Forums

Help › Forums

Racist in our midst..........

Fri, Feb 17 2012 8:19 AM (79 replies)
  • GIMMMEEE
    224 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 7:22 PM

.. Would be nice if the world was perfect,, but it aint.......  a 'so called' British lass passed on a racial comment to a player in my group in a 'Blitz' game 2 days back that was not only downright disgraceful but unprovoked.......

I have reported the remark n others she made towards this chap to WGT, but as yet they have yet to ban her/it.. .. I will give it a few more days before I quit the site due to her remarks n lack of action........

I shant name her, those who know of the show 'Bewithched' , Elizabeth Mongomery's character she played (full christian name), n it was from '31' years ago I think, maybe not........

I'm not one to play here n not cop a remark, sometimes its humorous n sometimes its not, but to refer to a 'Black' human as a Niggxx is just beyond me, n if there is no action I wont be associated with such a site.. .. that said I do trust that WGT will act promptly against this individual.. ..  thus relieving us of one less racist on the site.......

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 7:37 PM

GIMMMEEE:
    that said I do trust that WGT will act promptly against this individual.. ..  thus relieving us of one less racist on the site...

I personally commend you for turning this player in to WGT. Not only does this sport not need such vile words spoken to any person because of race, religion, color, or creed, but it should not be spoken by any person anywhere in the world, period.

WGT does take these incidences very seriously Gimmmeee, and will take action on this player. Right now, WGT is experiencing a high volume of e-mails and have assured their members that WGT is doing all they can to answer everyone's e-mails in the order they receive them.

• GIMMMEEE
    224 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 7:59 PM

.. I'm sure they'll catch up with her/it Richard.. .. anyone needing confirmation of this piece of gutter trash check out a profile 'YALIERL', his 'Wall Post' should explain where I'm coming from....

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 8:02 PM

Gimmmeee... have you written on her wall to let her know how distasteful and wrong the comments were?  Ask her for an apology and ask her to post that apology to the chap's wall.  Give her a chance to acknowledge she was wrong and to mend her ways.  What would Martin Luther King do?

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 8:06 PM

I just took a screenshot of that profile. I'll be sending it to WGT in the morning. Be sure to capture a screenshot anytime you see anything like this, if you know how. And when you send a e-mail to WGT with your findings, be sure to add the name "WGTsky" in the subject line.

I guarantee this person will be history the second WGT gets this evidence.

• GIMMMEEE
    224 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 8:11 PM

Doublemochaman:

Gimmmeee... have you written on her wall to let her know how distasteful and wrong the comments were?  Ask her for an apology and ask her to post that apology to the chap's wall.  Give her a chance to acknowledge she was wrong and to mend her ways.  What would Martin Luther King do?

I'm tempted to write on her wall, but my words would not be becoming to say the least.. .. 'an apology' to me you say, nup, just kick her/its ass to the curb will suffice........  She's offended all of us, she has no rights here for her/its attitude...........

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 8:46 PM

It's he said/she said without proof. It's too late now but in the future if you hit PRTSCR you can copy the offensive chat to notepad and you'll have something to show WGT. That they will respond to.

• DrivingMissRosie
    130 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 11:41 PM

YankeeJim:
    It's he said/she said without proof. It's too late now

No its not Mr Yankee

I have taken a screenshot of what the offending player has posted on someone's wall, and I have posted on HER wall that she remove that and replace it with a sincere apology, or my screenshot goes to WGT.

Sometimes, people have to have the initiative to act, rather than complain in here, and THAT Sir, is not aimed at anyone in particular.

You want action? You CAUSE it...you don't just sit back on your laurels and wait for it to happen...and THAT Sir, is also not aimed at anyone in particular.

Just a general observation from someone who is interested in the WGT forums.

Rosie the Raving Redhead! (sometimes...lol)

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Feb 12 2012 11:56 PM

Your point Rosie?

RSS