Forums

Help › Forums

Balls rolling through pins and over holes

Tue, Aug 28 2012 6:28 AM (127 replies)
  • oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 5:59 AM

dfDurbs:

I take note, but I still like to get you forensic detectives to explain it away...

Try this one

I acknowledge that the ball was running a bit quick, but I still expected a pin-strike/lip out (been plenty of these lip outs recently )..I did manage to zoom in 3x and if the ball didn't cross the hole at all, I'll be very suprised.

dfDurbs:

If it is the case that the graphics are so bad as to put the hole above the pin position or the pin out of the hole a few inches away, how do I compensate for this when putting?

it's the ball trails that are the problem

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 9:09 AM
  • oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 10:07 AM

thebigeasy707:

should have gone to .......           :)

same explanation as all those before

press play

press pause just before the end

change to camera 1

zoom in on the hole

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 10:22 AM

thebigeasy707:

There seems to be some misalignment in some cameras. In my wall there is a flop under "some replays", that from that angle seems to go out(agggr). Thing is I saved it because in reverse view the ball was actually rolling over the hole, and I mean fully over the hole. I saved it but then WGT gave me only two cameras, and in the first it seems to go right of hole. The other view is useless like so many others in WGT. That sucks. When I was playing I got 4 cameras, when I saved it, got only two... grrr. I once had a similar shot and saved it. WGT answer was what I told you... cameras can be a bit misaligned..... 

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 10:47 AM

SOYEL1:

............................... in reverse view the ball was actually rolling over the hole, and I mean fully over the hole............................

same answer again regarding ball trails

if the shot is viewed from any kind of reverse angle ( arrows ) then the ball trail on wgt will "appear to be" over the hole.

see previous explanations for why this is so

SOYEL1:

The other view is useless like so many others in WGT. That sucks.

use zoom

• iremanu
    171 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 1:40 PM

As you zoom? Thanks in advance.

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 2:30 PM

iremanu:

As you zoom? Thanks in advance.

right click mouse

zoom in

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 4:03 PM

Oily, I can see from that angle that the ball goes right of the hole. When I mentioned reverse view, I meant there was a camera on the other side of the hole, facing the player, right on the green, a few feet from the hole.... After I saved that shot, that camera disappeared, I was left with 4 camera views, two front and two rear views, but only camera 1 is a few yards from the players, the others are almost useless. I had a similar shot once, the ball seemed to have stopped in the hole, like stuck against the pin, and when I wrote to WGT showing the replay, they told me that there seemed to be some misalignment, that is what I meant. I can see there that the ball goes right, but in the other camera that disappeared after saving the shot, I had a view from a couple of yards from the hole, facing the player. In that one, the ball was rolling over the hole... but that can't be seen in any of the cameras now, least from more than 60 yds views. I am not arguing that the ball was in or out, just that from about two yds from the hole, I saw the ball rolling over the hole, and it kind of went through the pin without touching it, Capisci? Thanks for your answer.

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 4:49 PM

SOYEL1:

yes i do understand

your reverse camera would look like this

but it is not "over" the hole

see the above explanation

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Sat, Mar 17 2012 3:32 PM

Look at this.. seems it should have drop, after you save it, you get 3 useless cameras.

RSS