Forums

Help › Forums

Legend

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 29 2011 4:12 PM (33 replies)
  • Pryke
    295 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2011 2:56 AM

Done it. Got to Legend. 68 days of play (a lot of play lol) not including the week off.

Not played a round yet, think I may take a day off playing...probably won't ;)

Thx go out to Rusty and all who've posted tips in the forums.

My top tips:

1. Read the forums, these people know the game

2. Don't buy new equipment just because it becomes available. Changed my bag way too much. Scores got better when I stuck with my clubs and selected ball.

I'm chuffed to bits.

Cheers

P

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2011 3:55 AM

Congratulations and Good Luck :).

Cheers

Roger

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2011 4:45 AM

All I can say is exceptional results in less than 68 days of play.

J

• broahes
    191 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2011 5:18 AM

Congratulations Pryke!  I knew it wouldn't take you much longer.

I couldn't agree more about reading the forums, it's a huge help and I count you as one of the many posters that I have gained a lot from.

Best of luck at your new tier!

Brooks

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Tue, Oct 25 2011 6:05 AM

congrats!   I needed a break too when I made Legend.   The few days before trying to making the last few points of my avg go away burned me out a bit.  

Break was very short, lol

hp

• Pryke
    295 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 3:58 AM

Back playing already. Didn't take a full day off, 1 day I only played CTTH to keep my daily bonus up, big difference playing from Legend tee's.

Am I deluded in thinking the green speed is slightly different? I know its tournament but I could swear its faster lol

Thx for the nice words all.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 5:10 AM

Pryke:
    Am I deluded in thinking the green speed is slightly different? I know its tournament but I could swear its faster lol

It is. A lot of non-Legends just plain don't believe there's a difference. WGT doesn't help this misperception by calling them the same thing-Tournament. I gave up proving it and now just wait until they get to Legend themselves. Too trite to say told ya so.  LOL

http://wgt.com/forums/p/21297/128876.aspx#128876

WTG on the new tier.  ;-)

p.s., I suspect you're seeing lipouts and putts sliding by the hole. Speed kills. It's the biggest reason for a lot of those lipouts. Slow it down, buddy. LOL

• Pryke
    295 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 6:02 AM

Thx YJ.

Thought I was going crazy. As TM I could always get it within 1-2feet even from 80+ now they're whizzing by lol

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 6:11 AM

Even though i'm not a legend yet(still hesitating lol) i know all about the green speed of legend tourny greens as i'm a member of a guild on WGTLS (GO DOGSQUAD LOL)where we mostly play against legends so i will be prepared when i do make the step up to legend :)

RUSTY

• russellfahey
    4,286 Posts
    Thu, Oct 27 2011 6:14 AM

broahes:

Congratulations Pryke!  I knew it wouldn't take you much longer.

I couldn't agree more about reading the forums, it's a huge help and I count you as one of the many posters that I have gained a lot from.

Best of luck at your new tier!

Brooks

Hey broahes maybe if pryke signs up for the matchplay against your CC you can try an play each other :) either way i'm looking forward to playing your CC again enjoyed last time although all of the alt games was never played :(

RUSSELL

RSS