Forums

Help › Forums

sand baggers

Wed, Apr 18 2012 1:27 PM (64 replies)
  • Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 1:05 PM

A Legend player has the advantage over any other tier because of playing ability...no matter what the tee box or what equipment is used.  That's why the fairest matches are between Legends.  My concern is with lower tiers where Master or Tour Pros play one another...The first player, only because they have been here awhile, owns the best equipment available, while their opponent, who has only been here a short while, cannot.  If the first is in that tier solely because of playing ability so be it...but if they are sandbagging WGT has made it worse by letting them buy equipment based only on levels.  I know they need to make money and we can't fault them for that...all I ask is this issue be revisited.  In other words, some of the things that changed back in Sept of 2010 were for the better and some were not.  This issue must be revisited for the integrity of the game.     

My two cents...Joey

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 1:14 PM

Two cents well spent, Joey. It always comes down to the debate about equipment availability versus tier or levels. From what I can discern, WGT has decided that levels tied to equipment availability is better than tying it to tiers. There's arguments both way but IMO tying it to how much you play versus how good you are is not quite right.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 1:53 PM

i have read enuff about the latent idea that you do not know your skill level if you have better clubs.  HOGWASH!  many persons can not use better clubs as well as some other players, but i guarentee they do know thier limitations and play thier best, while at the same time pushing thier abilities..  there is always going to be that/those, persons who will excel in any given task, ANY!  for the rest of us, myself included it takes longer, try harder, look for better ways, etc.  whatever it takes.  then of course there are those among use who do not progress well.  they find it to be well beyo

x1524807:

piztaker:
    I got my clubs by doing surveys and offers, why can't you?

I have noticed  in these posts over the last year, nobody buys clubs, everybody gets them for free. It is amazing that WGT is still in business

If you gave me clubs for free, I would prefer to stay with regs. Maybe you can understand this. If you take vicotin for pain, you have no pain. If you buy clubs or get them for free, you do not know your skill. I play this game to improve skill level, and everyday I know if I am improving. The clubs disguise your game, you have no idea if it is clubs or skill. I have no desire to see a 60 score  by my name, but my enjoyment comes when I beat one of you who use those big clubs, and have a 63 avg by your name. That is the reason for playing, not to disguise your pain, to win with the pain

nd thier capabilities reguardless of circumstances, equipment, attitude, intellectual capacity, for any of these and others it is just to much.  of those some will adopt an attitude of, so what, i will play with those that i can compete with.  others will adopt the attitude of full speed ahead, damn the torpedoes, bring it on!  then we have the poor little me syndrom,  who can, but don't.  who could, but won't.  look at me i'm a pariah!  people of the higher levels, with only a few exceptions, are normal people with outstanding abilities for this video game.  most are aware of this distinction and will endevour to pass on thier knowledge, experience.  however, the recipient must be able to use it.  you may pick the type of person you are, or create a new one, i don't care.  although i am a firm member of full speed ahead, what else can i do school of participation, in, my opinion,   many of your entries are counterproductive to this game site.  usally need to be better thought out before posting.  a long nickles worth, hope it helps someone.

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 2:39 PM

Id rather play a legend than a pro or below. mostly because they wont quit after a bad shot and you can usually learn something. 

hey i have been acused of sandbagging but the people I play with know im not

• ihartyou
    692 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 4:57 PM

i think we need to go back to having better clubs unlocked as you move up in teirs how it used to be that way amatuers and pro's etc of lower teirs cant have top quility equipment like r11 drivers etc. (sorry i explained that pretty complicated but older players will understand)

abbey :)

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 5:25 PM

Joeyola:
    This issue must be revisited for the integrity of the game.     
    Agree...MUCH!

Ace

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 7:48 PM

• TheAceFactor
    2,147 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 8:57 PM

TeeWade:
    Simple solution:  Quit playing skins and RG's.
    OK ,  Iran has "Satan's brother for a president" , "they're building a bomb" , and  "our countries water supply is virtually polluted."  

Simple solution :  Build a bomb shelter and stop drinking water..Are you serious ?

Keep the suggestions coming people ,  umm , don't think the last one's gonna' work.

:  /

• nanstar
    4,914 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 11:46 PM

That would be president I'vehadmydinnerdad Ace...he's prolly a sandbagger too :)

RSS