Forums

Help › Forums

Balls rolling through pins and over holes

Tue, Aug 28 2012 6:28 AM (127 replies)
  • drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2012 8:36 AM

dfDurbs:
    Again, right there with you, Doc...been in the same place too. about here?

Yep, that's the marker. My ball rolled directly through it, dead center, and came to rest where it appeared to be touching the stone directly below the bronze plaque. Since the game had already treated the obstacle as "non-existant", (and because I had no other option, lol) I did the same thing and chipped it back through to within 3' of the hole to tap in and save par. Once again, there are areas of this game which function outside the laws of physics, those who doubt that might be interested in some land I have for sale. :)

P.S. thanks for the info, once done it probably is easy, just takes me a while to wrap my head around stuff, and vice versa, lol.

Doc

• Bidi
    1,948 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2012 9:18 AM

CAMERA2

but maybe is only bad luck!

• jld51
    406 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 6:44 AM
    over the 2 weeks a putt that is in 6 ft rolls over the hole its not due to over putt as it stops 2-3 inches the other side, there must be a bug somewhere.
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 12:11 PM

jld51:
    over the 2 weeks a putt that is in 6 ft rolls over the hole its not due to over putt as it stops 2-3 inches the other side, there must be a bug somewhere.

Plenty of bugs.

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Tue, Apr 24 2012 1:28 PM

interesting thread.  i like the CSI: WGT analysis.  this one might be harder to make sense of because there isn't a very good "2nd angle."  but frustrating nonetheless:

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=af87d493-1c5e-4c52-958b-a03d01510f51

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 12:38 AM

pillsy:

this one might be harder to make sense of.......

?

it comes up short

?

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2012 11:26 AM

oilyrag:

pillsy:

this one might be harder to make sense of.......

?

it comes up short

?

Ok, that's another thing that ticks me off...the 2nd camera angle on this replay was not even an OPTION for my in-game replays.  The in-game replay showed a close-up of the green from the fairway, and it clearly showed the ball hovering over the hole.  I even zoomed in 3-4 times.  Then I put the replay link in this thread and the replay link is different than the replay from the game.  I had this happen to me before too when I thought I eagled a 50 yard show on KW #2 (the dogleg left par 5), my ball landed, backed up a little and then rode the slope down right to the hole.  the in-game replay showed it going directly over the hole.  i posted that replay link and it showed the ball missing the hole completely by like 3".

• dfDurbs
    1,061 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 3:33 AM

another one for your delectation 

Having taken you advice and done the "zooming in"  thing, I'm still puzzled, why, if the ball lipped-out, did it not move...Frankly, my dear, I give a damn if a putt doesn't drop when it should. I'd be equally happy if it was a 50/50 split in aberrations/VEM, but it's not, more like 90/10 against

• brysoni23
    693 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 4:04 AM

Some one zoom in on this please ?? Almost Hole in one

I was gutted that this one didn't drop

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 6:51 AM

Why the hell didn't this putt lip out?

Camera 1 clearly shows the ball hitting the right edge of the cup and should have lipped out!! 

C'mon WGT, how can Camera 2 show it going dead center and fall in the cup??

That's not right!  How is that possible huh?

I don't need any "cheap" eagles for cryin' out loud!!

RSS