Forums

Help › Forums

sand baggers

Wed, Apr 18 2012 1:27 PM (64 replies)
  • x1524807
    776 Posts
    Mon, Nov 28 2011 6:31 AM

Joeyola:
    A Legend player has the advantage over any other tier because of playing ability...no matter what the tee box or what equipment is used. 

sorry joey, the challenge has been out there for a year, and 6 legends have dared to try.

the challenge has been to meet me at beth, white tees, any wind and break par. So far of the six, 5 have come within 3 of par over 9, and one quit being 4 over par at the 4th hole. The challenge is still out there, prove to me that your skill is giving you your score, LOL

Oh, by the way, I have had 2 cowards think that if they phony a score card that they have met the challenge. Sorry, you want to prove it, I want to see it. You know, ron reagans trust and confirm

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Mon, Nov 28 2011 6:35 AM

james271:
    why should we change our clubs to reg clubs just to make the game fair??   In my eyes the game is fair we have to hit from much further tee's than

lol, but no matter what tee you hit from, you still out drive me, 

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Mon, Nov 28 2011 2:38 PM

• asugunnu
    48 Posts
    Mon, Nov 28 2011 3:50 PM

nanstar:

That would be president I'vehadmydinnerdad Ace...he's prolly a sandbagger too :)

LOL! nah.. bet that he's from awfulgolferstan..

• james271
    14 Posts
    Mon, Nov 28 2011 5:22 PM

x1524807:

lol, but no matter what tee you hit from, you still out drive me, 

and your point is????

my money was well spent then lol..........  :)

j-271

• ihartyou
    692 Posts
    Mon, Nov 28 2011 11:21 PM

legend tee's starter clubs is almost impossible to break par and thats not because we dont have skill yeah better clubs that we choose to buy help but you have to have skill to ding and how long to play a shot and spin control etc.

abbey

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Tue, Nov 29 2011 12:59 AM

I think we can talk about this subject forever until Wgt changes how things are done.

I remember when I first started playing the game and was thinking...wow, this game is hard and fantastic at the same time(still think that...lol).  Back then the clubs were not as powerful as the ones we have now. 

I really don't care what clubs people have in their bags, what Tier they are on, or what Level.. The only thing I don't like is when they abuse it... L90 Pro's(when L90 you should be good enough to be at least TM), Am's with averages of 60 or below, Hacks with 10 ranked rounds shooting 28/30 (I'm jealous...lol) and cleaning up on all the comps to win heaps of credits.

It's just the way it is nowadays because they are allowed to get all the good clubs when they reach a certain Level. Such is life, if your allowed to do something..so be it.

I think, keep the present Tier System(maybe a new tier at the top, but that's another story), but make it when you change Tiers, then the clubs will unlock instead of Level unlocking. This could also slow down the Multi-Accnts too. Instead of playing 100's of practice and/or multi player games to get the xp points up...you need to play heaps of Ranked Stroke play games to get promoted and unlock better clubs.

Not too late to start

-Roger

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Tue, Nov 29 2011 1:02 AM

ihartyou:

legend tee's starter clubs is almost impossible to break par and thats not because we dont have skill yeah better clubs that we choose to buy help but you have to have skill to ding and how long to play a shot and spin control etc.

abbey

I have been playing this game for a few months now and have steadily crept up the levels to 88 and am at master class, I have had to steadily buy better equipment to compensate for the longer tee's. I now have the best clubs available to me and am STILL having to struggle with my game. But I am loving the challenge. It doesn't matter what clubs you have you still have to master them. This is also true in the Real game. You can buy the best clubs available right from hack if you have the money to do so but you still have to learn how to use them to the best of your ability by practicing and seeking advice from better players. Why not have the chance of buying the best clubs that you can afford in this game right from the start and give every one a fighting start. The better your scores the higher you get up the tiers.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Tue, Nov 29 2011 5:12 AM

mantis0014:
    Not too late to start

Hi Roger. Cannot agree more with your post. At this time you have ams playing from red tees, armed with the most advanced equipment, and naturally, refusing to play ranked rounds. Been thinking about this and maybe this would help

Divide this site into 3 tiers. Tier one would be regular clubs users with no up grades. tier two would have players armed with some up grades, and tier 3 would be the player armed with the best equipment. Prior to playing, you would know what you are playing with

I will get a lot of heat for this, and I am used to the heat, but this whole sandbagging problem is at the feet of WGT. The continuing arming the players with upgrades, and then continuing to come out with more advanced upgrades only leads to the player trying to figure out a way to stay on top. I have refused to enter this arms race, knowing that like all arms races, it never ends. The scores started in the 70's a couple of years ago, and now we see them in the 50's, and I am sure next year will be in the 40's. Wgt is a corporation, and must show stock holders a profit. The sale of clubs and balls are a must, and in my humble view that is the problem. I am not saying that wgt is wrong, just saying that the progression of the sale of arms only leads to a bad result

s

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Tue, Nov 29 2011 6:23 AM

TeeWade...I didn't compare Iran to this game...I compared ignorant solutions to a problem with your solution. Not that hard to understand. I heard no mention in your post of a boycott , only that your solution to problems within skins games and ready-go's was  to stop playing them.  Which is as useless as the 2 (EXAMPLE) solutions in which I used. Which is why I used them. Getting it yet ? Sir , your choice of solution is in fact a NON-SOLUTION...still with me ? People are talking about FIXING a problem, not striking at WGT because the problem exists. Which is what you imply with your champagne income statement. SOLUTION TeeWade SOLUTION....understand  ? Has nothing to do with Iran or politics. I could have used a thousand different examples to simply say , "TeeWade , your "simple solution"  IS NOT A SOLUTION.  But I will however agree with one of your statements...It is indeed to damn funny sir. 

RSS