Forums

Help › Forums

wgt making me legend has ruined me.

Wed, Dec 28 2011 3:01 PM (63 replies)
  • skccvb
    799 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2011 1:23 PM

Some folks seriously need to chill - lol. Personally, I have tried the 'auto clicker' program, not to use it during a game but rather to see what it is and how it works. Even if I could have figured it out, I would never use it - and fact is it is not worth trying to figure out - too complex, for one thing. Having said that, my game has most improved from learning that part of the skill of this game is NOT dinging every shot - on purpose. while most putts benefit from a 'ding' (if you read it correctly), sometimes a hard breaking putt must be purposely dinged farther right or left (depending on the line) to have a chance to go in - especially on say Oakmont. 

Further, if you are going to play well in high wind situations in particular, you MUST mis-ding the shot INTO the wind!! This eliminates the wild movement associated with hard cross winds. It also makes your shot more true to distance - and for drives, can add many yards, as the side-wind, hit INTO carries the ball farther. A side wind hit WITH the wind loses distance, and can land anywhere but where you want it to - exaggerates the wind movement the more you mis-hit WITH the wind. To score in the 50's you have to get a lot of approach shots within 1-3 yards. That is pretty precise - and if you cannot play the wind correctly, forget it.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2011 10:56 PM

DylynJ:
    It is funny though.. if you watch some of their "live streams".. they never show their taskbar. More relevant it seems that they purposefully hide it. So... the live streams prove nothing; except that people like to hide their taskbar so no one can see what other programs they're running. ;)

Get over yourself.

In your acute observations, didn't you notice:

1.  The mouse movements of the swing meter?

2.  The stopping of said swing meter?

3.  The lack of, and the instance of, "dings" and no dings?

Dang fine program they have that allows the to pretend  they are playing, while the "program" does it all.

• Hewsey
    1,957 Posts
    Thu, Dec 22 2011 11:57 PM

Dylyn:  After reading all these posts it struck me odd that you are sooo angry. You became a legend in only 187 ranked rounds Hmmmmm?? But having said that let's check out a few things, let's use Bollox as a point of reference shall we.

BOLLOX                                                                         DYLYN

291 yds                      AVERAGE DRIVE                         277 yds

11 feet                     AVERAGE DIST. TO THE PIN        15 feet

1.29                                 PUTTS PER ROUND                1.54

And ready for it  

3774                                   RANKED ROUNDS          187

Dylyn can you see a stat here that just jumps out at you????   I knew you could.I see on Bollox scores  32's  62's  and if you had looked you would have seen them too.I have shot 29's & 62's  so am I as good as Bollox? Nope.   Do I cheat?  Nope. I have around 600 ranked rounds I think so why should I expect to shoot the rounds these elite players shoot. Oh and one more thing if I play another 3000 rounds look out Bollox I'm coming for you!!  Oh wait never mind you'll have  6774 rounds  LOL  Dylyn  ease up it's just a game and a damn good one at that, enjoy it work and on your game the best you can.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Fri, Dec 23 2011 1:29 PM

greatwhitedale:

since wgt changed the way the tiers worked few years back, my time here is now done, i cant get a game with no one coz when i click join a game people see my status as legend,  why this puts people off i really dont know, i cant shoot anything better than 66ish,  i really dont know how i turned legend anyway, please tell me how i can get an average of 61  without shooting lower than 61, ???? when i went to school avg meant an avg score u shoot, so 61 was my avg so i musta been shooting 56 or lower?  pfffff ive shot 59 once and that was on practise mode on easy tees.     there is also so much variation in just the legend tier, there are legends like me who can only shoot on avg 64-66 on a good day, and those who shoot 54 -57's big big big diffrence  and we are all in same tier,  hmm come on guys wake up, thats like putting the amateurs with the tour masters.

Oh yeah? OH YEAH? So then I can rename this thread:

TEARS FOR TIERS

ha ha,,,ha hah hah ahahhahahahahahaha a         ahaahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

• HarleySlapper
    4 Posts
    Fri, Dec 23 2011 10:08 PM

Entertaining posts!

Personally, I love playing with folks of a higher skill level and go out of my way to do so..  Love the competition, the chance to learn, and quite frankly due to the above reasons, I usually play much better against them than I do against players who've practiced and played less!

It's been said:  "It's a nasty side effect of cheating that it makes you paranoid about being cheated on".

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Dec 23 2011 11:14 PM

DylynJ:
    I'm not going to elaborate, apologize, or whine. I'm not even going to take a stab back at you MBaggese.

What stab?

DylynJ:
    You discount what you don't understand.

No, in fact it is you who is discounting what you do not understand.

You can not understand how some can play at their current skill level.  You are discounting that they are actually as good as the scores they are posting.

Even if you were Bill Gates making the same posts, it would not hold water.

Have you ever played with any of the "elite" here?

Have you watched SunCity's video?

I have done both and can assure you good scores are NOT about putting the ball inside 10 feet of the hole, good scores are made with the putter.  I've watched these guys roll them in from 20 feet with consistency.

Please, with your vast background in Macro building technology, explain to all of us how the Marco lines up a 22 foot, double breaking putt with 6 feet of slide? Then again, maybe that's why Jake has such a shaky meter....too many macros running while playing WGT.

• Ecka65
    245 Posts
    Sat, Dec 24 2011 5:40 AM

Geez, you don't need a program to shoot low.  In this respect it is like real golf.  You need to play some good well thought out shots.  You need to know the course and how it behaves.  You need a bit of luck.  And you need to sink putts.

For me?  Some days I can't take a trick.  Timing is off, miss fairways by a smidge, over and under read putts, lip outs, forget the green "plays long" ect.  But other days I don't miss much at all.  Flick some shot about 8 yards from the pin and roll the putt in like it was a 2 footer.  Get great bounces (like off the path on 9 at Cong to setup eagle).

I have no doubt some players try to rort the game.  But I believe by far the most just play.  And the more you play the better you get.

RSS