Forums

Help › Forums

Racist in our midst..........

Fri, Feb 17 2012 8:19 AM (79 replies)
  • JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2012 8:02 PM

Just an aside, somewhat off topic...

I and a former friend were playing an alt shot against two gentlemen when I used the term '*snicker*', meaning a small chuckle, etc. in American English.  One of these gentlemen was dark-skinned (African-Australian?) from Australia, and apparently, according to this fellow, 'snicker' is a derogatory racist term in Australia, as this gentleman became quite angry and insulting toward myself and my partner, thinking because he had a dark-skinned avatar we were directing a racial epithet at him.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2012 9:08 PM

TurkishTerror:

lee22sharon:
    Yet another attempt to change the world on a GOLF game site, a wonderment.  my nickle.

F!*& your nickles.......my nickle

You attempted to take me on before, you failed then,  you will fail agin.  I'm using Your Nickle.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2012 9:18 PM

oldstir:  I did not say what to post where.  I did point out that makeing these type of entries on a Golf game site seems to me to be counter productive.  The title of this window is,  and you are correct, and everything else.  I still can not see that trying to educate the world about any kind of "izum" or any religious beleifs are lost on this site.  I do not use a dictionary, spell check as the majority of those who may read my entries are not ex english teachers.  They could care less, as long as it is understandable.  my nickle.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2012 9:30 PM

TheAceFactor:  It is unfortunate that i always do think before i make an entry on a forum page.  You feel as tho i violated your space by making an entry of your wall,  Hmmm, not really sorry for that as I thought to give credit where credit is due, and ask a question that in my mind had nothing to do with this forum entry.  However in your opinion i besmeerched your wall with my post.  You have already deleted it therefore i do/can not withdraw it.  I am still of the opinion that your poem? is untimely and quite unnecessary, no matter where it is posted.  Such a waste of time and effort if you are the author?  which is what i had asked in my posting on your wall, did you write it? or are you useing someone elses' intellrctual property without giving due credit?  A simple yes or no will suffice.  my nickle.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2012 9:39 PM

lee22sharon:
    I did not say what to post where.

Yes ya did Lee...something along the lines of "don't post this on a Golf site"

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2012 11:33 PM

MBaggese:

lee22sharon:

If Isaid it I can't find it.  If you bring me to task you must first qoute it correctly in whole.  If you care to point it out to me i will reexamine it and take what ever action necessary.  Your Nickle.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2012 11:52 PM

JaLaBar:

Just an aside, somewhat off topic...

I and a former friend were playing an alt shot against two gentlemen when I used the term '*snicker*', meaning a small chuckle, etc. in American English.  One of these gentlemen was dark-skinned (African-Australian?) from Australia, and apparently, according to this fellow, 'snicker' is a derogatory racist term in Australia, as this gentleman became quite angry and insulting toward myself and my partner, thinking because he had a dark-skinned avatar we were directing a racial epithet at him.

I'm a dark skinned Aussie, born in Sri Lanka and in this country 46 yrs now and I haven't heard of this myself. I wouldn't worry about too much. I sometimes use the words 'Snicker or Snickering' as you said 'having a chuckle'... Just thinking though..

A 'Snicker' is a Chocolate Bar in Australia.. Many moons ago there was a problem with people calling dark skinned people 'Mars Bars' , which also is a chocolate bar....maybe it's something to do with that, don't know....  I can just see people reading this having a little Chuckle too....lol... 

These are the days we have to be careful at what we say, I know that somethings, we Aussies say in the forums mean totally something else in another country.

I'm not really fussed about little words like that...lol.

What the OP alerted us about the 'N' word that was used ....Should Never Be Tolerated

Cheers

Roger

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Feb 16 2012 12:59 AM

lee22sharon:
    Yet another attempt to change the world on a GOLF game site, a wonderment.  my nickle.

You are a butthead Lee...what you had said before was in this quote.

But now that you edited it...well, we all see what type of person you really are.

Put a few pennies up your ass, pray the nickels will fall...you have lost any meager credibility you had.

At this point forward, you ramble with no meaning whatsoever.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Feb 16 2012 1:01 AM

lee22sharon:

MBaggese:

lee22sharon:

If Isaid it I can't find it.  If you bring me to task you must first qoute it correctly in whole.  If you care to point it out to me i will reexamine it and take what ever action necessary.  Your Nickle.

See above, editing your response after the fact show your true colors.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Feb 16 2012 1:03 AM

lee22sharon:
    I did point out that makeing these type of entries on a Golf game site seems to me to be counter productive.  T

No Lee, what you said in you quote to Ace (that you have since edited) was "don't post...blah, blah, blah"

Used to have an agreement with your writings in the past, but now you've lost any credibility  with those who have read what you wrote.

RSS