Forums

Help › Forums

sand baggers

Wed, Apr 18 2012 1:27 PM (64 replies)
  • x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 8:32 AM

piztaker:
    I got my clubs by doing surveys and offers, why can't you?

I have noticed  in these posts over the last year, nobody buys clubs, everybody gets them for free. It is amazing that WGT is still in business

If you gave me clubs for free, I would prefer to stay with regs. Maybe you can understand this. If you take vicotin for pain, you have no pain. If you buy clubs or get them for free, you do not know your skill. I play this game to improve skill level, and everyday I know if I am improving. The clubs disguise your game, you have no idea if it is clubs or skill. I have no desire to see a 60 score  by my name, but my enjoyment comes when I beat one of you who use those big clubs, and have a 63 avg by your name. That is the reason for playing, not to disguise your pain, to win with the pain

• james271
    14 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 8:41 AM

x1524807:

NEVER ONCE has a pro, tour pro, master or legend said " I am sorry, this game is not fair, you use regular clubs, I have all these high powered clubs, so I will start again, and we will be fair and play with regular clubs. LOL,

why should we change our clubs to reg clubs just to make the game fair??   In my eyes the game is fair we have to hit from much further tee's than you and we also spent $$$ on our equiptment so i doubt very much that anyone is going to use starter equiptment when they have spent $$$ on better clubs NUFF SAID!!!!!!

j-271

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 9:08 AM

Fair enough, take care. Another thread ambushed. 

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 9:17 AM

Folks, there are sandbaggers out there, to be sure, but there are also lots of honest players who want and need the best equipment to compete in their tier. Just as some people reach legend after 200 rounds, there are those who are still at master after 2,000 -- even with burner irons and R11 drivers. The equipment CAN help, but not necessarily.... look at the stats. One person with x putter may have 1.5 putts per hole, another may have 1.8 and 9 percent 3 putts.... etc etc.

Playing with pain is not a great endorsement for starter clubs.... And buying clubs does not improve your skill level against other people with good clubs.

• LizzieRossetti
    1,545 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 9:24 AM

Well if I may be permitted to say, without prejudice that I have people I love on both sides here and it smarts a little to see you all fighting. One world, quite large, room enough for everyone.

Except blatant sandbaggers, the notion of which has put me off greatly, so much so that I no longer feel comfortable here and know that I am not alone.

Lizzie xx

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 11:47 AM

piztaker:

Fair enough, take care. Another thread ambushed. 

No. It was a decent discourse until YOU brought the past travails into it. If anybody sidetracked this discussion it was you. Either participate on topic or shut up.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 12:02 PM

edit:

Never mind

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 12:03 PM

YankeeJim:

Either participate on topic or shut up.

No need for rudeness Jim. :-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 12:36 PM

Fine. Replace "shut up" with " kindly refrain from opening your incendiary pie hole and please remain on topic."  OK?

And while we're at it, why not turn this topic into a pizzing match between the 2 of us? That would really sidetrack the topic. But then wouldn't you (we) be guilty of that which you perpetrated? 

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2011 12:48 PM

Whatever you say Jim, I'll leave you to it. I hope you feel better tomorrow.

RSS