Forums

Help › Forums

Race to Legend.....

Mon, Jan 27 2014 9:21 PM (162 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 2:11 PM

SgtDoodles:

I'd like to congratulate my opponent on such a valiant effort. When I played crap yesterday, I thought the balls were his. You'll be there within a couple days.

My friends in IRC warned me about the tees, and 1 thru 3 they were WRONG... lmao.

P.S. @hp: Enter a load of tiered tourneys before you jump... a nice Blast From The Past.

Congratulations Sgt... Welcome to the Legends Tier... nice score on Beth... first 4 holes can be birds... I usually struggle on the 5th and 7th, the 8th can be tricky, the 9th should be a bird. Careful with the trees on the 2nd, I usually use my 3 wood on the tee there and stay away from them. Play safe on the 5th unless you hitting with a big wind, going off the back on the 2nd shot is not a bad Flop coming back.

Well Done again, 1 pack of balls on its way and UL HP, you should be there shortly :)

-Roger

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 2:35 PM

Legend tier, is what everyone who plays everyday on here is striving for. I think it is great that some players are willing to come out of pocket and give these folks the little token, a Hell Ya, if ya will. Any player on here that makes legend, let me know. I will gladly send a sleeve of balls for you to practice with. To all Legends, well done and I applaud you. New legends, not the ones who have been legends. However, if your down and out, let me know, I may be able to loan a sleeve.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 2:37 PM

mantis0014:
    Careful with the trees on the 2nd, I usually use my 3 wood on the tee there and stay away from them.

You're missing out on a good shot. Pull the tee shot around the trees for a wedge to the green. 

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 4:22 PM

YankeeJim:

mantis0014:
    Careful with the trees on the 2nd, I usually use my 3 wood on the tee there and stay away from them.

You're missing out on a good shot. Pull the tee shot around the trees for a wedge to the green. 

Is that clicking b4 the ding...  scared of doing that..lol. I will give it a go though., thks. Usually I'm around the 130-140 yrd away from green.. which is not that bad

• TarheelsRule
    5,546 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 5:38 PM

Mantis.....

It is a tricky shot but on some shots, this one and the fourth at Congressional, if the wind is moving wrong you have no choice.

The key that I have found is aiming further right than what you think, then hit the shot early about half way between the ding and the mark that is short.  The ball will go a little left of your aim off the tee then continue to move left like a hook.  My experience is that you need to aim about 3 yards more than you think.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 6:11 PM

I've not yet been been able to consistently pull that shot off...haven't tried for a long time.

So set up a ranked round and played one and two 10 times, only got fairway 3 times...

I'm sticking to what works for me!

• PeterHopper
    1,315 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 6:15 PM

Unless I have a finger burp I get the shot spot on. Fairway every time. 2nd BP, 4th Cong and severall others on Cong too.

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 6:55 PM

Congrats Sarge your balls are on the way.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 8:51 PM

now wait a minute, what did i do?

YankeeJim:
    You're in the soup now

and i refuse to let that happen

ty

-G

p.s. well done Dood

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Oct 15 2011 10:32 PM

TarheelsRule:

Mantis.....

It is a tricky shot but on some shots, this one and the fourth at Congressional, if the wind is moving wrong you have no choice.

The key that I have found is aiming further right than what you think, then hit the shot early about half way between the ding and the mark that is short.  The ball will go a little left of your aim off the tee then continue to move left like a hook.  My experience is that you need to aim about 3 yards more than you think.

I've just had a few goes at this... no problems at hitting the fairway, which is good. Approach shot is going going way past hole now...lol... it's cool though I will figure that out soon...lol...

Thks

RSS