Forums

Help › Forums

Balls rolling through pins and over holes

Tue, Aug 28 2012 6:28 AM (127 replies)
  • Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 12:34 PM

Woodoworkery:

This ball is moving way to fast to drop, I know it's aggravating but really just look at how far the ball went past the hole

What aggravates me is people that say something like this, and it is obvious that the Flagstaff should of stopped it, not let it continue through. That should of been a flagstaff award.

• Games4Ever71
    623 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 12:42 PM

I see more people here defending wgt than actually getting the facts that the game is not perfect. The more the pictures are shown, the more people say that it is not true. Now, that is funny.

• SOYEL1
    698 Posts
    Thu, Apr 19 2012 5:48 PM
  • dfDurbs
    1,061 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2012 2:03 AM

This should prove that there is something wrong.... I've taken the advise and zoomed in from all camera angles available and this is floating over the hole. It's one from a CC member, not me

So, all of you forensic experts, explain away!!

• dfDurbs
    1,061 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2012 2:05 AM

oilyrag:
    what do you see this time?

a big blue square..I hope

• dfDurbs
    1,061 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2012 2:11 AM

andyson:

Thanks for the kind words Doc! 

Its just me, but I don't see the acceleration in any of the above cases.  Probably because I'm aware of the illusion factor.

Just like any other club, the putter has built in randomness resulting in deviations in distance and direction.  Better putters have smaller deviations.  Keep in mind some deviations will work in our favor.  A not so perfectly executed putt will go in the cup due to a "lucky" deviation that corrects for our error.

"#$%@ it!  I missed the ding!  Ooooh it went in anyway!!"

Andy

I'm right there with you on that....the times I have gone.."oh no, that fooked that" and it drops... (Open-mouthed, jaw dropper) and that goes for iron shots too

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2012 5:07 AM

I'm not good at providing links, but, I know what I saw. Yesterday, St A's hole 17 I watched my shot roll through the stone green marker and stop on the far side of it. Had I hit the resulting chip shot the way I did in real life I would surely have ruined a perfectly good wedge and probably fractured both wrists as I chipped it back through the marker as if it didn't exist. There are "glitches" within the game which cannot be " explained away ". Those who say otherwise must be playing a different version, perhaps one that is no longer in "Beta", lol.

Doc

• 1100SHADOW
    48 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2012 5:28 AM

I have noticed a clue with the putting as to whether the ball is going to drop or not, 9 times out of ten, when you make the put, if the flag dosen't dissapear when you hit the ball, it's not going to drop in.

Or is just me.

• dfDurbs
    1,061 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2012 6:59 AM

drmoose:

I'm not good at providing links, but, I know what I saw. Yesterday, St A's hole 17 I watched my shot roll through the stone green marker and stop on the far side of it. Had I hit the resulting chip shot the way I did in real life I would surely have ruined a perfectly good wedge and probably fractured both wrists as I chipped it back through the marker as if it didn't exist. There are "glitches" within the game which cannot be " explained away ". Those who say otherwise must be playing a different version, perhaps one that is no longer in "Beta", lol.

Doc

Again, right there with you, Doc...been in the same place too. about here?

How's this one though. What get's me is that normal lip-outs would roll around the cup, not the other way!!!

drmoose:
    I'm not good at providing links

Easy, my friend....just replay your shot, click "share" and below the box where you put in peeps email address is the link..click "copy" and it's on your clipboard, ready to be pasted into your posts. To make it a hyperlink, highlight some text and click the "chain" like symbol, "insert link" box appears and press CTRL+V and voila, the link is pasted into the URL field, "Save"...simples

• drmoose
    3,538 Posts
    Fri, Apr 20 2012 8:23 AM

dfDurbs:

drmoose:

Doc

Again, right there with you, Doc...been in the same place too. about here?

How's this one though. What get's me is that normal lip-outs would roll around the cup, not the other way!!!

drmoose:
    I'm not good at providing links

Easy, my friend....just replay your shot, click "share" and below the box where you put in peeps email address is the link..click "copy" and it's on your clipboard, ready to be pasted into your posts. To make it a hyperlink, highlight some text and click the "chain" like symbol, "insert link" box appears and press CTRL+V and voila, the link is pasted into the URL field, "Save"...simples

RSS