Forums

Help › Forums

Am i a cheater and a sandbagger

Sun, Feb 26 2017 12:55 AM (80 replies)
  • Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2012 7:59 AM

Aphysan:

I have played every sort of golf game going ie TW...Links Golf....Prostroke Golf and a few other ones. Just about three weeks ago i began my journey as an Hack with WGT.

i made up my mind from the very start that i would equip myself with the best clubs and balls that each level allowed me. I also took full advantage of the level boosters. Up to press i have spent over £130. Playing from the tees, and the green speed of an Hack, a Pro, and even a Tour Pro, i did not find it so difficult. All my previous experience about how to play the wind and green breaks helped me, and of course the better clubs. now that i have reached Master the game is much more of a challenge

From day three i started getting messages calling me a cheater and a sandbagger and the increase is getting worse.What makes it even more annoying is that these insulting messages come from people that i have never played a game with.

I joined a CC a week ago, and because three people had accused me of being a cheat on my wall post, i was booted out. The owner of the CC even stated that he found it hard to believe that i could have posted some of my scores in such a short time.

Anybody can look at my score history and see that i have never played a Match Play,.alternate shot, or Skins game. The only games i have played where credits have been involved have been some WGT ready-go games, and i have never won one.

So i ask you, what benefit am i getting, if I'm cheating. And why would a so called sandbagger be trying to reach legend so fast.

I have read a load of stuff in the main forum about the low scores that legends get in tournaments, and that they must be cheating. And quiet rightly, plenty of people come out and defend them. Well why cant somebody starting out be good at this game and post good scores.

I have nothing to hide, and I'm certainly not ashamed that there is at least one thing i can play well enough to have got certain players so jealous and upset that they feel the need to insult me 

Welcome to "The Inconsiderate Zone" or WGT Twilight Zone; take your pick? :)  A forum where adult-aged boys and girls act like juveniles hurling insults at one another and posting hate rhetoric on members' walls just because they can?

That's It - in a nutshell and that's what you've bought into here.  Sorry but we've all gone through it and it will never stop unless WGT abolishes the Forum and the Open Wall features and sticks to Private Messaging for All members and just let's people have fun playing golf?  Of which the odds of that happening are slim to nil?  I've even received a possible death threat for which WGT did nothing about; so consider yourself lucky you're just getting the 'normal' hate rhetoric. :)  I'm sick and tired of it too and I'm sure many other members are as well but apparently WGT is proud of their current system and could care less about the rampant hate-mongering?  So I guess they prefer to pay staff to waste hundreds of hours monitoring all the hate posts and screenshots sent to them, rather than simply putting a stop to it?  But like the adage says: "you get what you pay for".  Hope you enjoy your stay here but it's been the same before and since I joined and probably always will be?  Kind regards.

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2012 9:54 AM

I don't think you're a cheater and you certainty are not sandbagging.

However since you asked, your score history does hint at someone with prior experience playing WGT.

I too have played all the "other" golf games and my first 9 hole rounds here were somewhere in the high 40s or low 50s.

It is not common for someone without prior knowledge of this game to score under par on their first games...

I've played this game since last June (not that I am a great player by any means) and in less than 2 weeks you have a better avg than I.

For now I will take you at your word and congratulate you on your rapid rise to Master.

Danny

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2012 11:22 AM

YankeeJim:
    Cheeznuts is one thing (Hpurey-LOL) but going looking for possible subjects of multiple ID abuse is getting a bit tiresome. Give these new players credit for their efforts and get off the multiple ID/cheating bandwagon. You can't do anything about it anyway.

For some reason the Cheez____'s have a thing for bugging me.  Time to let it go,  just a quick click on the deny friend invites and move on.  

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2012 11:41 AM

DannyPhan:

I don't think you're a cheater

Well how can he cheat anyway, duh? :)  The WGT computer cannot lie.  So unless you are highly skilled computer programmer hacker and hacked your scores into the system, it's impossible to cheat isn't it? :)  And/or unless a person has Inside connections with the owners of WGT and they are making 'specialized' equipment for them which no other members can ever get and WGT is also providing them with secret Internal knowledge about how to use that "specialized' equipment", so that every tee shot or approach shot is guaranteed to land within 5 feet of the pin; the discussion of "cheating" is redundant.

