Forums

Help › Forums

Our pets

Mon, Jun 18 2012 7:44 AM (33 replies)
  • IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2012 7:29 PM

Lucky, I'm sorry for what your going through, and for only stumbling upon this post now. I'm not married, and don't have any children. However, I am the proud mommy of the best chocolate lab in the world, Liberty. They really are like family. The best thing is, they just love you, no BS, just good stuff.

If ya need a friend, hit me up...

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2012 7:32 PM

It is definitely one of the hardest parts of sharing life with a pet, dog or cat.  He will always be a part of you, and even though it is hard to do, you have to think about all the good times, the fun things you did together, and move on knowing you gave him a wonderful life, the best he could have had.  It will be tough for a while, but the time will come when you find another, and even though he will never take Merlins place, you will love him just as much, and Merlin will be proud of you for doing so.

We lost this little guy in Feb of 2010, one of the hardest days we ever had.  WE still had his grandson and within 2 months we found our other little guy.  You know what is really neat about it, Zeke had his own personality, Pepper has his and little Leo, the new kid in the house has his, and that is what we will always remember.

Out thoughts are with you Luckysump

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2012 8:04 PM

I understand and have sympathy for the OP, I'm going on 62 years old. My only complaint about all the different dogs I have had through the years is they just don't live long enough! About 15 years ago just after my little buddy, Bambi, a MinPin, died, I was in a real funk. The depression lasted several months.

One day I just decided my next pet would have a longer lifespan than me. I went out and got myself a blue and gold Macaw, (expected lifespan of 75 years +). His name is Mango and he is a real hoot, he has a 250+ word vocabulary, and we can have some very funny conversations! Now my only problem is who will inherit the big guy when I expire! lol!

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2012 11:09 PM

I sympathize with anyone who has lost a part of thier life through the loss of a cherished loved one.   At my advavced age i have had so many loved and cherished individuals that have been a major part of my daily life, that i can not decide a favorite.  They have all loved me and mine to the most that they could for as long as they could.  It doesnot matter the type, breed, or age, they just want to love us and be with us!   When they must leave it is regretable,  they will be mourned, and forever remembered.  I like to think that when my time finally arrives that those who are with me at the end, (presently 2 dogs, and 8 cats) will remember me as fondly as I would them.  Free Thoughts this time.....

PS, sixkiller, a long lived macaw was made to be passed on to person who would most appreciate having it for what joy and love they can gain by being a thoughtful care taker for you and your memory.  It is what i have done, and has worked out well.

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Tue, Apr 10 2012 6:15 AM

An update on the hound, he's still with us the vet has said to keep an eye on the lump in his throat, he plods about doing what he wants ( sleep mostly ). We have to help him down because he's as blind as a bat and his bladder not as good as it was.

The wet has said he's still a happy old Fart who standard of life is ok but keep an eye on him. Some may feel I  have been premature and for that i am sorry, it is however only a matter of time. I'll keep you all posted. and many Thank to all of you.

Lucky.

• luckysump
    638 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2012 4:30 PM

Merlin superdog passed away on the 16/06/2012 in his sleep, much loved and missed by family and friends. He was 13 and a half years old, a Cantankerous old fart who liked to do things his way ( bit like me ).

He will be remembered just like the rest of Dogs ( friends ) I have had. A watercolour painting from a Artist friend will join the the other family Hounds on the staircase.

Merlington Poo, We will miss you.

Lucky

• TWOMINUSONE
    2,580 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2012 4:34 PM

So sorry to hear the sad news Luckysump. Take comfort in the fact you and Merlin had some great times together, and the memories will always be there. Very nice touch getting the Painting done, something i wish i could of thought of doing. I will set up a tourny in memory of Merlin in our CC in honour.

• opyeuclid
    6,709 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2012 5:38 PM

Sir , For us who think of are  Pet,s as best friends and Family ,

I have no words here to finish . nor do i need any .

OPY

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Sat, Jun 16 2012 7:41 PM

Sorry to here Merlin passed Lucky....but know this he was loved and loved back....gone home.

• IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Sun, Jun 17 2012 7:01 AM

Awww, Lucky...so sorry to hear it. :-(

RSS