Forums

Help › Forums

Balls rolling through pins and over holes

Tue, Aug 28 2012 6:28 AM (127 replies)
  • SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 9:43 AM

Sick of this ***, I had 4 cameras when I flopped, second camera showed that the ball rolled over the hole, watch the replay and compare with the video below. I was left with two cameras taken from space, luckily, I saved the replay before, because it had happened to me before. Watch both, the replay and the video I posted to youtube. Now tell me that ball didn't roll over the hole. I had even taken the pin out. The video on youtube was the replay right after the shot, I decided to save it just in case that camera disappeared after saving it, well, all cameras disappeared, but 2, and no one wants a replay like that. Why would you get a view from over a 100 yds or 200 yds for something near the pin? Why do the cameras you get when you watch the replay disappear? But even more, why is the ball rolling through the hole as if nothing happened?

REPLAY

• MUSTAQBAL1
    270 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 11:23 AM

looks like the balls wasn't settled soyel.  there was too much force behind the ball to allow gravity to take over. one thing you will never see on this game or in real life golf, is when you have a putt that is 1 foot away and you only hit it with one inch of power and the ball rolls over the hole.  it would be impossible for the ball to roll over the hole in that condition.  well, unless the hole was on the side of a cliff and you were putting down at a 180 degree angle.  sure, it's the over-exaggerate theory but physics play a huge part of this game. 

q

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 11:32 AM

I accept the "force behind'  thing. Maybe it was too much, but the ball rolled completely over the hole, at least it should have jumped a bit.... I checked that replay over and over and the ball rolls as if there was no hole there. Besides from that position, the ball is going uphill. If the ball had changed a bit.. ok, but it just rolled over the hole, 100%. I had time to watch it slow motion... hole was somewhere else, but on its course. If it had, at least it would have jumped. Open it in youtube and in full screen, and check it using pause... ball goes almost its normal course as if no hole was there. in the end it goes a bit right, but all balls do that when they are dying.

• mapewest
    499 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 12:52 PM

SA #2 easy putt (lol)

Oak

...For safety, i asked an exorcism

• ChipNSink
    427 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 1:10 PM

Seems a lot of the holes on St A is like that. A friend of mine experienced the same.

When viewing this from Cam 2 it is very clear that it is a bogus shot. Ball rolls directly across the hole. And it has nothing to do with too much inertia to let gravity take over.

• Yappy22
    733 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 1:50 PM

Didn't I read somewhere that balls rolling over the center of the cup is due to mapping errors.

I've had my share of these but the best one was a ball falling in the cup 2inches in front of the cup....  I was so surprised I forgot to save it.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 1:54 PM

Yappy22:
    Didn't I read somewhere that balls rolling over the center of the cup is due to mapping errors.

There is apparently 1/2" +/- in the exact location of objects in this game. It came from a former WGT employee and was discussed when the BPB fairway/rough discrepancies were discovered. You know, those spots where you're clearly in the fairway but the lie says rough. I'm not sure how 1/2" translates to these missed putts but it factors in.

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 5:03 PM

mapewest:

SA #2 easy putt (lol)

If this is what the rest of your replays are like and I assume they are, your balls are not rolling over the cup. This shot is hit way way too hard and probly would have broke the pin in half if it hit it.

If you honestly want that putt to drop you have issues.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Apr 27 2012 5:27 PM

Yappy22:

YankeeJim:
    There is apparently 1/2" +/- in the exact location of objects in this game.

Yep, mapping errors. Most often from the camera behind the hole it appears.  A simple pop-up would solve the issue.

• dfDurbs
    1,061 Posts
    Mon, Apr 30 2012 1:39 AM

andyson:
    Yep, mapping errors.

so in effect, the hole could be up to 1" smaller...or bigger (but that never seems the case, only smaller) or it could be not where you think you see it, 1" left/right, 1" back/forward?

Time to spin them wheels again....

RSS