I find it far more hard to believe that Anyone has shot a Perfect 18 under par without insider WGT manipulation and if true, "that" would certainly be called cheating.  I'm not saying it's impossible because there are definitely some people that have seemingly supernatural skills and can shoot rounds of under 60 with no trouble at all.  But I certainly don't have to believe it's true that someone has shot a Perfect 18 under par

Until I see it with my own eyes one day, I choose not believe this has ever been accomplished whether they have the scorecard to show for it or not because WGT could easily manufacture a phony scorecard for anyone too, couldn't they?

Lastly, I think the Top 1000 or so Money-makers should have their own separate Tier and not be allowed to enter any of the current Tournaments because it's practically guaranteed that one of "them" wins Every Time.  Likewise, the Top 1000 or so with the lowest averages should also have their own separate Tier and not be allowed to enter any of the current Tournaments because it's practically guaranteed that one of "them" wins Every Time too.  Which is why I'll never play another tournament and until the Playing Field is made more equal.

Give these hotshot money-makers and low-average members their own Tournaments and make "them" compete against each other.  Then it would be more fair and fun for the remaining perhaps 90% of members and they might want to enter more Tournaments more often?  Which would also generate more revenue for WGT and give many other normal players a chance to win once in a while.  But again, the odds of that happening are slim to nil?

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2012 12:40 PM

Sorry to bust your bubble,  but WGT just had a tournament on 02/29/2012 for Legends only at Cabo with some great prizes.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2012 12:42 PM

Oldstir... are you a conspiracy theorist?  Go to thedeviations.com and watch a video of Bollox playing a round.  Then you'll have seen it with your own eyes.  But look out for shadowy figures on the grassy knolls of Bethpage.

• IH8kidz
    907 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2012 1:51 PM

Oldstir:

DannyPhan:

I don't think you're a cheater

Well how can he cheat anyway, duh? :)  The WGT computer cannot lie.  So unless you are highly skilled computer programmer hacker and hacked your scores into the system, it's impossible to cheat isn't it? :)  And/or unless a person has Inside connections with the owners of WGT and they are making 'specialized' equipment for them which no other members can ever get and WGT is also providing them with secret Internal knowledge about how to use that "specialized' equipment", so that every tee shot or approach shot is guaranteed to land within 5 feet of the pin; the discussion of "cheating" is redundant.

I find it far more hard to believe that Anyone has shot a Perfect 18 under par without insider WGT manipulation and if true, "that" would certainly be called cheating.  I'm not saying it's impossible because there are definitely some people that have seemingly supernatural skills and can shoot rounds of under 60 with no trouble at all.  But I certainly don't have to believe it's true that someone has shot a Perfect 18 under par

Until I see it with my own eyes one day, I choose not believe this has ever been accomplished whether they have the scorecard to show for it or not because WGT could easily manufacture a phony scorecard for anyone too, couldn't they?

Lastly, I think the Top 1000 or so Money-makers should have their own separate Tier and not be allowed to enter any of the current Tournaments because it's practically guaranteed that one of "them" wins Every Time.  Likewise, the Top 1000 or so with the lowest averages should also have their own separate Tier and not be allowed to enter any of the current Tournaments because it's practically guaranteed that one of "them" wins Every Time too.  Which is why I'll never play another tournament and until the Playing Field is made more equal.

Give these hotshot money-makers and low-average members their own Tournaments and make "them" compete against each other.  Then it would be more fair and fun for the remaining perhaps 90% of members and they might want to enter more Tournaments more often?  Which would also generate more revenue for WGT and give many other normal players a chance to win once in a while.  But again, the odds of that happening are slim to nil?

Well,listen. I'm sure not one of "them", but I nearly shot 18 under from the Legend tees on St Andrews. I think my avg at the time was around 64. I had 16 birdies, and the ones I didn't hole were makeable. In addition, I didn't make an eagle on any hole, which could have taken my score lower.

It can happen, any given day.

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2012 2:17 PM

Aphysan:

I have played every sort of golf game going ie TW...Links Golf....Prostroke Golf and a few other ones. Just about three weeks ago i began my journey as an Hack with WGT.

i made up my mind from the very start that i would equip myself with the best clubs and balls that each level allowed me. I also took full advantage of the level boosters. Up to press i have spent over £130. Playing from the tees, and the green speed of an Hack, a Pro, and even a Tour Pro, i did not find it so difficult. All my previous experience about how to play the wind and green breaks helped me, and of course the better clubs. now that i have reached Master the game is much more of a challenge

From day three i started getting messages calling me a cheater and a sandbagger and the increase is getting worse.What makes it even more annoying is that these insulting messages come from people that i have never played a game with.

