QUESTION FOR OLDER EXPERIENCE LEGENDS

Fri, Mar 2 2012 10:48 PM (21 replies)
  • mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2012 8:56 PM

TeeWade:

manabouttown11:

TeeWade:
    I have over 50 some Cally(z)'s but still can't get how to work the extra yardage on them bad boys

Not sure if this is correct but i am working on the assumption that each dot of distance is approx 1-2% of the club you are using with no spin. I have found using full bs with the Nike (lvl71) X ball it will travel very close to rated dist on the club. Hope this helps.

edit: OP asked for experienced so just ignore me lol.

LOL, I know that feeling well myself. I thank you for the info on the Cally balls. I'll give it a try tomorrow for a few rounds and see how it goes. Thank you once again bud, much appreciated :)

Funny you should mention that about the Call's .... When they first came out, I was using the GI-SD's (which is not a bad ball)... I changed to the Callaways and was struggling using them. So I changed back to the GiSd's, then gave the Call's another chance...kept on flip flopping.. Then just stuck with the Callaways..lol...

Takes time to get use to em.. but good in the long run... I think. Now I use the Nikes, I can't tell the difference between the 2, but my scores are getting lower using the Nikes.... Go Figure...lol

• TeeWade
    1,216 Posts
    Fri, Mar 2 2012 10:48 PM

lol    yeah I keep hearing that I need to graduate to the Callys, but just struggle with them and the added yardage. Played 4 days straight with them and wrote down basically every shot that I took..distance to hole, club I used, wind strength/direction and final result of said shots. When I went back to use the same formula or tweak it, It was like I had just started playing here at WGT. After 3-4 day spurts of using this technique and no help or advice, I just went back to the old standby balls I've been using for over a year. I've had one other person besides you that offered help, but....it was a requirement that I HAD to get on teamspeak or no help from said person. Soooo I'm just kinda/sorta floating at the moment with what to do. Having entered a handful of tournys lately, its also hard to decide on do i want to play well with a ball I know but is short, which can hurt having to hit from legend tees now, or do I suck it up and lose every tourny game because of pure guessing at new added distances with new balls. Quite a pickle i'm in at the moment lol.  Ahhhh  the joys of golf yeah?  hehe

RSS