Forums

Help › Forums

length of hit

Tue, Apr 2 2013 7:28 AM (26 replies)
  • TrufflIE
    524 Posts
    Mon, Apr 16 2012 9:22 AM

pipeman1370:

I am really tired of having to put up with the distance being wrong on every shot using tour starter clubs. You told me WGT does not regulate the consistence of the clubs. Then how is it when I first started with these clubs as a Hack, they were very forgiving. When I leveled up to pro I upgraded to the Tour Pro set and wow they were really nice. They had some problems from time to time, since I had them so long and didn't buy better clubs. When I made Master the clubs went to long or to short for the same calc's I had used before on the same course and the same conditions. I posted a response to my disgust  and the very next day my clubs were back to normal. Of course my average went from 66.88 to 75.99 one day. Now who do you think your fooling when you say "your not regulating my clubs"?

I'm not changing them. If the distance says 175 yrds with 3 mph wind, I hit 180 and land 10 yrds short. What's wrong with that picture. I've played 98 days straight and also have noticed that when I play by myself, I do better then when I play a group on the same course with similar conditions. That seems to be telling me "If you don't upgrade your clubs, we don't want you to play our game.

As soon as I can accumulate enough credits from doing surveys, I will buy better clubs but few and far between, I get just enough credits to buy balls, mostly the better wgt ballls. Callaways on a good survey day are my favorite. so bottom line don't try to make me believe wgt  doesn't alter the control on clubs when it is so obvious. Be good and take my clubs back to were they where so I can at least enjoy a few games with understood success until I can upgrade.

I'm really tired of people complaining about the distances without asking for help first...

Like someone said before, when you get better clubs, the more the spin, the more distance you have to add on a full backspin shot...

Learn how to hit shots with no spin, and you will find yourself hitting too long...

learn how to properly use spin, and you'll be fine.

Personally, I have no problems with distance, some days, my mental calculations are off, and I find myself with 15-20 foot putts the whole round, and some days i'm tapping in birdies all day...

• alosso
    21,059 Posts
    Mon, Apr 16 2012 3:20 PM

@pipeman:

One attribute of the Starters is their relatively low trajectory with some consequences:

- shots will be short on upslopes,

- shots will roll "forever", this being amplified by their low spin ability,

- you can't shoot over some ridges from a certain distance.

You simply have to take this into account and accept that some shots are impossible - either you won't reach the greens or the ball will disappear in their rear without mercy.

Two ways to solve it:

- adapt your game to the tools you have, i.e. look for the possible shots rather than fooling around with the impossible ones,

- buy better tools - in this world, length, spin and high trajectory are mostly a question of cash.

I can tell you that I play most elevations without extra length now - with the best G20s available (e.g. CCC #9).

• pipeman1370
    109 Posts
    Sun, Mar 24 2013 7:06 AM

I get so tired of excuses Icon. I was playing 18 holes of Royal St. George just now and the first 2 holes were good. Then on the 3rd hit  a 255 yrd on the ding shot with 4 mph right to left. The ball went 176 yrds and no roll. Then all the greens were exact opposite speeds. Meaning on a downhill, it always was short and on a straight it was longer. What it your excuse for that. oops?

This game has so many problems since your added that Novus 1000v to your programmer.  It is not fun to play any more because their is to much inconsistence. It apparently doesn't effect some of the players but it obviously is directed to me.

So why don't you just admit the VEM is for marketing purpose to force people to buy better equipment and balls. Or make those who don't spend money go away. Because you load control switching on a player the minute they go on line. I wonder if I would have this problem to complain about if I spent  $100.00 on equipment?

Yes WGT is a great golf game and I have enjoyed it very much but for the last few weeks, it has been a real frustration to try to figure out shots. Then the meter speed runs real fast  on a birdy or par shot but on a bogey, it's nice and slow. Is that like the cat getting the mouse?  Time to quit with the excuses and lies. You know what is happening and we do too. So why not just say, for some of you, you will experience adverse shot reactions and wind discrepancies, green speed inconsistencies and meter flucuations that you will not be able to calculate.You may also have your swing move on it's own without you doing anything. It will be just hit the ball and then try to do recovery. WOW, isn't that just great. I wouldn't blame anyone for quitting this game with all those situations going on. So have a nice day, killing the game!!!!!! And stop the Bull.

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Sun, Mar 24 2013 9:03 PM

pipeman1370:

You may also have your swing move on it's own without you doing anything. It will be just hit the ball and then try to do recovery.  So have a nice day, killing the game!!!!!! And stop the Bull.

You have fairly good equipment, so if I were you I'd make my next purchase the level 75 tinfoil hat.

• pipeman1370
    109 Posts
    Mon, Apr 1 2013 1:57 PM

I'd like  to know why every 8ft putt I hit on any course rolls to 1 inch of the hole and stops. Causing the lose of a birdy to par.There are other things that happen like the ball not going straight at the target  when hit on the ding with wind straight  off my back. Or hit on the ding and land on the greens and head away from the target with no break at that point. Seems hard to score any low scores I used to be able to do. Guess that is the new program to make it unpleasant to play when things don't go as planned. If  you try to tell me it is just like a real golf course one more time, I think I will throw up and die. Not even close to a real course. On a real course you know there are certain ways to play each green wet or dry by the first or second green. A ball doesn't just stop in a roll, it slows down to a stop. This is a Beta version and it is amazingly additive to avoid. But it is also the most frustrating thing I do to enjoy a game. 

Please explain to me why these things happen on a regular basis. 

• cchristi42
    57 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2013 7:17 AM

pipeman1370:

I'd like  to know why every 8ft putt I hit on any course rolls to 1 inch of the hole and stops. Causing the lose of a birdy to par.There are other things that happen like the ball not going straight at the target  when hit on the ding with wind straight  off my back. Or hit on the ding and land on the greens and head away from the target with no break at that point. Seems hard to score any low scores I used to be able to do. Guess that is the new program to make it unpleasant to play when things don't go as planned. If  you try to tell me it is just like a real golf course one more time, I think I will throw up and die. Not even close to a real course. On a real course you know there are certain ways to play each green wet or dry by the first or second green. A ball doesn't just stop in a roll, it slows down to a stop. This is a Beta version and it is amazingly additive to avoid. But it is also the most frustrating thing I do to enjoy a game. 

Please explain to me why these things happen on a regular basis. 

Aim an extra foot then?

• filmslayer
    2,340 Posts
    Tue, Apr 2 2013 7:28 AM

try adding 5yrds of club for every 15 foot uphill , that should get you in the ballpark ...

RSS