I joined a CC a week ago, and because three people had accused me of being a cheat on my wall post, i was booted out. The owner of the CC even stated that he found it hard to believe that i could have posted some of my scores in such a short time.

Anybody can look at my score history and see that i have never played a Match Play,.alternate shot, or Skins game. The only games i have played where credits have been involved have been some WGT ready-go games, and i have never won one.

So i ask you, what benefit am i getting, if I'm cheating. And why would a so called sandbagger be trying to reach legend so fast.

I have read a load of stuff in the main forum about the low scores that legends get in tournaments, and that they must be cheating. And quiet rightly, plenty of people come out and defend them. Well why cant somebody starting out be good at this game and post good scores.

I have nothing to hide, and I'm certainly not ashamed that there is at least one thing i can play well enough to have got certain players so jealous and upset that they feel the need to insult me 

Doubt is always present when you have scores and performance such is yours and the reason for that is WGT has it's share of people that have done very well and climbed to the top only to start a second account and to use that second account to sandbag and look for victims that are willing to bet on a game.  There is little doubt in my mind that some people are more gifted than others at understanding how this game works, that can hit the ding on every shot because of great hand eye coordination, and that they can excel where others cannot.  

Keep in mind, many of us on here are seniors (old farts) that did not grow up playing video games.  We all grew up playing sports and other things that occupied our time.  Gamers, be it professional or someone that has played a lot of games on nintendo, play station or whatever, will in all probability do very well, but that doesn't mean that they will know how to play certain holes on these courses as they vary  with consistency in shot requirements.  I think it is entirely possible that one can do what you have done and I am freakin jealous of that.  ;)

Now having said all of that, you are the one that has to look in the mirror every morning, and if you are what you say you are then I wouldn't worry too much about the accusations.  And if folks start annoying you too much, there is always member@WGT.com. and a simple email could stop it all in time.

good luck, play well and may God bless 

• Oldstir
    434 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2012 2:51 PM

IH8kidz:

Well,listen. I'm sure not one of "them", but I nearly shot 18 under from the Legend tees on St Andrews. I think my avg at the time was around 64. I had 16 birdies, and the ones I didn't hole were makeable. In addition, I didn't make an eagle on any hole, which could have taken my score lower.

It can happen, any given day.

Yes of course anything can happen but did it really?  Even I shot a 58 on STA with a 1 bogey and it could have been better.  But you're forgetting one important thing especially concerning STA.  Hole #2, for 99% of players is only possible to birdie about 1 in 20 consecutive attempts.  Not to mention the 11th or 12th (can't recall) which is almost impossible to par in 1 in 20 consecutive attempts and not to mention the 17th which is almost impossible to birdie about 1 in 40 consecutive attempts with the pin back left. :)

So that means it would truly require not only the Luckiest Day of your Life, plus absolute EXTRAORDINARY LUCK to beat the odds on All of those 3 crucial Holes which is 99% improbable for anyone to do on any given day. :)

Anyway, "close" only counts with horseshoes and hand-grenades and even You probably admit to yourself that you will Never score a Prefect 18 under Ever but hats off to them if they actually did it.  Just like I once birdied the first 6 holes on OAK which probably no one else has ever done and scored my first sub-60 round of 59 but I guarantee you I will Never birdie those "first 6 holes" again nor probably score below 60 on OAK again either.

It's just Too much luck and Too much coincidence Too hard to believe and Too fortunate that someone did it, let alone they say; 3 or 4 others have also scored a Perfect 18 under?  They were probably all STA too?  I don't know.  Makes no difference since I could care less if they did or didn't and I'll still only believe it if I see it. :) 

I'm more concerned about the uselessness and abuse of the Forum and Wall and creating a fair and equal playing field for All members.

• Jerm65
    1,413 Posts
    Thu, Mar 1 2012 3:47 PM

Oldstir:
    STA.  Hole #2, for 99% of players is only possible to birdie about 1 in 20 consecutive attempts.  Not to mention the 11th or 12th (can't recall) which is almost impossible to par in 1 in 20 consecutive attempts and not to mention the 17th which is almost impossible to birdie about 1 in 40 consecutive attempts with the pin back left. :)

Your numbers may or may not prove out....but please bear in mind that when you're talking about someone that shoots a score of 18-under.....you're not talking about a member of the 99%, but rather a member of the 1%.

The 2nd and 11th at STA are both realistic birdie holes, once you figure out how to play them.  The 1%.....have obviously figured that out.

ps: is 18-under really "perfect"?  My best round is 53, yet the most birdies I've had in a round is 16.  Hmmmm.....how does that work?

RSS