Forums

Help › Forums

Balls rolling through pins and over holes

Tue, Aug 28 2012 6:28 AM (127 replies)
  • oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 10:00 AM

YankeeJim:

Notice the stick is not centered on the hole. 

the stick is in the centre... it's just poor 2d graphics

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 10:06 AM

oilyrag:
    the stick is in the centre... it's just poor 2d graphics

Duh. Correcting it visually would make the explanation moot because the miss would be visible all around. Repositioning the cup only would make it right.

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 10:07 AM

Thanks YJ. I definitely see it was on the high side now. I couldn't figure out how to keep it on camera view one while I was replaying until just now. I viewed it using camera 1 then when it switched to camera 2 I switched it back manually to camera 1. I did not realize you could do that. Duh.

Thanks again. Was a little discouraged after watching it on camera 2 about 5 times. Thinking wtf just happened. Hell with this view it doesn't even touch the hole.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 10:10 AM

DarSum:
    . I couldn't figure out how to keep it on camera view one while I was replaying until just now

Ya, just keep your mouse over the play button and hit pause when you want to. Then, with each view, you can right click and zoom in to see closer. 

Here's a thought. Like Oilyrag pointed out, the 2D graphics are lame sometimes. Maybe aiming by zooming in would be useful. Little time consuming but when you're playing alone who cares? 

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 12:07 PM

DarSum:

The replay showed the shot from the other side of the cup with the ball going directly over the cup and through the pin. After I posted it and had the comments that the ball missed the hole by at least 2 inches I went and watched it again. Totally different replay that what I watched immediately after the shot. do do dodo do do dodo you have entered the twilight zone.

I've had this a few times too.  I had one where the ball clearly passed directly over the hole and through the flagstick on an approach shot.  I watched it several times from all angles as soon as it happened and saved the replay.  I posted it in the CC forum and when I checked it from the link it showed the ball clearly missing the hole and the viewing angles were slightly different.

I called Gillian Anderson but she refused to come over and watch it with me while we drank champagne in a bath.  A real Twilight Zone event.

• BeachedMulligan
    1,238 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 1:19 PM

dfDurbs:

This is the 4th or 5th time recently it has happened. I have another replay saved on my blog

Mine doesnt roll through the pin or over the cup. But take a look at this shot. it certainly should have hit the pin. Where it goes from there who knows, also...no bounce? no roll? 

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=248ac27d-3d04-4981-ac8e-9fca0142fde4

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Tue, Feb 7 2012 1:47 PM

BeachedMulligan:

Mine doesnt roll through the pin or over the cup. But take a look at this shot. it certainly should have hit the pin. Where it goes from there who knows, also...no bounce? no roll? 

http://www.wgt.com/replay.aspx?ID=248ac27d-3d04-4981-ac8e-9fca0142fde4

there was a flash flood and the greens were still a bit damp.

it plugged :)

• dfDurbs
    1,061 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2012 9:21 AM

This one is over the hole, seems to hit the pin, but no noise of it hitting pin. Nothing given by WGT

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Wed, Feb 8 2012 10:02 AM

dfDurbs:

This one is over the hole, seems to hit the pin, but no noise of it hitting pin. Nothing given by WGT

hi d,

just wondered if you have taken note of any of the replies posted. they all, invariably, have the same answer.

the graphics are not the best

the ball trails are very poor and should not be taken into account

etc

have you tried the zoom?

have you tried from different camera angles?

have you tried without ball trails?

etc

• dfDurbs
    1,061 Posts
    Fri, Mar 16 2012 5:34 AM

I take note, but I still like to get you forensic detectives to explain it away...

Try this one

I acknowledge that the ball was running a bit quick, but I still expected a pin-strike/lip out (been plenty of these lip outs recently )..I did manage to zoom in 3x and if the ball didn't cross the hole at all, I'll be very suprised.

If it is the case that the graphics are so bad as to put the hole above the pin position or the pin out of the hole a few inches away, how do I compensate for this when putting?

RSS