• PAGES
  • fonde
    141 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2011 5:23 PM

a driver only legend's can buy.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2011 7:40 PM

Or a 'Legends only' anything will be nice... We have the Callaways now, but I like to see Legend only Clubs too :) I must admit, the clubs we have now are quite good... just sad that some of em were not made Legend only.

-Roger

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2011 10:00 PM

Why limit your target consumer base so much?  Legends comprise only a small fraction of the players on here.  That alone should tell you why we don't yet have legend-only drivers.

More realistic, but also probably doubtful, is to give each driver a range for its attributes (distance, forgiveness, spin, etc.), with the top of the range representing the current maximum for that driver. (ie: R11 driver with a range of 230 to 282 yds).

Using the above example....as a Hack, the R11 driver would average 230 yds, but as a legend, it would average 282 (only with less forgiveness).  Advancing from one tier to the next, "unlocks" the attribute changes (extra distance, decreased forgiveness, etc.), which modify your existing driver only if you buy them as an "upgrade".

Your driver improves with each tier advancement, until it reaches its maximum at Legend.....thereby representing the real-life progression one would likely experience. 

Let's face it...even using an identical driver as him, there ain't many folks on here that are gonna hit it as far as Bubba Watson, right?  At least, not unless they've put a similar amount of time, effort, and money, into learning how to accomplish exactly that.

Just a thought....

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2011 1:28 AM

Jerm65:

More realistic, but also probably doubtful, is to give each driver a range for its attributes (distance, forgiveness, spin, etc.), with the top of the range representing the current maximum for that driver. (ie: R11 driver with a range of 230 to 282 yds).

Using the above example....as a Hack, the R11 driver would average 230 yds, but as a legend, it would average 282 (only with less forgiveness).  Advancing from one tier to the next, "unlocks" the attribute changes (extra distance, decreased forgiveness, etc.), which modify your existing driver only if you buy them as an "upgrade".

Now that's a great Idea J

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2011 1:31 AM

Now theres a thought. How about if you could improve your distance ETC from consecutive days played. As we know, if you stop playing in real life, your game is going to suffer. But if you played every day, you could or should improve at a steady pace. So why not make it so that the more you play here, the longer distance, forgiveness ETC you will tweak from your clubs? Just a thought.

• Willsstrs
    632 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2011 7:59 AM

because then I would be hitting it 500 yds :)

There are some top players who have probobly a 2 year consecutive streak or so and then they could hit it about 900 yds... Make those par 5's driveable.............with a 9 iron :) lololol

Or make it like the EA games...no restrictions for level but have attribute points added for each level...Then have tees based on level not tier

• Dukiedong
    73 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2011 8:39 AM

I've played level 93 Masters in Challenge matches so setting the level high means nothing. There will always be lifetime Masters who want nothing to do with moving back to the Mens tees ie. Legend tees.

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2011 9:02 AM

Willsstrs:

because then I would be hitting it 500 yds :)

There are some top players who have probobly a 2 year consecutive streak or so and then they could hit it about 900 yds... Make those par 5's driveable.............with a 9 iron :) lololol

Or make it like the EA games...no restrictions for level but have attribute points added for each level...Then have tees based on level not tier

LOL Wills, thats a bit obvious. I was thinking there would have to be a limit to it, but that would fade again when said player doesnt play every day. Of course it would have to max out, otherwise you would be watching your own ball come past you after going around the world, lol.

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2011 9:41 AM

Interestingly, I play a lot of alt-shot with all level of player and can be out driven by the free green driver against my R11. The Legend tee is way back...the Hack tee, plus other tees provide a parity that make sense.

• PAGES
RSS