Forums

Help › Forums

Off with it I say!

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 29 2012 9:12 PM (35 replies)
  • MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2012 4:45 AM

For those who are reading this thread thinking items of clothing, no!

At the end of this month the stabilisers come off my bike.

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2012 4:55 AM

MioKontic:
    At the end of this month the stabilisers come off my bike.

RESTRICTOR, I meant restrictor.  (Maybe no one will notice that deliberate mistake).

It will be two years since I passed my bike test and so the restrictor can come off.  And from then on my 600cc 50bhp bike will be like... well, like the WGT meter in RPM mode I guess.  It's currently restricted to 33bhp and still leaves most cars standing, so bring on the F1's!

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2012 8:09 AM

MioKontic:
    so the restrictor can come off.

I hope you do not put an eye out.

Not specifically yours mind you, but the spectators watching an old fart (you) flying down the street with his bike completely out of control due to the removal of one said "restrictor" (note, I do not believe that restrictor is actually a word. One may "restrain", be "restrained" by a "restraint" to "restrict" one from the "restricted" area which is now under "restriction. Only Lizzie can restricther. Now that I dwell on it, this new word has gender possibilities. The male would be "restrictor", the female would be "resticther), hanging on for dear life.

Think of others first, my friend. A quick turn of the head by an unsuspecting bystander to see a bloody fool, right into an umbrella. POP, there goes an eye. OUCH!

Now, please go and have a nice day.

• MioKontic
    4,644 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2012 8:38 AM

Funny you should say that Sdorr, because at time of writing I did wonder about it myself.  I even contemplated 'restricter' but decided that was most definitely wrong.  I did also thrash about with the idea of 'bike restriction kit', but once again it didn't appeal.  So 'restrictor' it was.  And anyway, isn't one who or what restricts a restrictor?

Type 'bike restrict' into Google and you will come up with a multitude of pages for 'Bike Restrictor Kit'.  So, even if it is not an official word, it most definitely is used in the biking world.

With regards to knocking someone down, I was told the more the merrier.  And you get double points if it's an old 'un.  No?

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2012 8:54 AM

MioKontic:
    With regards to knocking someone down, I was told the more the merrier.  And you get double points if it's an old 'un.  No?

I was told, by someone, that you get double miles for an "old un" and triple miles for those "appointed" in electronic type chairs.

just saying

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2012 9:44 AM

And here I thought you were taking off your training wheels ;)

On topic:  NASCAR does run restrictor plates under the carbs. 

• sdorr
    650 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2012 10:28 AM

MBaggese:

Someone who knows it all!

Thank YOU!

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2012 2:23 PM

MBaggese:

And here I thought you were taking off your training wheels ;)

And the dam things have gotten even smaller  :(

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2012 2:37 PM

sdorr:

MioKontic:

I was told, by someone, that you get double miles for an "old un" and triple miles for those "appointed" in electronic type chairs.

just saying

Can I have some of those points. 1989 Electra Glide Classic with 28,000 miles, used only for midnight deliveries. LoL.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Feb 9 2012 2:55 PM

RSS