Forums

Help › Forums

2024 Andyson Memorial

Thu, Sep 19 2024 2:52 PM (757 replies)
  • JDGHOST
    6,886 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2024 4:12 AM

Ididy:

Good morning. ki am still struggling to set a match with Chookie15 but we have been communicating through messages on wgt and he just wont set a date whch i asked of him so that it can be convenient with our time zones,and he also takes 3 to 4 days to respond to wgt messages whch really makes it hard to communicate with him as well..i dont know what to do in this situation and today is the last day to get our match play in.

Hey Ididy 

So I assume your aware due to the current situation a few of us namely myself and Kasia (who are not the tourney organizers) are trying to help out till we hear different and keep the Matches and the Survivor going by keeping up with scoring and posting results etc....That said we don't really have the "authority" to make decisions  involving forfeits or DQ's... This is Mio's event to run he is the host and the one who put the work in so we could play and compete...Unfortunately, Mio is unavailable at this time....

It seems your in a similar situation as ChrisMason4, like you stated today is the deadline for BOTH Match play and stroke play to post results. 

I'll tell ya what...unless I hear different (or I get scolded) when the second round begins I will post 2nd round match ups with both you and Chris moving forward into round 2

• BlackBogey
    464 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2024 4:17 AM

RoggRR:

JDG and BB have posts at the 1st page. It would be great if they will moderate the lists and scores for Stroke and Match play, and put it in their posts on the 1st page .. .. all other useful infos are on the 1st page, and it is easier to check the scores and time data there.

Hope Mio and HP will be back soon.

I have been in contact with Mio and Kasia on Discord.  A few details:

Mio - I do not believe he will be coming back to the tournament, and out of respect to all parties that's really all I can say on the matter.  If that changes you'll be the first to know!

Kasia - Her and I have agreed to work together to keep the Stroke Survivor side going.  Her updated posts will be copied/pasted to my post on Page 1 later today in an effort to keep things all in one place as has been suggested.

I've also sent a FR to JDGhost on Discord in hopes we can all 3 work together as a team to keep things updated.  I'm already friends with HamdenPro, so when she gets back from vacation she is welcome to pitch in as much or as little as she wants to.

!!!***Just a final reminder to anyone who hasn't already played their match play Rd 1 or Stroke Play Rd 2, TODAY IS THE LAST DAY!!! *** 

For ChrisMason4 and Ididy, since you have both posted in here that you are trying to contact your opponents and not getting timely responses, Kasia and I are in agreement (pending input from JDGhost) that you should both advance if nothing is posted by this evening.

• BILLNPATTY
    1,170 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2024 4:56 AM
    08.04.24 Bethpage Black, Full 18 Tour Legend 63
  • TdotDoba
    2,254 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2024 6:14 AM

JDGHOST:

Ididy:

Good morning. ki am still struggling to set a match with Chookie15 but we have been communicating through messages on wgt and he just wont set a date whch i asked of him so that it can be convenient with our time zones,and he also takes 3 to 4 days to respond to wgt messages whch really makes it hard to communicate with him as well..i dont know what to do in this situation and today is the last day to get our match play in.

Hey Ididy 

So I assume your aware due to the current situation a few of us namely myself and Kasia (who are not the tourney organizers) are trying to help out till we hear different and keep the Matches and the Survivor going by keeping up with scoring and posting results etc....That said we don't really have the "authority" to make decisions  involving forfeits or DQ's... This is Mio's event to run he is the host and the one who put the work in so we could play and compete...Unfortunately, Mio is unavailable at this time....

It seems your in a similar situation as ChrisMason4, like you stated today is the deadline for BOTH Match play and stroke play to post results. 

I'll tell ya what...unless I hear different (or I get scolded) when the second round begins I will post 2nd round match ups with both you and Chris moving forward into round 2

One of the things that I love about our community is the willingness to jump in and help when needed. In time this will sort itself out and either Mio will be back or he will pass it on to someone. 

In the meantime, a big warm thanks to JD & Kasia for picking up the tasks, I'm moved with your sense of community and the fact that no one needed to ask you, you both saw a job that was needed and you stepped up to the plate and did it.

Vigorous golf clap and deep bow of respect.

I for one will stand behind you and help were needed.... 

With warm affection,

Dotty

• Ididy
    21 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2024 7:34 AM

my opponent Chookie15 gave me a bye and conceded the game to me.

• BlackBogey
    464 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2024 8:01 AM

I am leaving right now but should be back on the computer later this evening and will update the Stroke Play portion in my post on Page 1.  Mio has shared his master list with me and it will make it easier to track going forward.

@JDGhost - I also have the draws for the remainder of the Match Play portion I can share with you in Discord - FR has been sent, once you accept I can message you the sheet.

• kasia1967
    1,391 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2024 9:40 AM

Much appreciated by the kind words @Dotty @samspayed.. its just in my nature to step in if needed .Events like this is massive and if i can help in anyway i will .

i just thought something needed doing so i reacted as best i could ,i dont want praise this is for us all the community and to keep CEveretts  Memorial running  is all i set out to do ..with JDGHOST picking up the MP   im sure we still have a great tourney here to Finish an complete...On that note  Good Luck to all and Thank You !!

if im not needed plz speak out as i had no intentions on stepping on anyone shoes and i will continue to do so until not to .

The Survivor is up to date  and with just over 6 hours left a few are still to play ..Kiawah will be Next up.and if Jay  (  BlackBogey )can copy my updates to main page would be Great ..   

Still To Play  

Richie937     jefftodd70   benson179   KARTIKAYAN   borntobesting   

• JDGHOST
    6,886 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2024 10:00 AM

TdotDoba:

In the meantime, a big warm thanks to JD & Kasia for picking up the tasks, I'm moved with your sense of community and the fact that no one needed to ask you, you both saw a job that was needed and you stepped up to the plate and did it.

Vigorous golf clap and deep bow of respect.

I for one will stand behind you and help were needed.... 

With warm affection,

Dotty

Cheers Dotty,

Coming from  someone who puts in as much community work in as you do... I don't take your comments with a grain of salt. I second Kasia's sentiments and TY SamSpayed I responded (Discord) these events represent the better part of WGT which is in fact the community!  So, I'm honored and glad to help.

JD.

• TomCarioca
    324 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2024 10:00 AM

Thanks Kasia, Jay, JD  -  you keep this baby alive!

Bravo!

• jerseyjake72
    366 Posts
    Sun, Aug 4 2024 10:07 AM

Well done Kasia and Jay and Jd stepping up to help keep this great competition going 

RSS