Forums

Help › Forums

10/26 Update/Bug Fixes

Thu, Nov 10 2022 1:16 PM (52 replies)
  • WGTNico
    635 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2022 8:18 AM

Hey everyone, 

Here are the patch notes for this months update!

All of these will be reflected in game on the client update which will be happening throughout this week (when you have the option to update your game). However, quite a few of them are already available in game.

Goals & Achievements

• Fixed Achievement Ready For Battle so it would count rounds properly instead of giving progress for each hole played
    • Fixed goals and achievements progress where tie breakers in coin rooms weren’t counting as a win
    • Fixed an issue where event goals start and countdown to the start of the event
    • Fixed an issue where goals needing consecutive birdies were counting all birdies and not only consecutive ones
    • Fixed an issue where Clashing with Friends achievement was not progressing
    • Fixed an issue where Best of 16 achievement was not progressing

Quality of Life

• Fixed an issue when buying sponsor apparel from the proshop where it would should 1/15 for level-up progress on each apparel item regardless of the player’s inventory
    • Removed the Online Visibility toggle from invitations because it wasn’t functioning (players can change their online visibility in their game settings)
    • Fixed an issue with PC chat where the chat hitbox was too small
    • Fixed an issue causing the notification dot to appear on a player’s inbox even when there was nothing in their inbox.

Surveys

• Replaced PeanutLabs with InBrain on web
    • Removed PeanutLabs on Android (will be replaced soon!)

Miscellaneous

• Friends UI - This is an early version of what we are doing. The big pieces is that the UI is slightly different and players can now see if their friends are online, busy, and offline easily.
    • Turkey Hand shirt - the one made by a player in the Discord!

• MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2022 10:21 AM

I think you need one more subsection...

Bugs we've created in this update

EDIT:  Actually, this would be more useful than you might think.  You can dynamically add any bugs that players find as a way of communicating to everyone what problems have cropped up since the update in one place, and then keep it as a bug list for fixing.

• MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2022 10:39 AM

Not that I want to delete it, but where has the Delete button gone from my above post?

It was there when I first posted, but after I put in the edit it was no longer showing!

Oh dear, it never rains but it pours!

• MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2022 10:45 AM

Strangely enough (or maybe not!), the next post showed the Delete button after I posted it...

... and still there after I edited a typo (underlined)...

I guess this will be another of those "we can't replicate it bugs"!

EDIT:  And guess what - the Delete button has now disappeared from the 2nd post!

• ScottHope
    10,324 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2022 10:45 AM

The delete button disappears about ten minutes after posting Mio.  ; )

• MioKontic
    4,643 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2022 10:48 AM

ScottHope:

What is the point of that???  I'm sure I've been able to delete posts in the past.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2022 11:23 AM

MioKontic:

ScottHope:

What is the point of that???  I'm sure I've been able to delete posts in the past.

Why would WGT (Or any message board) want people to have the ability to delete their posts- hours, days, weeks, years after posting them...?

IMO, they should lock the edit function after a specific time period as well, Would get rid of a lot of bots that way.

• Dneirf
    438 Posts
    Wed, Oct 26 2022 12:07 PM

Thanks WGTNico for your extra efforts in updating the game and the postings of those updates, it is much appreciated.

I am returning to World Golf Tour after taking an long break and would like to extend this delayed warm welcome to World Golf Tour as one of our Moderators and Staff.

I have observed many positive improvements in the game since your presence here.

God Bless and remember the Goal,

-Dneirf

RSS