Forums

Help › Forums

length of hit

Tue, Apr 2 2013 7:28 AM (26 replies)
  • straightenup
    14 Posts
    Sun, Mar 25 2012 4:57 PM

My expectation is that if you use a club for a specific distance then you would expect that to happen given that allowance ghas been made for wind direction and lie.

I will be trying out different methods though

• straightenup
    14 Posts
    Sun, Mar 25 2012 4:58 PM

great feeling I bet, I am not up too that level yet but trying

• MainzMan
    9,590 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2012 6:34 AM

Bethpage is a brilliant course, tricky enough to always be challenging but if your game is on form almost every hole can be birdied fairly easily.  The two that I find hardest to birdie are #5 and #7 although #5 has got a lot easier since I got the R11 irons.  If you can hit fairways and greens you can get a great score as most of the greens are pretty friendly.

It can seem daunting when you first play there but it's a great course once you get to know it.  Kinda like Oakmont.  Just a bit less vicious if you annoy it.

Sorry, got carried away with Bethpage admiration.  To the OP, you could try clearing your flash cache, that can help if things are a bit screwed up.  Icon is right about playing to elevated greens though, you need to allow an extra yard for every 3 feet of elevation and you also need more backspin to hold the green.  The problem is lost of backspin can take a fair few yards off a shot too, particularly if you play it just under full power.  You may think you're taking 5 yards off a shot only to find it landing 20 short.

• JaLaBar
    1,254 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2012 9:35 AM

steviejar:
    PS too my last post, get on the green putting is easyish!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You must not have met #15 yet.

• pipeman1370
    109 Posts
    Mon, Mar 26 2012 4:48 PM

I would like to know why WGT finds it necessary to change the consistence of all the starter clubs when a person reaches Master level. I didn't get to Master with starter clubs that were inconsistent to distances. I am trying very hard to adjust to the changes and as soon as I can I will get better irons. My friends say it will get better but it is very aggrevating to have all the calculations I learned from my Master friends be to long a shot or way to short. I know it is the nature of the game to make it more difficult so that it doesn't become boring but is it that important to take a person who has practiced every day to get their average down to 66 and the same day they are leveled up their problems begin. I went from 66.88 to 77.98 the first day and 3 days later still at 77. I wonder how many Masters are still playing with Starter clubs. I did buy a R9 driver and a R11 3 wood hybrid but even those are not giving me the same distances they used to. I have to do surveys for credits just to keep ahead of all the balls that are taken or lost in the weeds ( for some strange reason). So come on, give us back the control we had before and we will support you with buying clubs and balls just as we do. In time. I know your tired of hearing from me and I held off for a few days before saying anything but make it fun again. I don't want to make excuses to my 200 friends why that shot was way over or you didn't have your Wheaties today, that was 12 ft short. Thanks Guys.

• pipeman1370
    109 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2012 9:57 AM

I want to say, after I came on and complained about the inconsistence of the starter irons when I became a Master. The next day they were back to normal and it was a pleasure to play that day and the day after. Today was a complete miss of distances not right according to wind and % of lie. It was so ridiculous that I quit every game I played. What is wrong with you people. Wouldn't it be better to make the customer happy instead of making them miserable and forcing them to quit or buy new clubs where then you leave them alone to play their game. Isn't it enough that you remove expensive balls before their used up. I have played every course today, thinking it would be better, but it wasn't. Yes I'm mad and discussed  with the way this game is controlled. To not think that WGT is controlling the game is an unfortunate disbelief. Guys fix the problem with the starter clubs and as soon as I can achieve enough credits, i will buy Taylor Made R 11 Irons ans swap my R9 for an R11 driver but until then I would like to play a TRUE game of golf on this great game.

• Lmorgan007
    408 Posts
    Thu, Mar 29 2012 2:59 PM

straightenup:

I've just played Bethpage (again and again) and find that the club selection for the required distance as shown on the meter reading always lands at least 30 - 40 metres short of the target (invariably into the bunker). I play golf in real life so I guess I should not take this game as serious, mmmmmm

I also notice that we never play on wet surfaces,what a perfect world we've got !!!

