that, as the golf mentality takes over and you get lost in the focus. The 4-5 hours on a round IRL is the same way. Rarely is the mind on anything but the next shot.  :-)

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 7:05 AM

KLJantz:

Ya know Doodles, you convinced me to stick around here for awhile.

I appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions and I gained quite a lot of insight into each individual's personality through their words. I feel it is time now to close this thread and head for the waterin' hole.            Drinks are on me!!                                           

... uh... not you, Doodles....

I'm sorry I don't like people who spend all their time venting in here. I acted in anger and I apologise. I'm glad you've decided to stick around. I wish you the best of luck in the future.

• robdelahunty
    670 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 7:47 AM

YankeeJim:
    The 4-5 hours on a round IRL is the same way. Rarely is the mind on anything but the next shot.  :-)

For once i have to disagree with YJ.Can't believe it myself either! Sorry Jim

As they say "smell the flowers"

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 10:44 AM

Erm, smelling the flowers, enjoying the clean air, mind off the mundane everyday crap, focused on having fun and your next shot?  What's to disagree with?

RSS