Forums

Help › Forums

Legend's help needed to become a Legend

rated by 0 users
Sat, Dec 31 2011 2:15 PM (32 replies)
  • BaconButty
    116 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2011 2:50 PM

Hi Sweetie. Your like me " l don't know" thats why l have asked. yes l have come once in a top 10 & twice in 100 but the return l got back & given the price balls to play, l don;t see any point playing any more.

playing St Andys has been good for me and yes l have played it over&over its my practice ground. l don't just hit a driver of the tee, l play a flop shot over &over&over from the tee till l reach the green. l chip onto the green away from the flag then putt back to the flag then putt away then putt back and so on. out of a full 18 hole round l have 9/10/11 shots!! on each hole to play with.

Befor l go and pad a absued your time, some of my rounds have been played off Champion Tees.

Baconbutty  

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Thu, Dec 29 2011 9:20 PM

It's a game, you play for the enjoyment. The best thing about this one is that it continues to get harder as you progress, it's not like some computer games that if you get stuck you look up a cheat to solve the problem. Practise is the only answer to most of your problems.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2011 9:16 AM

BaconButty:
    Why play any more ranked game only to have my average moved up?

This happens because the scores used to figure your average are the latest ones you shoot. When you post a score it bumps the last one in line out of the equation. The number or rounds used to be 14 with the 4 worst thrown out, something like that but that was a while ago. IDK what it is now but eventually, after a certain number of ranked rounds (nobody is sure how many) this will stop happening and your average will start dropping with every average or below average round you shoot.

• BaconButty
    116 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2011 11:21 AM

YankeeJim:

BaconButty:
    Why play any more ranked game only to have my average moved up?

This happens because the scores used to figure your average are the latest ones you shoot. When you post a score it bumps the last one in line out of the equation. The number or rounds used to be 14 with the 4 worst thrown out, something like that but that was a while ago. IDK what it is now but eventually, after a certain number of ranked rounds (nobody is sure how many) this will stop happening and your average will start dropping with every average or below average round you shoot.

l hope your right about this!!! as l have just been moved back upto 62.25? 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2011 11:34 AM

BaconButty:

You have a ways to go before it stabilizes. That 29 you shot in your first round as a Pro put you at 58.0.  LOL-you ain't getting back there any time soon. The 61 you shot next bumped it up, the 31 after that still bumped it and your 34 bumped it again. See a pattern yet?

Just shoot your game and don't worry about the average. It will wind up settling at what your real average is and that isn't going to be 58.  :-)

• mel1950
    2,887 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2011 12:17 PM

I don't know if any-one has mentioned this yet but your average will ONLY get better if you play RANKED games. Practice games, as far as i am aware, do not count towards your average score. I think you have only 19 ranked games played. Try playing more and see what happens. Practice is great but you have to put it to use.

MEL1950

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2011 1:10 PM

Playing ranked games or stroke tournaments, which count as ranked games, is the only way to elevate tiers.  If you want to be Legend, ranked games is the only way to get there.

• Glossopade
    518 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2011 1:42 PM

SweetiePie:

I certaintly don't know. My guess is that the formula is beyond just ave. score. Have you won anything? How well have you done in CTTH? It is way beyond playing St andys 9 hole rounds, over & over again to pad a absurd average.

SweetiePie hits a nerve with me, big time! I go on the Forum regularly and I'm aware that she is truly a Legend, amongst Legends and always talks complete sense.

Only starting this game on September 11th, ( you don't forget a date like that ) I have made some fantastic friends on here, who have been very generous to me ( 12 Months out of work ) and I have recently been promoted to Master, which in my opinion, was far too soon. My confidence is now 'shot to bits' as I try to claw back the average, that went from 68 to 76 overnight !

If she invited me to play tomorrow, I would be truly honoured. If she asked me to play St Andrews, 9 hole rounds, then I'd probably have a go.... and hope I didn't make too much of a cretin of myself. If however, she asked me to play a CTTH challenge, then I would ignore the invite and pretend I was in the toilet, because I know that I can't, because I'm rubbish at it, as a Master !

The case rests for SweetiePie !

• BaconButty
    116 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2011 2:55 PM

YankeeJim:

BaconButty:

You have a ways to go before it stabilizes. That 29 you shot in your first round as a Pro put you at 58.0.  LOL-you ain't getting back there any time soon. The 61 you shot next bumped it up, the 31 after that still bumped it and your 34 bumped it again. See a pattern yet?

Just shoot your game and don't worry about the average. It will wind up settling at what your real average is and that isn't going to be 58.  :-)

Hi Yankeejim Thank You for you Time. The pattern l see now is l can't play evey cours the same after all l am not a real Pro, what l can do is play this or that cours very well and in ranked/tournament games l must only play on these courses, l can get all the stats l need to move up to what ever Tier l pick. For me to shot a 29 again is only a short time away, For me to shot a 61 again on Best of WGT again is only!!!. l now know what l need to do. Your right my friend 58 it may not be, It may be lower before l am a Master.

Kind Regards Baconbutty   

• BaconButty
    116 Posts
    Fri, Dec 30 2011 3:03 PM

mel1950:

I don't know if any-one has mentioned this yet but your average will ONLY get better if you play RANKED games. Practice games, as far as i am aware, do not count towards your average score. I think you have only 19 ranked games played. Try playing more and see what happens. Practice is great but you have to put it to use.

MEL1950

Yes Mel. your 100% right.....not bad stats tho for only 19 ranked games played then l put that down to the practice l have done. l will play more lets have a game.

Best Regards

Baconbutty

RSS