Yeah the 10th hole is only marginally uphill but always seems to play 10 yds longer than it is.  Ditto the 16th to a lesser extent.

• Steve442
    710 Posts
    Sun, Apr 15 2012 5:43 AM

pipeman1370:

I want to say, after I came on and complained about the inconsistence of the starter irons when I became a Master. The next day they were back to normal and it was a pleasure to play that day and the day after. Today was a complete miss of distances not right according to wind and % of lie. It was so ridiculous that I quit every game I played. What is wrong with you people. Wouldn't it be better to make the customer happy instead of making them miserable and forcing them to quit or buy new clubs where then you leave them alone to play their game. Isn't it enough that you remove expensive balls before their used up. I have played every course today, thinking it would be better, but it wasn't. Yes I'm mad and discussed  with the way this game is controlled. To not think that WGT is controlling the game is an unfortunate disbelief. Guys fix the problem with the starter clubs and as soon as I can achieve enough credits, i will buy Taylor Made R 11 Irons ans swap my R9 for an R11 driver but until then I would like to play a TRUE game of golf on this great game.

The starter clubs ARE inconsistent, that's why they are starter clubs. It's not that WGT is controlling them it is simply the way they are. The precision is the problem but you've been around long enough to know this.

• pipeman1370
    109 Posts
    Mon, Apr 16 2012 8:48 AM

I am really tired of having to put up with the distance being wrong on every shot using tour starter clubs. You told me WGT does not regulate the consistence of the clubs. Then how is it when I first started with these clubs as a Hack, they were very forgiving. When I leveled up to pro I upgraded to the Tour Pro set and wow they were really nice. They had some problems from time to time, since I had them so long and didn't buy better clubs. When I made Master the clubs went to long or to short for the same calc's I had used before on the same course and the same conditions. I posted a response to my disgust  and the very next day my clubs were back to normal. Of course my average went from 66.88 to 75.99 one day. Now who do you think your fooling when you say "your not regulating my clubs"?

I'm not changing them. If the distance says 175 yrds with 3 mph wind, I hit 180 and land 10 yrds short. What's wrong with that picture. I've played 98 days straight and also have noticed that when I play by myself, I do better then when I play a group on the same course with similar conditions. That seems to be telling me "If you don't upgrade your clubs, we don't want you to play our game.

As soon as I can accumulate enough credits from doing surveys, I will buy better clubs but few and far between, I get just enough credits to buy balls, mostly the better wgt ballls. Callaways on a good survey day are my favorite. so bottom line don't try to make me believe wgt  doesn't alter the control on clubs when it is so obvious. Be good and take my clubs back to were they where so I can at least enjoy a few games with understood success until I can upgrade.

• pipeman1370
    109 Posts
    Mon, Apr 16 2012 8:48 AM

I am really tired of having to put up with the distance being wrong on every shot using tour starter clubs. You told me WGT does not regulate the consistence of the clubs. Then how is it when I first started with these clubs as a Hack, they were very forgiving. When I leveled up to pro I upgraded to the Tour Pro set and wow they were really nice. They had some problems from time to time, since I had them so long and didn't buy better clubs. When I made Master the clubs went to long or to short for the same calc's I had used before on the same course and the same conditions. I posted a response to my disgust  and the very next day my clubs were back to normal. Of course my average went from 66.88 to 75.99 one day. Now who do you think your fooling when you say "your not regulating my clubs"?

I'm not changing them. If the distance says 175 yrds with 3 mph wind, I hit 180 and land 10 yrds short. What's wrong with that picture. I've played 98 days straight and also have noticed that when I play by myself, I do better then when I play a group on the same course with similar conditions. That seems to be telling me "If you don't upgrade your clubs, we don't want you to play our game.

As soon as I can accumulate enough credits from doing surveys, I will buy better clubs but few and far between, I get just enough credits to buy balls, mostly the better wgt ballls. Callaways on a good survey day are my favorite. so bottom line don't try to make me believe wgt  doesn't alter the control on clubs when it is so obvious. Be good and take my clubs back to were they where so I can at least enjoy a few games with understood success until I can upgrade.

RSS