Forums

Help › Forums

2010 WMPL Champion: werksux!!

Fri, Jul 9 2010 12:41 PM (326 replies)
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 3:35 PM

Google presentations is surprisingly easy to use and this has so much "extra" attached to it, I didn't want to flood out the main thread.  I think I like doing it this way, even if it adds a few more minutes to my time involved.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 4:06 PM

jeffdos924:
    Were these tournaments not limited to a group of players? .. I'm pretty sure they were... and nobody ever said anything about those.

There's only one Nivlac. His stature on this site is exceptional. To be excluded from his tournament hurts more than to be excluded from any random community tournament.

Yup, it may make one feel nicely snug and complacent listing all the glorious justifications for the exclusion when one is "on the right side of the fence". Those on the other side of the fence will think and feel differently. We had a similar situation regarding exclusions of foreign players from WGT.com tournaments... a number of users from "the right countries" enjoyed reminding "the others" of those folks' supposedly inept governments... until it unexpectedly happened a few weeks ago that several US states have likewise been excluded from matchplay wagering. Suddenly, the complacency was gone and the cold, joyless facts remained. Nothing to grin or pontificate about, really.

So, good luck to this tourney and all players in it!    It certainly hurts to be excluded, but it's not the end of the world. But please, if you can avoid it, don't rub this in for us, complacently listing all the wonderful reasons for kicking us off this tourney. Non-Masters have been kicked off of it, and that's that. We can live with it, sad though it makes us.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Tue, Dec 1 2009 10:33 PM

Updates and changes made to the league during this pre-registration phase will be posted in the change log in the 2nd post of this thread.  Look for a few changes while I receive feedback from various players on the workings of the league.

Please keep in mind nothing is completely finalized until qualifying begins.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Dec 2 2009 10:58 AM

-- Added "General Qualifying Information & Eligible Events"

Please have a look through and see if you feel anything needs to be clarified or re-worded.

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Dec 2 2009 12:15 PM

Ummm.... looks like it just links to itself?!?  

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Dec 2 2009 2:34 PM

Whoops.  Sorry about that.

All fixed now. =)

• Kosei82
    144 Posts
    Wed, Dec 2 2009 4:10 PM

Looks great nivlac...cant wait for it to start

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 11:36 AM

Rules regarding "Unplayed & Incomplete" games have now been posted.

In the meantime, if you have questions or need clarification on things that have already been posted, please let me know.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Dec 4 2009 12:09 PM

So, most of you guys may remember the April Match Play Invitational.  That sure was a great tournament.  Many participated and a lot of folks had a blast.

As a "side game" for that tournament, some of you may also remember the April MPI Bracket Challenge.  That was also a pretty cool event as well since it gave folks who weren't playing in the tournament a chance to get involved in a different way by picking winners in the various match-ups.

As most of you are aware by being in this thread, the World Match Play League is raring to burst onto the scene and as many of you know, it is exclusive to Master Tier players and there's not a lot of room available.

So I'd like to know if anyone out there would be interested in a "side game" for the WMPL.  I'm thinking about doing a pick 'em league (perhaps even two) that would be open to any player in WGT.   Basically, each week you would fill out a form that would have the match-ups for the week and you would try to pick the winners for each match.  Everyone would have a running total for the entire regular season and whoever picked the most correct winners would win.  Anyone interested in something like that just for fun?

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Wed, Dec 9 2009 12:19 PM

Qualifying registration opens at midnight tonight!  =)

RSS