Forums

Help › Forums

An etiquette question

Sat, Jan 14 2012 9:18 AM (43 replies)
  • HankSnow
    2 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2011 2:32 AM

Okay, I've been playing this game for about a couple of months, usually late at night after working late.  (Okay, sometimes during work.)

I've been trying to learn the web site's etiquette by observation, and I'm confused.

Mostly I've been playing Blitz, and I get it when people quit when they figure out they have no chance of winning.  I assume that's considered okay, but I haven't done it yet myself.

But when I'm in the middle of a particularly lucky game, and everyone else quits, that's okay?  It doesn't heighten the experience, for me at least.

Anyway, I'm here.  And I lose more often than I win.

Hi all.

• Dan55ATY
    37 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 7:14 AM
  • dosed
    71 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 4:48 PM

Yeah etiquette is pretty rare on this game. Some times you will run into golfers that play this because they truly enjoy golf. They will tend to treat it like it is golf and offer the same courtesy as on the course. These are usually players who are fairly good because they understand the many intricacies that occur with all the vriables that are in a swing. But a lot of the players on here have their average in an inverse relationship with their dick size. Average goes down dick size goes up. So they quit to keep their average low. These are the people that can only get a low score under certian conditions and everytime it doesnt go their way they quit. Also most of these people happen to not be able to read so they do not understand only your best rounds count towards your average. These are the same people that pad their handicap in real life. The ones looking for shortcuts. Oh and just a tip. Look out for the boys playing in tigers sunday reds. Not all but most tend to choke and quit. Kinda like Tiger.

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 5:55 PM

• whiteowl1
    1 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 6:55 PM

does any 1 think wgt that i think is magic. plus net work fails it a pitty cus i love it. hope they grt it fixed. thanks fellow glofers. plz let me know wat ya think ?

/

• Blade7658
    452 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 8:08 PM

There should be a penalty to quit. Of course they have to be able to determine disconnects from quits, but quitters should be penalized (or at the very least, we should see what percent of the time they don't finish).

• Premeirgolfer1
    5 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 8:21 PM

Ive even ask if the players are going to finish the round before we begin the game

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 9:17 PM

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2011 10:42 PM

Hi and welcome.

RSS