Help › Forums

Off with it I say!

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 29 2012 9:12 PM (35 replies)
  • sdorr
    650 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2012 10:08 AM

MioKontic:
    wearing a helmet does not stop accidents happening.

CORRECT YOU ARE SIR.

It may be that throbing member exposed to the elements that puts your eye out whilst viewing the above mentioned very nice distraction.

Granpa, always wise, said it is better to ride with both hands on the bars and let the touchy feeling crap left to the mechanics who know there nuts and bolts.

• jimwade35
    480 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2012 10:11 AM

MioKontic:

jimwade35:
    How do you post pictures to here or to your blog page....tried copy and paste but does't work?

You first have to upload to a image hosting site like Imageshack or Tinypic, then use the Insert Media button on the toolbar when you're writing your post/blog.  Use need to use the Direct Link from the image hosting site.

don't mean to be a pest........why when i do thid i get a box with a red  x  ?

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2012 10:18 AM

jimwade35:

don't mean to be a pest........why when i do thid i get a box with a red  x  ?

jimwade:

1. COPY the web address of the picture or video you want to display.

2. click the little film strip looking icon above where you are typing

3. PASTE the address in the box that pops open

4. size it as you see fit (I usually use 450 for pictures and 480 for videos and width is basically the only one you need to worry about)

5. when you are done, click insert and viola!!!

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2012 10:24 AM

MioKontic:

MioKontic:
    Here in the UK you'd be stopped and fined if you rode like that.

Without a helmet I mean, not for showing your a***!!!  Although I dare say you'd be stopped for that too and particulars taken.

Just one thing, the statement in the picture isn't quite right - wearing a helmet does not stop accidents happening.

Ha. It was just something I had seen on the internet a while ago, so I googled it. I always try to remember my family background. You mentioned motorcycles, so it fit both. Hopefully it made your day!

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2012 10:56 AM

FrankSins:

MioKontic:

MioKontic:
    At the end of this month the stabilisers come off my bike.

RESTRICTOR, I meant restrictor.  (Maybe no one will notice that deliberate mistake).

It will be two years since I passed my bike test and so the restrictor can come off.  And from then on my 600cc 50bhp bike will be like... well, like the WGT meter in RPM mode I guess.  It's currently restricted to 33bhp and still leaves most cars standing, so bring on the F1's!

I believe the word you are looking for is 'governor'

def: 5. A feedback device on a machine or engine that is used to provide automatic control, as of speed, pressure, or temperature.

Apples and Oranges!

Restrictors Limit the amount of Fuel/Air mixture that passes into the manifold thereby limiting the amount of HORSEPOWER an engine can produce.

A Governor just limits how many RPM an engine can produce not the amount of HP

I guess if you guys had NASCAR there you would know!

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2012 11:21 AM

DannyPhan:

Apples and Oranges!

Restrictors blah blah blah HORSEPOWER blah blah blah.

A Governor blah blah blah

blah blah blah NASCAR blah blah blah!

Is it wrong that all I could read was the above? LMAO

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2012 11:31 AM

IvaThongon:

DannyPhan:

Apples and Oranges!

Restrictors blah blah blah HORSEPOWER blah blah blah.

A Governor blah blah blah

blah blah blah NASCAR blah blah blah!

Is it wrong that all I could read was the above? LMAO

LMAO Iva, Sounds like an old Country song.....

How can something so Wrong feel so Right.

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2012 12:14 PM

IvaThongon:

For Mio:

Stay safe!!! 

They hold a Black Bike week here in South Carolina in Myrtle Beach......Talk about a blast and dayyyuummmm the scenery is just off the chain!!!  Luv them big butts  hehehe

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2012 1:07 PM

TeeWade:

They hold a Black Bike week here in South Carolina in Myrtle Beach......Talk about a blast and dayyyuummmm the scenery is just off the chain!!!  Luv them big butts  hehehe

HAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Fri, Feb 10 2012 1:15 PM

Yesterday afternoon I was walking and holding hands with my wife. I let go of her hand to get my phone and take this picture. She immediately slapped me in the face and wouldn't talk to me the rest of the day. But let's be honest...it's not every day you see a dog driving a car down the street.

RSS