Help › Forums

Legend

rated by 0 users
Sat, Oct 29 2011 4:12 PM (33 replies)
  • RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2011 6:17 AM

SOYEL1:

Not always, I have seen a TM with a 56.88 average...161 rounds played, lots of alternate... and still TM... I got to legend with less stroke games played. Nobody knows what criteria WGT uses to assign players to a specific tier. Money? Don't think so... I've seen legends with 7 dollars won. ???????

Takes minimum 50 raked rounds as a tourmaster AND keep your avg below 60.99 to get to Legend tier.   As someone who hung around tourpro tier much too long playing practice rounds instead of ranked ones, when I decided to tier up,  was a man on mission to get to legend tees. I set up easy low wind , easy pins/greens country club tourney, and played it over and over. Would  just click restart on bad rounds to keep average low. Took about 12 days to get from turning tourmaster to legend tier. 

Legend tees are cool. Its fun playing from the longer tees, trying to overcome yardage advantage given to the lower tiers. Now when playing against another legend, whether win or lose, know we had same course and one who played  the better round that GIVEN DAY wins.  When I was master/tourmaster playing against a legend, even if I won the match/altshot, it was kinda empty win playing from shorter tees and it wasn't apples to apples in distance. 

So if you're a lvl 88 tourpro/master/tourmaster with best equipment,  no sweat, we can still play a fun match. It won't bother me your tees, instead will be a fun challenge. If I can overcome the yardage disadvantage and win, its a very sweet victory. If you win, I'll be first to congratulate.

This game is all about having fun. If you're having fun no matter what the tier your tier, play and enjoy. To all those considering tiering up, the water is fine. Jump on in

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2011 6:35 AM

RUNWME:
    So if you're a lvl 88 tourpro/master/tourmaster with best equipment,  no sweat, we can still play a fun match.

Legend/TM/M  AS matches are fun if you line the tees up right. The Legends actually have an advantage if they pair up with a lower tier player. The Legend gets to hit the easier approaches off the TM drive while the TM has to deal with a Legend approach. 

• RUNWME
    1,011 Posts
    Fri, Oct 28 2011 8:34 PM

YankeeJim:

RUNWME:
    So if you're a lvl 88 tourpro/master/tourmaster with best equipment,  no sweat, we can still play a fun match.

Legend/TM/M  AS matches are fun if you line the tees up right. The Legends actually have an advantage if they pair up with a lower tier player. The Legend gets to hit the easier approaches off the TM drive while the TM has to deal with a Legend approach. 

Indeed Jim , with right batting order, can get best of both worlds.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Oct 29 2011 4:12 PM

RUNWME:

YankeeJim:

RUNWME:

Indeed Jim , with right batting order, can get best of both worlds.

When playing 'As' matches at St.Andrews Front9 make sure the Legend tees off first if you have the option... you don't want a Legend teeing off the 4th hole hitting into a strong wind.  It can be a nasty 2nd shot...lol

RSS