Forums

Help › Forums

About Ranks

Thu, Feb 16 2012 10:46 AM (84 replies)
  • JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 6:36 AM

Having said that... I fail to see what the difference is if you aren't playing for anything anyway.  Might as well play for nothing at Legend as quickly as you can get there so you learn the tier, learn the courses from the tees, etc.

So, through your current modus operandi, you are either a sand-bagger, or you are actually stunting your progress by playing less difficult courses (all courses are 'less-difficult' when played from the forward tees.

Thus, not only is your advice unsavory, smacking of a lack of integrity, but it's also just plain bad advice.

• liam91
    3,130 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 8:45 AM

i think everyone is wasting they're time on this one....there is only 1 sane person in the asylum

• ricky8599
    12 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 9:39 AM

ive read all these post with interest and ive got to be honest, i'm totally lost with most of the conversations going on. i'm not sure i understand the whole sandbagging thing and i can't' through reading players comments, work out  exactly how people do it. maybe somebody can enlighten me. if i try and understand it i get confused and maybe think, i also

am playing the ranked rounds wrong. 

can somebody please look at my scores and point me in the right direction?

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 12:18 PM

Milfshake:

Your not even on subject and your telling me Ima child..  Your a grown ass man talking about life in a golf thread about Ranks.. 

Did your wife not allowe you the TV remote last night? Got stuck watching Lifetime.. again....... 

Fall back, Son.

*DJ Request* Everyday they will test you.

Since your prefrontal cortex is to undeveloped to allow you to grasp the lessons of ethics, morality and sportsmanship that well-spoken people here are trying to impart, maybe you can take away a bit of improved language skills.

Again, "your" is possessive, like my, his, hers, etc., while what you need here is the contraction "you're." Therefore, your first sentence is something like: "My not even on subject ... hers a grown ass man."

Sounds pretty stupid, huh?

Now, "everyday" is an adjective, meaning ordinary, usual, commonplace etc.; every_day means each day, or all days. 

So your last statement is -- *DJ request* mundane they will test you ... which I think you have to admit sounds pretty retarded.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 1:17 PM

ricky8599:

ive read all these post with interest and ive got to be honest, i'm totally lost with most of the conversations going on. i'm not sure i understand the whole sandbagging thing and i can't' through reading players comments, work out  exactly how people do it. maybe somebody can enlighten me. if i try and understand it i get confused and maybe think, i also

am playing the ranked rounds wrong. 

can somebody please look at my scores and point me in the right direction?

WHat do you want instructions on how to sandbag? Or how 'not' to sandbag? Just play ranked rounds & post the best score that you can, or maybe that isn't as fun as screwing people out of their money idk.

• ricky8599
    12 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 3:06 PM

sorry,

ive re-read my comment and realise it's not very clear. i want to make sure i avoid sandbagging..hence the comment about somebody looking at my scores and making sure i'm not doing it.

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 3:16 PM

ricky8599:

sorry,

ive re-read my comment and realise it's not very clear. i want to make sure i avoid sandbagging..hence the comment about somebody looking at my scores and making sure i'm not doing it.

No, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to infer that you had sandbagging idea's or anything like that.

I understand the paranoia, it's like I said, if  a persons stats reflect their ability, their stats will reflect that so I would not worry about the wgt detectives.

I wish I had only done Blitz, closest to the whole & only practice rounds when I first signed up here. Level up to 90 & maintain a 80. ave. & remain a tour pro lmao. But, like a dumbass, I turned in ranked rounds and didn't play much AS or closest to the hole. I could have been driving every green against my opponents & shooting like a 55 every round. oh well. But then I stop and think, 'nah, i don't like when some sandbagger shallacks my azz in a match so' i rebuke the thought lol.

I don't really give 2 shyts from shinola what anyone says about me on these forums quite frankly., sorry folks.

• alosso
    21,060 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 3:26 PM

BubbaCrusher007:
    Just play ranked rounds & post the best score that you can, or maybe that isn't as fun as screwing people out of their money idk.
    'nuff said ;)

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Mon, Feb 13 2012 3:51 PM

Play whatever you like... if you like blitz or alt shot, great; spend your time playing those. just play some ranked rounds... if you don't like playing alone in the free tournaments or cc comps, play stroke play with friends once in a while. 

• Milfshake
    1,260 Posts
    Tue, Feb 14 2012 8:33 AM

My AVG is 65.. That screams Sandbagging.

Wouldnt a sandbagger have an AVG of like say 150... then shoot 65s for the big BUCKS? 

If not whats that called? 

RSS