Forums

Help › Forums

Balls rolling through pins and over holes

Tue, Aug 28 2012 6:28 AM (127 replies)
  • drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Sun, May 13 2012 6:38 PM

So, everyone feels as if they've been cheated out of an albatross/ace/ eagle/ birdie, myself included. Hmmm, what do we do about this, I know, first let's whine in the forums, oh wait, that doesn't work. Hmmm, ok, lets whine in the forums, oh damn, that doesn't work, I know, let's whine in the forums, crap, I think I'm starting to see a pattern here. I know eventually if I whine in the forums enough they will either declare me insane for expecting different results from the same behavior or the WGT gods of golf will see fit to make all my shots perfect. Which will it be? I have only begun to whine!!!

Doc

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, May 13 2012 7:27 PM

Golf balls can't roll through pins. Its just a figment of your imagination.

If a golf ball rolls over a hole, you hit the putt with too much speed.

Keep playing and try for the next Ace, albatross, eagle, birdie, or par.

Case closed.

• pjctas0822
    4,591 Posts
    Sun, May 13 2012 8:44 PM

Richard4168:

Case closed.

That's not true ....I have had it happen to me on more then one occasion. It is a bug ! I have witnesses that were playing with me and were like "damn there it goes again" lol Perfect speed ,perfect line etc etc. No I didn't feel the need to save it as this has been posted enough times by many people to warrant it to be a game issue. I just take it with a grain of salt and move on. 

BTW It always happens to me when playing SA. I havent noticed this on any of the other courses. Not yet anyway.

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Tue, Jun 5 2012 12:44 PM

ahh-HAAAAA!!

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=9f5c8003-7dd8-4179-92fe-a067003d167f

and I already did the zoom-in:

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2012 8:34 AM

This one is pretty cool. It said I was .2 inches away. It must of stuck in the flag stick .2 inches above the hole.

replay.aspx?ID=eddd3511 a5b2 49f3 8207 a0ba00ff4a58

• oksymoron
    110 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2012 4:47 PM

how about this one:

no gravity

(meh, can't see anything from this camera; in-game replay was different)

• DiegoBeneIII
    9 Posts
    Mon, Aug 27 2012 5:45 PM

Richard4168:

Case closed.

Love the game, no complaints at all about unlucky shots nor dropping, just sharing this one because I think some frat boys holidaying at Whistler might have painted on the hole I was aiming at :)

Nice easy zoom in after the replay ends and I can't see any deviation at all, nor change to speed - just seems to gently float on over the hole. Such is life.

First time I've tried linking to a replay so here goes: http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=d471dca6-b6f0-47ac-92a6-a0a400794126

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Tue, Aug 28 2012 6:28 AM

Richard4168:

Case closed.

Allow me to disagree with you, at least in part. This game has errors.... it's still in Beta. There are bugs in the game and there are cameras that are not 100% aligned. A ball can roll through a pin at too much speed and not drop, but you will see the ball change direction/course, or kind of jump a little. For some short putts I hit it hard, enough to pass the hole at least 3 or 4 ft and the ball still drops. If the ball is going at a speed that can pass the hole like 10 feet, it won't drop... but a ball that goes over the hole and stops less than 2 feet should drop unless the camera is not well-aligned and is just giving you the impression it rolled over it and was actually going around it.

Watch       THIS      and tell me it was going too fast... You can zoom in camera 2 till you see the letters written on the ball....

RSS