Forums

Help › Forums

length of hit

Tue, Apr 2 2013 7:28 AM (26 replies)
  • straightenup
    14 Posts
    Sun, Mar 25 2012 4:33 AM

I've just played Bethpage (again and again) and find that the club selection for the required distance as shown on the meter reading always lands at least 30 - 40 metres short of the target (invariably into the bunker). I play golf in real life so I guess I should not take this game as serious, mmmmmm

I also notice that we never play on wet surfaces,what a perfect world we've got !!!

• WGTicon
    12,511 Posts
    Sun, Mar 25 2012 8:57 AM

Hi

the club selector is not absolute and almost always requires adjusting. BP has many uphill shots so you would have to club up or hit via other means. Never rely on a caddy and evaluate 1 shot at a time.

-wgticon

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Mar 25 2012 9:15 AM

If you're working in metres it's no wonder you're short.

• Steve442
    710 Posts
    Sun, Mar 25 2012 11:01 AM

I find that my clubs go fairly close to the distance I expect them to go. If I'm short it's invariably my fault.

• cadillac1961
    268 Posts
    Sun, Mar 25 2012 12:27 PM

@ straighten up

What you write down is not correct. If you play the Bethpage a lot of times and nothing changes, than you make a big mistake with your self.

Bethpage needs some specials, you must know.

Change some clubs up, if you hit the green.

Some greens you have to hit with a punch, not with full shot.

( Show for several up or down spin ) !!!!

And the most greens have a different up and down level.

I know that some greens are very hard to play, but every one have a way , and  if you know this, than you have realie great rounds here.

• wayat
    406 Posts
    Sun, Mar 25 2012 12:28 PM

I like to play like you're actually in the field and set the pole and the distance to the circumstances such as wind, the height of the greenand so on.
    regards

• steviejar
    148 Posts
    Sun, Mar 25 2012 12:42 PM

just started playing Beth! best course yet, just about parring it! watch out! know my mistakes, sub par next! 

• steviejar
    148 Posts
    Sun, Mar 25 2012 12:47 PM

PS too my last post, get on the green putting is easyish!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• straightenup
    14 Posts
    Sun, Mar 25 2012 4:50 PM

Incorrect terminology, I like to use yards even though metres are the standard in Aust.

Thanks though, I will just have to try other ways wont I

• straightenup
    14 Posts
    Sun, Mar 25 2012 4:54 PM

Thankyou for that, I will just go on trying things for a while before I get to my 70th birthday !

RSS