Help › Forums

Legend

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 29 2011 4:12 PM (33 replies)
  • RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 1:58 PM

xtabent:

is 61  or 61.99 to become legend..i'm sitting on 62.02 and shot a few under par rounds and no change.

X

60.99 gets you legend tier

• Edgecan
    3 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 1:58 PM

I have a question for you.  Is it really possible to score around 61?  It would seem almost impossible.  And if it is true, do you find that you can play a game, enjoy, and chat with people?  I'm asking this because I tried playing in a game and one of the guys....from Italy I believe.....was playing like a robot.  He wouldn't say a word, and it was as if I was playing a computer game by myself.  He didn't react to any comment like nice shot, great drive etc.  Then after playing 4 holes....he hit a poor shot into the fairway bunker.  He immediately disconnected and that was it.   ???? What a wang!  Do you know if all the very good players have personalities like a board??

• xtabent
    2,281 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 2:34 PM

thanks..

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 2:36 PM

Welcome Pryke to the land of the Looooooong approach shot. Congrats on makeing Legend.

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 3:04 PM

Edgecan:
     Is it really possible to score around 61?

No.  All scores lower than 61 are entered by WGT, and are completely fictitious.  Either that or it's your eyes playing tricks on you.

Edgecan:
    And if it is true, do you find that you can play a game, enjoy, and chat with people?

Absolutely!  I shot 56 on RSG while chatting with one friend on Skype, and another friend on my cell phone.  Very enjoyable!  (to be honest, I think they distracted me enough that I didn't really realize how well I was playing until it was too late!)

Edgecan:
    Do you know if all the very good players have personalities like a board??

Not at all.  Some are much more like a plank than a board.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 3:06 PM

Edgecan:
    I have a question for you.  Is it really possible to score around 61?  It would seem almost impossible.  And if it is true, do you find that you can play a game, enjoy, and chat with people?  I'm asking this because I tried playing in a game and one of the guys....from Italy I believe.....was playing like a robot.  He wouldn't say a word, and it was as if I was playing a computer game by myself.  He didn't react to any comment like nice shot, great drive etc.  Then after playing 4 holes....he hit a poor shot into the fairway bunker.  He immediately disconnected and that was it.   ???? What a wang!  Do you know if all the very good players have personalities like a board??

Yes edgecan it is possible. My personal best is 57 and i think the all time best by a player is 50.

Only a small amount of the good players will not bother with the chatting. On occasions i play with a mate of mine and we hardly chat at all but then this is a lot to do with playing the round quicker. It's unfortunate that the guy quit on you but that's just another thing that sometimes happens.

If you see me online and i'm green then feel free to invite me for a game and you'll see we're not all like boards as you put it :-)

Dazza

• Pryke
    295 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 3:13 PM

People forget that once you've played a predetermined amount of rounds a bad round doesn't effect your average, that's quite often why they disconnect. The, often mistaken, bad round ruining average.

Yes it is possible to hit good rounds and still chat your way round the course. Remembering most people play 9hole rounds so actually hitting 28/29 which equates to 56-60 on full 18's.

I'm not, and doubt ever will be, 1 of the 'very good players' and so far have played with only 1 person who I believe to be 1 of the top players, he hit a 27 on Kiawah back 9 and was a funny and helpful person. But I can't vouch for all of them lol

Thx again all for the congrats.

Cheers

P

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 4:24 PM

xtabent:

is 61  or 61.99 to become legend..i'm sitting on 62.02 and shot a few under par rounds and no change.

X

your probably at the same stage as me,as regards average moving as i personally have to hit a -5 just to get my average to go down .4 keep going it will come :)

RUSSELL

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 9:18 PM

Not always, I have seen a TM with a 56.88 average.. TWIN...161 rounds played, lots of alternate... and still TM... I got to legend with less stroke games played. I guess nobody knows for sure what criteria WGT uses to assign players to a specific tier. Money? Don't think so... I've seen legends with 7 dollars won. ???????

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2011 1:26 AM

Edgecan:

I think it's boring playing a multi-player game and not chat....lol. Maybe the Italian bloke didn't know much English. I've come against a few people that doesn't understand the lingo, so they just don't chat.. but discoing is a bit rough though...lol

To shoot a low score you need heaps of consentration (as you can see I don't know how to spell..lol), you need to find the magical switch so you can turn it on when it's your shot.  I don't mind people not chatting, the biggest problem for me is waiting between shots. With a single game, you get into the groove and get on a roll, but multi-player games you are waiting for the others to play.. that's when I start chatting...lol.

Cheers

Roger

RSS