Help › Forums

Legend's help needed to become a Legend

rated by 0 users
Sat, Dec 31 2011 2:15 PM (32 replies)
  • BaconButty
    116 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 8:20 AM

Legend's help needed to become a Legend

How do l work out the wind and how much back/top/ or no spin to put on the ball get the ball close to the flag consistently as my 3 to 7yds is to much each hole,  

Cheers

Baconbutty

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 1:05 PM

Don't know if this is the kind of help you are wanting to hear but it's how I did it.   I just practiced more long putts ,  honest.

But one way you could do it is to keep track of different shots and see their reaction on paper. 

For instance.  shoot with just one iron a few holes and write down distances, like....full backspin went this far with X amount of wind at X wind direction.   Then try it with no spin and then full topspin.  Maybe after a few different clubs you will start to see a pattern.

I always try to do this but run out of patience and just go back to playing by feel (and by feel, I mean feeling my fingers crossed  and hoping)

• BaconButty
    116 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 2:51 PM

hpurey:

Don't know if this is the kind of help you are wanting to hear but it's how I did it.   I just practiced more long putts ,  honest.

But one way you could do it is to keep track of different shots and see their reaction on paper. 

For instance.  shoot with just one iron a few holes and write down distances, like....full backspin went this far with X amount of wind at X wind direction.   Then try it with no spin and then full topspin.  Maybe after a few different clubs you will start to see a pattern.

I always try to do this but run out of patience and just go back to playing by feel (and by feel, I mean feeling my fingers crossed  and hoping)

Hi Thank you the message & your time.

Long Putts are a very big part of my game and l am happy with my putting as well as Driving. Ok something has just come to mind on a easy way to track different shots l will spend the next mouth with this and come back to, l will send you a friend invite see if we can set up a game.

All the Best

Baconbutty   

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 6:54 PM

Hi

There is no specific formula. Just have to know how each hole plays and whether you can do alot of bs on it. Also, try to hit a good shot and then remember what you hit so next time you are there, you can emulate it.

-wgticon

• lonnieskinner
    1,677 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 7:00 PM

You will have to play a lot more ranked rounds! 

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 7:10 PM

I certaintly don't know. My guess is that the formula is beyond just ave. score. Have you won anything? How well have you done in CTTH? It is way beyond playing St andys 9 hole rounds, over & over again to pad a absurd average.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 8:37 PM

A 3rd wedge and drop the Hybrid.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Wed, Dec 28 2011 9:45 PM

piztaker:

A 3rd wedge and drop the Hybrid.

^^^^^^ definitely,   no need for the hybrid as a Legend either if you have decent irons.   Can even get away with 4 wedges if you have the R11 irons.

• BaconButty
    116 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2011 1:33 PM

I am L75 and still a Pro. If the info Wgt gives for each hole is 100% true you would be right and l could easy work to your thinking. but time after time day after day the info Wgt give is not true and l end up with a lost round, a ball in the water or a lost ball, or just a short to the green.

96 Legend $2,599.68
    NMart23 lev96 Legend $2.559.68

Are you saying that this player is having the same problems as me, l don't think so do you?

• BaconButty
    116 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2011 1:58 PM

Hi. l can shot a 29 or a 61, or l can shot a 29&31 total 60. As a Pro and shot a 29 Wgt take me down to an of Average 58, 2 days later l shot 11 under for a full 18 and Wgt put me back up to 59.50, 2 days after this l shot 5 under on a back 9 Wgt put me up to 60.33. Why play any more ranked game only to have my average moved up?

Why play more Ranked games   

RSS